Deadline Deals

Wouldn't mind a direct Richardson for Osman swap to solve our logjam at SG, depending on how Malachi fares this season

Or Osman+BKN 1st for Hield if we are set on Bogdan as our primary SG

Carmichael Dave thinks we can sneak a first rounder away for Hill, assuming he means to a upper tier playoff team & a late one. Not seeing it Dave unless we ate multi year bad salary perhaps.

I think the Spurs may be interested in George Hill, if Tony Parker doesn't make a full recovery from his injury this year.

I can see the Spurs giving up their late 1st rounder this or next year for Hill, if Parker is not back to form by January or the trade deadline. Other players or teams would need to be involved though.

Hill was an all time favorite of Popovich.

I think the Spurs may be interested in George Hill, if Tony Parker doesn't make a full recovery from his injury this year.

I can see the Spurs giving up their late 1st rounder this or next year for Hill, if Parker is not back to form by January or the trade deadline. Other players or teams would need to be involved though.

Hill was an all time favorite of Popovich.
They have to have salary to match as well, what is the player?

Like I said, it would probably need to involve other teams and players. Probably a 3-way trade of some sort, I don't really have any names.
espn trade machine doesn't work as you can't trade Hill yet but I tried to match George's salary with other players and it works if we trade him for Parker and Bertans.

We can then maybe go ahead with the Malachi for Hezonja trade and then release the VC to go to the raps.

C - WCS/2K/Papa
PF - ZBo/Skal/Giles/Cooley
SF - Jackson/Hezonja/Bertans/Sampson
SG - BB8/Hield/Temple
PG - Fox/Parker/Mason III

Parker would be a good mentor for Fox to round the season out.

And maybe... if Parker wants to take up a back up mentor role, he can be back next season

WCS+Buddy Hield for Jabari Parker.

Why Kings do it: I think Parker can be a franchise player...but of course, the biggest question marks surrounds his health. He has a higher ceiling than Buddy and WCS. I'd rather take 1 franchise player over 2 solid starting NBA players. Carmelo Anthony over Eric Gordon and Tyson Chandler. In 51 games last year, he averaged 20pts 6rebs 2.8asts on 49/36.5/74. He's going to be a RFA at the end of this season, but he's only 22.

Why Bucks do it: Parker's long-term health might make them reluctant to give him a max contract. In Buddy, they get a good backup SG who can produce right away for their playoff push. Plus, he's still only in year 2 of his rookie contract. WCS will provide rim protection and defensive versatility for the Bucks. They actually have solid/good perimeter defenders in Middleton, Snell, Brogdon, and Bledsoe(when he tries). Willie could focus solely on protecting the rim and grabbing rebounds. Change of scenery could lit something under him. Their age frames lineup with their entire core. Here's their ages at the end of the calendar year: Giannis 23, Middleton 26, Brogdon 25, Snell 25, and Bledsoe 28. Buddy 24 and WCS 24. The biggest appeasement in both players is the fact that both Buddy and WCS are in their rookie deals, and they're around the age where they're entering their prime.

WCS+Buddy Hield for Jabari Parker.

Why Kings do it: I think Parker can be a franchise player...but of course, the biggest question marks surrounds his health. He has a higher ceiling than Buddy and WCS. I'd rather take 1 franchise player over 2 solid starting NBA players. Carmelo Anthony over Eric Gordon and Tyson Chandler. In 51 games last year, he averaged 20pts 6rebs 2.8asts on 49/36.5/74. He's going to be a RFA at the end of this season, but he's only 22.

Why Bucks do it: Parker's long-term health might make them reluctant to give him a max contract. In Buddy, they get a good backup SG who can produce right away for their playoff push. Plus, he's still only in year 2 of his rookie contract. WCS will provide rim protection and defensive versatility for the Bucks. They actually have solid/good perimeter defenders in Middleton, Snell, Brogdon, and Bledsoe(when he tries). Willie could focus solely on protecting the rim and grabbing rebounds. Change of scenery could lit something under him. Their age frames lineup with their entire core. Here's their ages at the end of the calendar year: Giannis 23, Middleton 26, Brogdon 25, Snell 25, and Bledsoe 28. Buddy 24 and WCS 24. The biggest appeasement in both players is the fact that both Buddy and WCS are in their rookie deals, and they're around the age where they're entering their prime.
I like this idea a lot. Very interested in what Bucks fans would think about it but we need more elite talent on this team and Jabari can definitely be that type of player.

Personally, I don't think the Bucks would do it. They already have Maker as a young defensive C to develop while also having Henson on the books for another 3 years at $10 mil per year. As for Hield, their perimeter depth chart looks like:

Bledsoe / Dellavedova
Brogdon / Vaughn
Middleton / Snell

I'm not sure where I see Hield fitting in there. with Bledsoe, Dellavedova, Brogdon, Middleton, & Snell as the 5 man wing rotation with Vaughn as their young SG that they are developing. Hield would now be competing with that 6th spot and probably not provide a lot of value at the moment. I think they would be most interested in Labissiere in a trade that includes Parker. Gives them another high upside guy who can play PF with Maker or even C (after getting stronger) with Giannis. We have a limited amount of high upside guys as it is so I would be hesitant to give Labissiere up.

