Temple Traded for Ben McLemore and Deyonte Davis (merged)

$20.5
Hopefully more if Ben agrees to a buyout (below his salary).
I would be surprised if he agreed to a buyout, I don’t think he would have teams beating his door down to sign him. Would the kings throw an offer to Capella? I’m thinking they are going to be involved in some kind of 3 way deal

I for one like it. A second rounder was really all we could get for a journeyman like Temple.

Whatever the case, it removes a logjam at the wing and the coach's second favorite player. Ben and Davis are just going to ride the end of the bench as 12th and 13th men, so who cares.
I saw a lot of similarities in shump and temple.
Davis is a true center, not to be pushed around type of guys, you know like when willie is being pushed around and they had to sub KK.

I would be surprised if he agreed to a buyout, I don’t think he would have teams beating his door down to sign him. Would the kings throw an offer to Capella? I’m thinking they are going to be involved in some kind of 3 way deal
I can't see it either but the possibility and rational for the cash has been thrown out there.
Interesting about 3-way, any idea of a potential framework?

I saw a tweet that mentioned if Willie is sent to Houston in a sign-and-trade for Clint Capela it would make it possible to give him a max deal.
If they do this, then Vlade's talk about Bagley as a 3 wasn't just off the cuff but their real plan

From what I can gather the "cash considerations" should be close enough to the amount needed to buy them both out. So then the Kings basically opened up 2 rosters spots and saved like 6 or 7 million. Which means they could now absorb a very large contract.

We shall see. I just hope this is a chess move and not a hangman move.
We better not release Davis, who is actually an intriguing young guy. Put up a nice all-around year off the bench and has some good skills to develop in a new-age C. Would be intrigued to let him fight Skal for back-up big minutes.

Like seeing how on twitter on Garrett Temple is "Good" now and the #KANGZ are stupid as always. Good locker room guy, but he was flat out bad in all facets last year and most of the year before.

We better not release Davis, who is actually an intriguing young guy. Put up a nice all-around year off the bench and has some good skills to develop in a new-age C. Would be intrigued to let him fight Skal for back-up big minutes.

Like seeing how on twitter on Garrett Temple is "Good" now and the #KANGZ are stupid as always. Good locker room guy, but he was flat out bad in all facets last year and most of the year before.
I call it the #donciceffect

He would not be staying on the team if they traded for him. If they can get some assets out of OKC I guess it's worth it, but I'm just a little skeptical what they have to offer is anything better than what the Nets got from Denver the other day (which to me is kind of...ehhh).