[Game] Kings @ Heat - 11/19/15 - 4:30 PST, 7:30 EST

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I was looking forward to this game for the chance to see Cousins school Whiteside. I haven't seen any announcement by the NBA yet, though, so I guess there's still reason to hope.

GO KINGS!

Since when did the NBA become such a pansy league? If these same league representatives had the power that they have now back during the 90's half of the league would be suspended for every game.

No Cousins means an automatic loss for this club. There are glaring weaknesses of this team so very apparent yet we are only 12 games into the season, and the disappointment is hard to bear. There is enough talent on this basketball team to be able to win with or without Cousins, but something is just not right. I cannot put my finger on it, but something is just not clicking as we all thought it would. Even with Cousins, this team plays abundantly below its potential.

No Cousins means an automatic loss for this club. There are glaring weaknesses of this team so very apparent yet we are only 12 games into the season, and the disappointment is hard to bear. There is enough talent on this basketball team to be able to win with or without Cousins, but something is just not right. I cannot put my finger on it, but something is just not clicking as we all thought it would. Even with Cousins, this team plays abundantly below its potential.
It's coaching. There is no other excuse. Sometimes the players aren't getting the job done but they are not being used properly.

So lame. If they had these rules back when Shaq played he'd have played in all of 50 games in a given season. Cuz still needs to control that anger though.

The elbow by Marvin Williams was premeditated and fairly vicious. The elbow by Cousins was spontaneous and retaliatory to being shoved. One gets 15 K fine and one gets a one game suspension. SMH @ double standard.

At least WCS will get to play tonight. o_O
To be honest if you look at both videos, the Cousins elbow looked much more intentional (it's pretty clear it was on purpose)...

Also the fact that Williams got ejected right away was probably one of the reasons he wasn't suspended, in a sense he already "served" his suspension.

K

KingMilz

To be honest if you look at both videos, the Cousins elbow looked much more intentional (it's pretty clear it was on purpose)...

Also the fact that Williams got ejected right away was probably one of the reasons he wasn't suspended, in a sense he already "served" his suspension.
Jeff Teague hit a guy in the face twice while the other guy had his back to him, that is about as cowardly as it gets. While what Cousins did was beyond dumb the impact was no where near what Teague did and it was not a combo either. While Cousins elbow was intentional the impact simply does not warrant a suspension. The one he did to Vince Carter (playing for Mavs) two years ago warranted a suspension and he didn't get it maybe the NBA had enough. I would prefer if the NBA was consistent and if things were judged based on impact rather than intent.

Cousins put himself in a position he should not have and the Kings are going to pay the price.

gunks

Hall of Famer
L.

As much as I want to see a bunch of horrible Rudy isos, and as keen as I am to watch Hassan destroy us, and as thrilled as I would be to observe another night of 6+ TOs from Rondo as we desperately try to push the pace to full retard levels (never go full retard)....I think I'm going to pass on watching this one.

L.

As much as I want to see a bunch of horrible Rudy isos, and as keen as I am to watch Hassan destroy us, and as thrilled as I would be to observe another night of 6+ TOs from Rondo as we desperately try to push the pace to full retard levels (never go full retard)....I think I'm going to pass on watching this one.
Same here. I'll get some HW done instead. Prove me wrong Kings.

Jeff Teague hit a guy in the face twice while the other guy had his back to him, that is about as cowardly as it gets. While what Cousins did was beyond dumb the impact was no where near what Teague did and it was not a combo either. While Cousins elbow was intentional the impact simply does not warrant a suspension. The one he did to Vince Carter (playing for Mavs) two years ago warranted a suspension and he didn't get it maybe the NBA had enough. I would prefer if the NBA was consistent and if things were judged based on impact rather than intent.

Cousins put himself in a position he should not have and the Kings are going to pay the price.
The league should have suspended Teague (and the more annoying part is that they reviewed it and only gave him a flagrant 2).

I couldn't disagree with you more about the impact/intent part, if someone hits you hard but it's clear he didn't mean it (or that he was irresponsible)- I see no reason to punish him. and if someone throws a punch and misses he should still be punished.

