Get Cousins, Rudy & Ben to the NYC All Star Game

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There's a theory floating around that the coaches refused to vote Boogie in because of how the front office treated Malone. Kind of a solidarity thing, I guess. I can actually understand that but I cannot understand how they would justify the damage this does to Cousins

This sucks, royally sucks.

If Cousins gets in on the injury slot, I hope his fellow West players come together and help him send a message to the NBA that cannot be ignored. I think it would be the ultimate FU if DMC gets there and gets the MVP. He deserves the chance to prove himself and once there I don't think they'd be able to stop him.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
What if he was on the Warriors with the splash brothers? :eek:
No, too icky. Stupid Warriors owner chases/sells the Kings greatest asset to his former team?

No, you NorCal folks gotta do what you do, but the Warriors are officially bad guys. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts their butthead coach didn't vote for Boogie for this honor either. Short of the Lakers, there's nobody I would like to see him go to less. Maybe that ****er Cuban, or Ballmer for his attempt to steal the team.

If he's gotta go, send him to Miami. I think Miami is a disgusting place, but while Vivek may think he's some sort of genius, Pat Riley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> smarter than anybody in this organization when it comes to building around a franchise big.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I'm fine with Duncan being there. He's been the best Spurs player with some pretty good defensive ratings and whatnot and they're 30-17. Durant has only played 21 games and OKC is 23-23. Either Paul or Durant shouldn't be in there.
Duncan is NOT an All Star. No. Enough already. He plays on a good team. Congratu****ulations.

you know what Tim Duncan's +/- is this year per 100 possesions? +0.6pts. That's how enormous an impact he's had on/off.

People gameplan almost entirely around DeMarcus Cousins. Once upon a time they did for Duncan. That time was long ago. 14.7pts 10.1reb = bullcrap. not in this Conference, not now./

There's a theory floating around that the coaches refused to vote Boogie in because of how the front office treated Malone. Kind of a solidarity thing, I guess. I can actually understand that but I cannot understand how they would justify the damage this does to Cousins

This sucks, royally sucks.

If Cousins gets in on the injury slot, I hope his fellow West players come together and help him send a message to the NBA that cannot be ignored. I think it would be the ultimate FU if DMC gets there and gets the MVP. He deserves the chance to prove himself and once there I don't think they'd be able to stop him.
Where's this coming from

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
i'd like to think they drove the car by a moving train and ripped the conductor out the window and derailed the train first.....

sidenote: if these turds like surfing so much i wish they would go surf in a freakin typhoon
And that train was also carrying several dozen active nuclear warheads, resulting in a massive blast that obliterated half of the United States.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Sure is nice of those jackasses not to put out a simple tweet in support of Boogie Cousins this evening.....

"we got your back big man"
"this is a disgrace, Boogie deserved this"

something like that. but nah, silence. they probably don't even know yet. off playing cricket or something
Well, at the very least Chris Granger seems to at least give a ****.
Chris Granger ‏@cgkings
3h3 hours ago
#VoteCousins

Duncan is NOT an All Star. No. Enough already. He plays on a good team. Congratu****ulations.

you know what Tim Duncan's +/- is this year per 100 possesions? +0.6pts. That's how enormous an impact he's had on/off.

People gameplan almost entirely around DeMarcus Cousins. Once upon a time they did for Duncan. That time was long ago. 14.7pts 10.1reb = bullpoopoo. not in this Conference, not now./
I'm not saying Cousins shouldn't be in - I'm saying one of the others shouldn't. The Spurs deserve one all star.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
However, I feel that the NBA is essentially beneath me. It has become so petty. I don't know the reason DMC was left off the all-star squad, but it is not basketball related.
I've got to agree with this. It's incredibly petty, whatever the justification might be. The same BS excuses were used for keeping him off the All Star team last year and for not voting him to any of three All-NBA teams. He's not only an All Star this season, he's easily a top 10 player in the NBA. If the starting spots were actually merit based, he would be a starter. To not even pick him as a reserve for ANY reason -- team record, missing 11 games due to injury, seniority, perceived attitude issues, whatever -- is inexcusable. Nobody on that reserve list deserves the spot more than Cousins. Do you think Duncan cares about making another All-Star game at this point? Of course not. He's probably going to play 5 minutes off the bench and then call his own number. Durant missed 25 games (and counting). Westbrook missed 14. Klay Thompson is having a break-out year but you know what? Cousins' year last year was better than Klay's this year and he got the "better luck next year, young pup" treatment so maybe Thompson should wait in line. Harden is an overrated chucker who only plays one end of the floor. I wouldn't want that guy on my team, even if he is leading the league in scoring.

