Dave Joerger...rumors and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there was some type of conversation thru reps during the last month or so because it sure looks as though Vlade was going the slow deliberate route while this Memphis thing sorted itself out.
That explains the interviewing of Henry Bibby and Elston Turner. That would give more information to Vlade on Dave Joerger as well as whether or not Vlade would want them as assistant coaches here. Vlade is a genius

That explains the interviewing of Henry Bibby and Elston Turner. That would give more information to Vlade on Dave Joerger as well as whether or not Vlade would want them as assistant coaches here. Vlade is a genius
as long as vlade doesn't intend on hoisting these asst on whoever we hire. Shouldn't whoever we hire bring in their preferred asst coaches?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

Bricklayer

this has turned out to be a great offseason to have a coaching search. So many successful coaches becoming available its like shooting fish in a barrel. Being the Kings that means we'll hire Henry Bibby and a half-trained baboon as his lead assistant, but certainly for a halfway competent organization it would be hard to miss.

I'm cool with joerger. He knows how to use his bigs in gasol and Randolph. And it's a plus that he actually sought us out instead of us trying to sell sac. What I felt about Mitchell, I feel the exact opposite with joerger

Bricklayer

Conspiracy theory : maybe Joerger already has the Kings job and most of these coach interviews past weeks have been for assistants for Joeger ??!!
Not necessarily so conspiracy-like when it comes to Elston Turner, who has been Joerger's lead assistant in Memphis the past 3 years.

And Woj is reporting that we have been pushing to interview Joerger behind the scenes, and that he has been pushing them to let him come interview.

as long as vlade doesn't intend on hoisting these asst on whoever we hire. Shouldn't whoever we hire bring in their preferred asst coaches?
My natural thought is if he had them in Memphis, he'll more than likely want at least one of them here. It more of Vlade getting a feel for them as potential lead assistants, etc...

Bricklayer

My natural thought is if he had them in Memphis, he'll more than likely want at least one of them here. It more of Vlade getting a feel for them as potential lead assistants, etc...
I say Elston, Joerger's lead assistant the last three years in Memphis, and Adelman's lead assistant before that, was a placeholder. When it was said he was interviewing for a lead assistant job "depending on who became the head coach", now I think we know who that was. I also say Corliss stays on as Cuz's coach/handler.

Last edited:
There have been some great names kicked around in this coaching search but this is the first time I felt like one of them might actually be on their way to Sacramento for more than just an interview. I hope the Vladfather can get this done!
After the Kings have interviewed 30 ppl, I don't think Joerger asks for permission to interview if he wasn't going to get the job.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I've been reading up on Joerger. He's got a reputation for developing young players with 10 years of success in the D League, CBA, and IBA. Lionel Hollins asked him to take over the Grizzlies' defense in 2011 which coincides with their rise to dominance as a defensive squad. His players seem to like him and play hard for him. I'm on board if he's the choice.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I've been reading up on Joerger. He's got a reputation for developing young players with 10 years of success in the D League, CBA, and IBA. Lionel Hollins asked him to take over the Grizzlies' defense in 2011 which coincides with their rise to dominance as a defensive squad. His players seem to like him and play hard for him. I'm on board if he's the choice.
He's also probably a better offensive coach than Vogel ( he was in the midsts of updating the Grizzlies offensive when his players subbornly refused to stop junk balling/everyone got hurt/his front office traded anyone not injured for crazy and or old people)

gunks

Hall of Famer
Sounds like a rich man's Malone.

I'm so effing down for this hire!

Do it Vladfather!!

Status
Not open for further replies.