I like this idea a lot. Very interested in what Bucks fans would think about it but we need more elite talent on this team and Jabari can definitely be that type of player.

Personally, I don't think the Bucks would do it. They already have Maker as a young defensive C to develop while also having Henson on the books for another 3 years at $10 mil per year. As for Hield, their perimeter depth chart looks like:

Bledsoe / Dellavedova
Brogdon / Vaughn
Middleton / Snell

I'm not sure where I see Hield fitting in there. with Bledsoe, Dellavedova, Brogdon, Middleton, & Snell as the 5 man wing rotation with Vaughn as their young SG that they are developing. Hield would now be competing with that 6th spot and probably not provide a lot of value at the moment. I think they would be most interested in Labissiere in a trade that includes Parker. Gives them another high upside guy who can play PF with Maker or even C (after getting stronger) with Giannis. We have a limited amount of high upside guys as it is so I would be hesitant to give Labissiere up.
I don't think the Bucks would be interested in Skal. They drafted 2 developmental young PFs in back to back drafts. While Skal has a higher ceiling than them, he'd be their 3rd developmental big man.
The uniqueness about the Bucks is that they're a legitimate playoff team with a franchise player who's only 22/23 AND he's already a top 10 NBA player. Usually when you have a franchise player that young, you're ok with not immediately contending, but the Bucks have already built a playoff core around him. Giannis-Bledsoe-Brogdon-Middleton. All 4 are actually capable of running an offense..which is insane.
They've given Maker developmental minutes, but he's probably not even a NBA rotational player yet. The Bucks desperately need big men. They only have 2 "true" bigs on their team in Henson and Teletovic. If they added Buddy and WCS, this is how their team would look like:
Giannis, Bledsoe, Middleton, Brogdon, Buddy, Snell, Henson, WCS, Teletovic, and Delladova.

I'm not sure how rotations would work at all, but Buddy and Willie are instant contributors. Vaughn actually doesn't play much. Buddy would fit coming off the bench as a shooter and scorer. I could actually see Delladova getting benched in this scenario too because the Bucks already have players who can run an offense much better than he can.

I don't think the Bucks would be interested in Skal. They drafted 2 developmental young PFs in back to back drafts. While Skal has a higher ceiling than them, he'd be their 3rd developmental big man.
The uniqueness about the Bucks is that they're a legitimate playoff team with a franchise player who's only 22/23 AND he's already a top 10 NBA player. Usually when you have a franchise player that young, you're ok with not immediately contending, but the Bucks have already built a playoff core around him. Giannis-Bledsoe-Brogdon-Middleton. All 4 are actually capable of running an offense..which is insane.
They've given Maker developmental minutes, but he's probably not even a NBA rotational player yet. The Bucks desperately need big men. They only have 2 "true" bigs on their team in Henson and Teletovic. If they added Buddy and WCS, this is how their team would look like:
Giannis, Bledsoe, Middleton, Brogdon, Buddy, Snell, Henson, WCS, Teletovic, and Delladova.

I'm not sure how rotations would work at all, but Buddy and Willie are instant contributors. Vaughn actually doesn't play much. Buddy would fit coming off the bench as a shooter and scorer. I could actually see Delladova getting benched in this scenario too because the Bucks already have players who can run an offense much better than he can.
Fair points, but I still find it hard for them to win a championship with Bledsoe/Brogdon/Middleton/Giannis. Don't get me wrong. that will be a great team, but will that team be good enough to win it all? I don't think so. I think going all out to compete now is a little reckless. If I were them, I would do what I can to find a way to add another star next to those four guys I mentioned. To do that, they need to make some cap space for next year. How about this trade instead:

MIL Gets: Willie Cauley-Stein, Malachi Richardson, & Vince Carter
SAC Gets: Jabari Parker & John Henson

Why for MIL?
They obviously get out of having to pay Parker who has been injury prone up to this point. And paying him now means they have committed to the core they have to try and win a title (and like I mentioned above, I'm not overly confident). This trade also sheds Henson's deal for an expiring (Carter). They would have a 2018-19 payroll of $101.3 after this trade. The cap is projected to be $101 mil. If they traded Teletovic, Snell, & Dellavedova for cap space, they would have ~$27.5 mil in cap space. Considering, it might take one or two of their young guys (Cauley-Stein, Maker, Wilson, Richardson, Brown, Vaughn) to move them, you're probably looking at $30.5-$35 mil in cap space with a core of:

PG - Bledsoe
SG - Brogdon / Vaughn / Brown
SF - Middleton / Richardson
PF - Giannis / Wilson
C - Cauley-Stein / Maker

Now, they have the cap space to go out and add one of George, LeBron, Cousins, or Jordan. I think George would be the best fit with his ability to defend multiple positions and still be effective off the ball. Plus he might see MIL as his chance to win a title vs. sticking with OKC or going to LA who will have to come out of the much tougher western conference.

