Free Agency Open Thread (NBA and Kings!)

With Zbo amd Hill we dont have the room for porter anymore, unless we are shedding salary.
We don't?

Hill/Fox/Mason
Hield/Bogdanovic/Richardson
Temple/Jackson
Randolph/Labissiere/Giles
Koufos/Cauley-Stein/Papagiannis

That's 14 out of 15 spots. Am I missing someone?

Unless you meant salary wise...

Entity

Hall of Famer
Jason Jones @mr_jasonjones
yesterday
The more people I speak with, Zach Randolph to the Kings sounds more and more unlikely. Cleveland very interested in Randolph

This was the moment i knew we were getting zbo
Does he actually want us to believe he is even in touch with anybody in our organization? He just sits around in his underwear watching Kobe highlights and ice cube videos

We don't?

Hill/Fox/Mason
Hield/Bogdanovic/Richardson
Temple/Jackson
Randolph/Labissiere/Giles
Koufos/Cauley-Stein/Papagiannis

That's 14 out of 15 spots. Am I missing someone?

Unless you meant salary wise...
No you are not, but I was referring to cap room, not roster spots :)

Entity

Hall of Famer
Bojan is not a starting quality sf.
He is not worth 16 per.

Get vince carter instead. More knowledge of coach's system.
I think you are right but if given my choice I'd rather have the Vince Carter type at the pg and the 31 year old at sf. I think fox is more ready than Jackson. But I'm just a fan

The Zach Randolph signing is better than the Hill signing....at least it was a fair value. Guess the Kings would rather really overpay for Hill than overpay for Lawson.....Randolph is way past his prime, but will contribute on offense. His defense looks to have fallen off due to his age. I think both new players should be coming off the bench to let the young players develop and take their licks immediately.....they are both past their prime. Neither of them have me excited, honestly - though I wouldn't say I'm disappointed either. With both signings the Kings are probably going to be putting one or two of the young guys back in D-League - guessing PapaG at least.

From Bobby Marks at ESPN:
The Zach Randolph and George Hill signing now has Sacramento with $25.3M in cap space. The room will likely shrink with the addition of former first round pick Bogdan Bogdanovic. The 12 guaranteed contracts include 8 players on rookie contracts.

Saw this

Entity

Hall of Famer
The Zach Randolph and George Hill signing now has Sacramento with $25.3M in cap space. The room will likely shrink with the addition of former first round pick Bogdan Bogdanovic. The 12 guaranteed contracts include 8 players on rookie contracts.

Saw this
Is it strange that before bogdan we have exactly the amount left for a porter max?

Saw this
Why is his figure not including Bogidan?

Saw this
Otto would start at 24.8 so we could max him out.
Wouldnt we then be able to use MLE for bogs?

Wish there was more news on Otto.

Can we get a tweet from Jason Jones saying "the Hill and Randolph signings have taken the Kings out of the running for Otto Porter."? Then I'd know we'd be sitting pretty :p
I think Otto's process will take a bit of time. He has met with 3 or 4 teams and with Hayward deciding shortly teams may join the race for his signature.

I'm fairly ambivalent .....was more intrigued with Porter even though more worried. They're grossly overpaying for a 31yro Hill imo. I think they could've gotten Lawson on a 2 yr 18 million deal - much better cap management. Randolph was fine.

Hill has a 3rd year option. He is a much better overall player than Lawson not to mention a vastly superior role model/ mentor. I think it is a great move. We aren't going to be competitive for a few years and need vets to teach these youngsters how to play, train and work the right way.

Hill has a 3rd year option. He is a much better overall player than Lawson not to mention a vastly superior role model/ mentor. I think it is a great move. We aren't going to be competitive for a few years and need vets to teach these youngsters how to play, train and work the right way.
Lawson does have speed on hill but hill can hit the 3 and is a better defender. I can see small-ball lineups with hill and fox working due to hills ability to defend some two guards.