The sad thing is, I get the feeling our front office and coaching staff is just as clueless about all of this as the rest of them. I'd like to think a group of people who's professional lives revolve around the game of basketball would have a little more respect for the game of basketball. Enough to let on-the-court play dictate All-Star spots instead of petty group-think politics and marketing demographics.

i know the instinct around these parts is to blame the nba, and while i'm in complete agreement that demarcus cousins should be an all-star this season without question and regardless of context, all i really want to say is this: the kings' brass should be f***ing ashamed of themselves. they torpedoed their own team's chance at a season of legitimate improvement, and they undermined their own superstar's chance at his first all-star appearance. and for what? for ego? for pace? for the great savior of yet another lottery pick? whatever the reason, there is no worthy justification for this mess. if demarcus were to demand a trade tomorrow, i'd offer to help him pack his bags. his growth, commitment, and loyalty are worth so much more than this franchise will ever be able to give him in return...

It's rather hard for me to elucidate my feelings at this point.

I DO know this:
* There is zero justifiable basketball reason to snub Boogie. AFAIK noone in the history of the NBA has ever had his stats and not made an All-Star team.

* Unless the Kings management makes an incredibly loud and public protest/fuss, it is quite clear to me that they do not want Demarcus as a King and are actively behind the scenes making his life hell enough that he will push for a trade.
Yes, this would give them less trade value - I don;t think they care anymore.
If this is the situation, I believe Vivek thinks it's either him (and his entire 3.0 vision and style) or Demarcus - one of them has to go, and he can't get away with trading DMC unless DMC gets disgruntled and "forces the team to trade him".

Buckle up, Kings fans - if the organization does not SERIOUSLY launch a very loud campaign against this historic, unprecedented All-Star snub, it's going to get much worse before the year is out.

Oh, and for the record - if I was Demarcus (and my mentality is pretty close to his), I would seriously, and knowingly, refuse the "honor" of being an All-Star sub for Kobe if Silver announces him tomorrow.
I wouldn't care what people say, and wouldn't care what the perception would be - they have made it clear that they hate him anyway - there's little to lose at this point.
If he's not good enough to be an All-Star straight-out, then **** them.

K

KingMilz

Wow how on earth did Tim Duncan get in over Monta Ellis (since both teams are winning)?

Shocked Lillard didn't make it either

Oh, and for the record - if I was Demarcus (and my mentality is pretty close to his), I would seriously, and knowingly, refuse the "honor" of being an All-Star sub for Kobe if Silver announces him tomorrow.
I wouldn't care what people say, and wouldn't care what the perception would be.
well the one positive is nobody would look down on him as "just a replacement" since pretty much everyone in the NBA world and even fans of all NBA teams think Cousins got screwed bad.

even Spurs fans are saying Cousins should have made it even if it meant Duncan doesn't

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I wouldn't care what people say, and wouldn't care what the perception would be - they have made it clear that they hate him anyway - there's little to lose at this point.
That would be galactically stupid, and self-defeating. And, as has been pointed out, taking money out of his own pocket, considering that there are contract provisos for bonuses when one makes an All-Star team. "Refuse the honor"? Way to ensure that you never, ever make an All-Star team in your career, unless the fans vote you in.

K

KingMilz

Seeing as they are basically only selecting guys from winning teams (and rightfully so) I don't thin DMC will have to worry about that I will be shocked if he beats out Lillard/Monta/Conley.

Seeing as they are basically only selecting guys from winning teams (and rightfully so) I don't thin DMC will have to worry about that I will be shocked if he beats out Lillard/Monta/Conley.
BS rightfully so. A lot of guys from losing teams have been select before (many who weren't putting up Cuz #). And the winning thing misses so much context that shouldn't have a bearing on a game recognizing the best individual talents.