Hopefully this is a wake-up call for Cousins and his immature behavior. Love his game, but I can't support such behavior and those of you that do are making excuses for him. He swung his elbow at a player and there are several camera angles that show it.

If Cousins can get his behavior to match his production on the court, we are going to the playoffs. Until then, he's liable for outbursts like this and we as a team suffer because of it. Grow up already and just play the damn game.

My prediction of 0-3 on this road trip still stands, unfortunately. Looks like 0-2 after tonight. I don't feel like watching Rudy Gay pretend he's good enough to be a number one option tonight, but I shall remain hopeful we don't completely embarrass ourselves.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Sean Cunningham ‏@SeanCunningham 11m11 minutes ago
Kings without the service of DeMarcus Cousins tonight in Miami. SAC is 0-4 this season without him, 11-37 in career http://www.abc10.com/story/sports/2015/11/19/sacramento-kings-demarcus-cousins-suspended-one-game-atlanta-hawks/76063496/…

I'm not going to make any further comment for the simple reason I think all KF regulars know where each other stand on the whole Cousins issue. I'm just going to root for the guys in uniform on the court tonight and hope they can get the job done.

Oh, and one more thing -

George Karl? In the name of whatever deity or deities in which you may believe, PLAY WILLIE CAULEY-STEIN!! Thank you.

I don't like saying it, but I think it's Rudy. Not sure if he's got enough of the "intangibles", such as "grit". As well as rarely passing to an open player who has a hot hand. Just one time, i'd like to see him show interest in getting one of our "other options" going.

The put his head down and drive into a crowd thing when there's guys open,... that he keeps doing, is hurting the team

I don't like saying it, but I think it's Rudy. Not sure if he's got enough of the "intangibles", such as "grit". As well as rarely passing to an open player who has a hot hand. Just one time, i'd like to see him show interest in getting one of our "other options" going.

The put his head down and drive into a crowd thing when there's guys open,... that he keeps doing, is hurting the team
I understnd the frustration, there. Rudy has not played well on a consistent basis. When Rudy is playing well, this team plays with an extra strep, seemingly contagiously. I do not think that Rudy Gay is the problem with this team right now. It is something else.

I understnd the frustration, there. Rudy has not played well on a consistent basis. When Rudy is playing well, this team plays with an extra strep, seemingly contagiously. I do not think that Rudy Gay is the problem with this team right now. It is something else.
I question whether his style of play is valuable for a playoff contender...and then actually in the playoffs. He certainly has very good talent. Wish he would find new ways to use it

K

KingMilz

I question whether his style of play is valuable for a playoff contender...and then actually in the playoffs. He certainly has very good talent. Wish he would find new ways to use it
It's 'really not when you consider the Grizzlies could only advance without him and lost to basically the same Clippers team they beat the year after with past prime Prince instead.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

I don't think it's Rudy so much as it's something in the air at times that just sucks the enthusiasm and focus out of our players. Someone mentioned somewhere today (I've read way too many different things to remember where) that it seemed like Boogie was off from the very beginning. And, I've noticed more than once that if Boogie is off, then Rudy seems to try harder to fill the gap. And, when that happens, the malaise spreads to Omri and some of the others.

On the other hand, when they all click, it's just magical. I live for those days of magic and wish I could sleep through the other ones. Unfortunately, I'm afraid tonight could be one of those other ones, but I'd love to see everybody step up and blow the Heat off the court.

GO KINGS!

Hopefully this is a wake-up call for Cousins and his immature behavior. Love his game, but I can't support such behavior and those of you that do are making excuses for him. He swung his elbow at a player and there are several camera angles that show it.

If Cousins can get his behavior to match his production on the court, we are going to the playoffs. Until then, he's liable for outbursts like this and we as a team suffer because of it. Grow up already and just play the damn game.

My prediction of 0-3 on this road trip still stands, unfortunately. Looks like 0-2 after tonight. I don't feel like watching Rudy Gay pretend he's good enough to be a number one option tonight, but I shall remain hopeful we don't completely embarrass ourselves.
0-3 on a five game trip?