Old Kings returning for final game at STA

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Updated as of April 5, 2016 (from Kings.com)

Geoff Petrie*
Rick Adelman*

Pete Carril
Kenny Thomas
Vinny Del Negro
Jim Les
Brad Miller
Otis Thorpe
Olden Polynice
Joe Kleine
Maurice Evans
Mike Bibby
Doug Christie
Peja Stojakovic
Michael Stewart
Michael Jackson
Anthony Bonner
Eddie Jordan
Darrick Martin
Nick Anderson
Kenny Smith
Reggie Theus
Scot Pollard
Tony Massenburg
Duane Causwell
Tyus Edney
Henry Turner
Dennis Hopson
Terry Dehere
Spud Webb
Tony Delk
John Wetzel
Walt Williams
Bonzi Wells

*Per Ailene Voisin

Last edited:

Glenn

Hall of Famer
I don't have the whole list, but here are the names announced the last couple of days:

Kenny Smith
Nick Anderson
Scot Pollard
Tony Massenburg
Duane Causwell

Yes, I said Duane Causwell.

:)

Eddie Jordan
Anthony Bonner
Michael Jackson
Michael Stewart
Mo Evans
Joe Kleine

Olden Polynice
Otis Thorpe
Really?? Heck, I don't recognize some of them as ex-Kings.

Who the hell is Michael Jackson (as a Kings player)? (no joke)

And Mo Evans?

Shouldn't a player have played for the Kings more than one season before we would even reach out to them to represent former Kings teams?

And it would help if the ex-King hadn't been a complete failure when they were here (Nick Anderson, and to a lesser extent Olden Polynice).

And Mo Evans?

Shouldn't a player have played for the Kings more than one season before we would even reach out to them to represent former Kings teams?

And it would help if the ex-King hadn't been a complete failure when they were here (Nick Anderson, and to a lesser extent Olden Polynice).
Michael Jackson played for the Kings for 3 seasons. I remember him and Vinny Del Negro being one of the quickest back courts (off the bench).

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat

And Mo Evans?

See, with a stronger board response to the Kings Wiki Project I would have just been able to point you to the page.

MJ was a scrub 3rd string PG in the early years/80s.

Mo was here much later, within living memory. 2005ish or so. Josh Smith's rookie season I recall, as he went skying for a huge dunk one game and was met at the apex by Smith for a spectacular block. His most famous play was when he went up for another dunk and got clocked on the head by Carlos Boozer, requiring a bunch of stitches.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
What? T-Mass has been confirmed? Why? Just why?

Any word on whether other former Kings greats like Jason Hart, Orien Greene, Luther (Hit the) Head, or Pooh Jeter will be making an appearance?

What about Mateen? A Kings celebration just wouldn't be complete without everyone's favorite towel waver/guy least likely to see the court.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
And, I mean, Nick Anderson was brought in for a couple of years after he should have retired, mainly to stop J-Will from doing anything too stupid.

A real murderer's row being assembled here.

D Listers for sure. Maybe Vivek will book some terrible lip sinking music act too... oh wait they have been doing that for months already.

Last edited:
What? T-Mass has been confirmed? Why? Just why?

Any word on whether other former Kings greats like Jason Hart, Orien Greene, Luther (Hit the) Head, or Pooh Jeter will be making an appearance?

What about Mateen? A Kings celebration just wouldn't be complete without everyone's favorite towel waver/guy least likely to see the court.
If i'm not mistaken, Mateen is dealing with some legal issues currently. I'd be surprised to see him make it.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Mitch and C Webb need to be there I think. Their back-to-back tenures as 'best player on the team' cover a large span of Arco's history. I'd love to see Spud -- he's the only player I ever got an autograph from. I don't know that he looks back fondly on his time in Sacramento, but he was my earliest basketball hero and I doubt I'm alone in that. It's be nice to see Gerald Wallace there, if only to confirm that he's still alive. I haven't heard a word about him in over a year.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
Mitch and C Webb need to be there I think. Their back-to-back tenures as 'best player on the team' cover a large span of Arco's history. I'd love to see Spud -- he's the only player I ever got an autograph from. I don't know that he looks back fondly on his time in Sacramento, but he was my earliest basketball hero and I doubt I'm alone in that. It's be nice to see Gerald Wallace there, if only to confirm that he's still alive. I haven't heard a word about him in over a year.
Take Spud out golfing. That might swing the deal.

Not sure he'd come/ be able to come because I think he got picked-up by the Raptors, but it'd be fun to see JT there. He was one of the longest tenured Kings.

All in the family - Kngs. Lots of memories with all those guys. Thirty good years of Kings basketball. Lots of hot dogs for me and my many good partners, some long gone. Won't be there for the final game reunion but love 'em all.

Spud Webb and tony delk scheduled to attend.

On a side note. I wish we were playing a bottom dwelling team and not the thunder. Hopefully they are at a spot they can't move up or go down in seeding. And we can't move up or down draft position.