Why for SAC?
Like we mentioned, Parker has better potential than either Cauley-Stein or Richardson and we are in desperate need of players with elite potential. This deal also allows us to keep Hield (with Richardson going out instead) for the cost of eating his 3 year deal. However, Henson's deal will be off the books before we would have to resign any of our young guys (Fox, Mason, Bogdanovic, Hield, Jackson, Labissiere, Giles, Papagiannis).

PG - Hill / Fox / Mason
SG - Bogdanovic / Hield
SF - Parker / Temple / Jackson
PF - Labissiere / Randolph / Giles
C - Koufos / Henson / Papagiannis

Then maybe we can try to move a combo of Hill, Mason, Hield, Jackson, and Papagiannis in a 3 way deal to land the 2018 BKN 1st. Fox/Bogdanovic/Parker/Labissiere/Giles/SAC 2018 1st/BKN 2018 1st would be a very solid young core that I'd be pretty darn excited about.

EDIT: Just had a Bucks fan on another forum say he would "no doubt" do the deal I mentioned above. He said he would also do a Hield/Koufos for Parker/Vaughn trade as well.

PG - Hill / Fox / Mason
SG - Bogdanovic / Richardson / Vaughn / Carter
PF - Labissiere / Randolph
C - Cauley-Stein / Papagiannis / Giles

EDIT #2: Looks like removing Henson & Carter from the deal still would be attractive from the Bucks side, so now you're looking at Cauley-Stein & Richardson for Parker (so @206Fan 's original trade but swapping Hield for Richardson instead).

PG - Hill / Fox / Mason
SG - Bogdanovic / Hield / Carter
PF - Labissiere / Randolph / Cooley
C - Koufos / Papagiannis / Giles

Last edited:

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
How would they suffer trying to trade someone playing 0 minutes:)

The player playing zero probably doesn't have much of a chance to attain as high a level of value as the Kings top young players so in the end it doesn't matter because the return would be zero anyway. Splitting minutes just diminishes the potential of the highest return possible.

Meh.....I think ideally, at least for me, is we deal Hill for a young SF instead of another pick. Who the SF is, I haven't looked but would be nice to not have another rookie but a more seasoned young guy who fits the core.
Two that come to mind are TJ Warren and Kent Bazemore (has been rubbish since his big deal), Suns really could use a non dominant PG to pair with Booker and I'd be willing to take on Chandler/Dudley contracts (both expiring next year) to get Warren who is on a really good deal.

Two that come to mind are TJ Warren and Kent Bazemore (has been rubbish since his big deal), Suns really could use a non dominant PG to pair with Booker and I'd be willing to take on Chandler/Dudley contracts (both expiring next year) to get Warren who is on a really good deal.
Why would the Suns trade an asset for a 31 year old PG when they are not ready to compete?

Why would we take on a 28 year old SF rather than trying to move Hill for a young asset that goes with our core?

bajaden

Hall of Famer
The Cavs don't have the Lakers' 1st round pick in 2018. They have Brooklyn's 1st round pick in 2018. I would gladly take that pick for only taking on contracts like Shumpert & Frye, but I'm not sure the Cavs would go for it. I think they would like to get more in return than just Hill.
Yeah, my mistake, I couldn't remember which pick it was, but I knew it was going to be a fairly high one. Anyway, its the same deal with the Net's pick.

Why would the Suns trade an asset for a 31 year old PG when they are not ready to compete?

Why would we take on a 28 year old SF rather than trying to move Hill for a young asset that goes with our core?
We would obviously throw in one of our young guys in the deal to get Warren and why wouldn't we trade Hill for a 28 year old SF?

We would obviously throw in one of our young guys in the deal to get Warren
Oh was that obvious? Was is the part where you didn't mention it or the part where you said we can also take back one of their veterans as well?

and why wouldn't we trade Hill for a 28 year old SF?
I think you glossed over my original question. The question is not why wouldn't we. The question is why would we? You proposed the deal. The responsibility lies with you on giving a reason why.

Oh was that obvious? Was is the part where you didn't mention it or the part where you said we can also take back one of their veterans as well?

I think you glossed over my original question. The question is not why wouldn't we. The question is why would we? You proposed the deal. The responsibility lies with you on giving a reason why.
Because Baze is younger/more athletic and fills a need despite him not playing that well since he got his deal and is on a slighter cheaper contract.

At this rate if we want to move Hill we will probably have to give up a young guy due to his poor play and over inflated contract.

Because Baze is younger/more athletic and fills a need despite him not playing that well since he got his deal and is on a slighter cheaper contract.

At this rate if we want to move Hill we will probably have to give up a young guy due to his poor play and over inflated contract.
then you dont make a deal

Nerlens Noel might be a interesting name.. Might have a better chance of becoming what we expected of WCS.. You’d have to be comfortable with his health, though

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Nerlens Noel might be a interesting name.. Might have a better chance of becoming what we expected of WCS.. You’d have to be comfortable with his health, though
if Trill looks in the mirror, his reflection is Nerlens Noel. Both underwhelming Kentucky players who just haven't panned out as of now.