[Game] Kings vs. 76ers 10PM ET 7PM PT

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Well at least we can look forward to the draft, right?

Wait, what? Chicago has our pick?

Yeah but, what if we get the #1 pick?! BEN SIMMONS! GAME CHANGER!!!

....wait, what?
The joke is that is what is so miserable is that the #8 spot is STILL right there for the taking. Everybody is long. Nobody has moved more than 2 up on us. Its as pathetic a "race" as we've seen for a spot in some time. All it takes is some team, ANY team, to just step forward, just a little. Just a tiny bit.

If somebody were running away with things what to do here would be more obvious. But there's a carrot dangling right in our faces, and we're too uncoordinated to take it.

Both tonight & the Blazers game are games we should've won. We would've been extending our grip around the 8th spot with the Jazz losing tonight.

Where is the energy? Not that its all his fault, but there is something still wrong with Rudy since around the time he welcomed his baby.
**** the playoffs. We are 12 and 20 and just lost to a TWO WIN TEAM. I'm so sick of people "hoping" for the ****ing playoffs

I would not at all be surprised to see a hard reset if this thing continues to falter. Basically the entire veteran core (Rondo, Cuz, Rudy, Belli, Koufos, DC, Casspi) are pieces that other teams would have interest in. Sad that we're once again left in the dark about what direction this team is going in again.

P.S.

I don't want to do it, but you can certainly sell people on youth. T-Wolves are doing it, Jazz are doing it. Hell, even the Knicks with Porzingis are doing it. Going into next season with WCS, Ben and a bunch of new shiny young players is something you can market.

Bricklayer

lol bricklayer where are you mr cousins is. hof center lmao
Cousins is a HOF center.

Even on his not best night he still chugged his way to 21-11. He didn't win this game, but he certainly wasn't why we lost it. He and Marco were undynamically slogging along making a game of it, but no help ever came.

Due to those pick swaps you can't blow it up and rebuild and Vivek needs something to sell with the new arena. Big moves are coming, but we'll be building on the fly without a plan just like we did this summer... almost rather be in the 76ers position at this point.
The talent on this team is good enough to make the play offs in the West. They just need a coach who can use them to the best of their ability and implement a vision that players buy into. I have no doubt that someone like Malone would be doing a great job with this roster and we would already be one of the top team s in the West given how wide open and crappy the West has been this season.

Right coach would do wonders with this team. Finding the right coach will be a massive challenge mid-season.

I would not at all be surprised to see a hard reset if this thing continues to falter. Basically the entire veteran core (Rondo, Cuz, Rudy, Belli, Koufos, DC, Casspi) are pieces that other teams would have interest in. Sad that we're once again left in the dark about what direction this team is going in again.
Even if this team turned out to be the mediocre 8th seed everyone hoped for this would still be true.

8th seed is still within reach guys, just gotta play with heart, hustle, pride and win the games we should win against crappy teams that have records like 12-20 or something similar. Those are the games we must get against mediocre teams.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
**** the playoffs. We are 12 and 20 and just lost to a TWO WIN TEAM. I'm so sick of people "hoping" for the ****ing playoffs

If you're sick of the playoff talk, you'd better pucker up because, as bas as we've been, nobody else has separated from the pack, either. We keep losing, and losing, and losing, but so does everybody else.

Bricklayer

Of course you hope for them. But part fo that is obviously we will have to play a lot better than this to make it.

And the Sixers really aren't a 2/3 win team now. That was the trap I was talking about pre-game. They had a shakeup, and all of a sudden its ok for them to hustle and play hard. They nearly had a 3-game sweep on the home floors of 3 of the #8 "contenders" out here, but Utah snuck one out. A month ago, as fugly as we were, we probably still win this one because Philly truly was a 0/1 win team not even trying.

The joke is that is what is so miserable is that the #8 spot is STILL right there for the taking. Everybody is long. Nobody has moved more than 2 up on us. Its as pathetic a "race" as we've seen for a spot in some time. All it takes is some team, ANY team, to just step forward, just a little. Just a tiny bit.

If somebody were running away with things what to do here would be more obvious. But there's a carrot dangling right in our faces, and we're too uncoordinated to take it.
What do you think the problem is with this Kings' team? It's like they don't even want the 8th seed, which has been given to them on a silver platter.

Karl hasn't been an amazing coach, but the players look like they could give less craps about the game.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your attention was wandering so much you didn't realize their pre-Warrior lackluster effort was against the Trailblazers.
Indeed. I think I was still just frustrated by last Monday's game where Boogie and company made Gortat look like Blake Griffin.

Preseason I thought the Kings would easily be better than the Mavericks, Blazers, Nuggets and Suns.

On paper they definitely have more talent. But only on paper.

Talent without effort and cohesion just means frustrating losses.

P.S.

I don't want to do it, but you can certainly sell people on youth. T-Wolves are doing it, Jazz are doing it. Hell, even the Knicks with Porzingis are doing it. Going into next season with WCS, Ben and a bunch of new shiny young players is something you can market.
I think we may need a reset.

Bricklayer

What do you think the problem is with this Kings' team? It's like they don't even want the 8th seed, which has been given to them on a silver platter.

Karl hasn't been an amazing coach, but the players look like they could give less poopoos about the game.
I truly do not know right now. Its gone teamwide, whatever it is. And often that gets attributed to quitting on the coach. I don't know if that is the right diagnosis here, but for some reason the team is completely unable to elevate or get a teamwide effort.

8th seed is still within reach guys, just gotta play with heart, hustle, pride and win the games we should win against crappy teams that have records like 12-20 or something similar. Those are the games we must get against mediocre teams.
We are a mediocre team.

Actually, wait. That's too much of a compliment.

We're a bad team.

The talent on this team is good enough to make the play offs in the West. They just need a coach who can use them to the best of their ability and implement a vision that players buy into. I have no doubt that someone like Malone would be doing a great job with this roster and we would already be one of the top team s in the West given how wide open and crappy the West has been this season.

Right coach would do wonders with this team. Finding the right coach will be a massive challenge mid-season.
They're good enough to be sacrificial lambs for GS maybe. Not sure where that gets you. Mediocrity with veteran talent and few assets just puts you in Nets territory. A team going nowhere who's terrible ownership sold out to win now with no real plan.

Bricklayer

P.S.

I think that's fans' thinking again. Not likely to be Vlade's.

But I think you have to look at guys who were holdovers for Vlade -- Karl, Collison, McLemore, Gay -- and wonder a bit.

They're good enough to be sacrificial lambs for GS maybe. Not sure where that gets you. Mediocrity with veteran talent and few assets just puts you in Nets territory. A team going nowhere who's terrible ownership sold out to win now with no real plan.
Wait. Did you as a Kings fan just criticize our fearless leader and perfect GM, Vlade Divac? Cmon man, he was apart of those teams that almost won a title!

Bricklayer

That's fine for us. If we could get there. It would get a 500lb gorilla off our backs, and make us a more realistic destination for free agents or coaches.

Why are you so obsessed with this magical 8th spot? Even IF we somehow pull our heads out of our asses and get the 8th spot, we are going to get annihilated by the Warriors. We aren't even close to being ready to complete in the playoffs. We have major problems that need to be addressed.