2015 Draft Prospects:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
WCS will still be top-10 pick then. I believe, it's not worth the time to look at top-10 guys this year anyway. Pick will go to the Bulls, and I don't think anyone will be willing to trade a mid-teens pick this summer for Kings future pick. Might be worth exploring trading the rest of protection for something though.
Well it probably depends on what were willing to offer for a high pick. Never say never. However, at the moment, it doesn't look like we'll be in a position to draft anyone. We, in all likelyhood won't have a first round pick, and we don't have a second round pick. Its more probable that we'll be able to pick up a second round pick.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
RHJ: https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/55...p4?versionId=2WE01OmjGNUBe_8oWImB6pYpHHUz9_ls
Also Tyus Jones with ridiculous 5.3 apg/1TOpg ratio and .835TS%, picking his moments to score from everywhere on the floor. I don't care, that they played cupcakes and average Michigan State, that's absolutely amazing!!!
I agree! So far he's been as advertised. He and Mudiay are the only PG's that appear to be first round picks at this point. What I love about Jones is that he just goes about his business and quietly does his job. He gets his points, but you don't remember him scoring. My favorite kind of player. It's still early, so lets see where we are a month from now. I've also been impressed with Kentucky's Tyler Ulis. Most 5'9"PG's have a chip on their shoulder, and generally are score first PG's. Ulis is the opposite. He's terrific at getting into the key and dishing the ball somewhere. He appears to have great court vision, and awareness of of his teammates. I'm not usually a fan of undersized PG's, but so far, he's made me a fan.

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Devin Booker: 6'6.5" in shoes, 210 Lbs, 6'6.5" wingspan. Kentucky

Whereas I brought up Booker on another thread, I thought it was appropriate to do a little write up about him. He was a borderline highschool superstar because of his shooting ability, and so far, he's continued to shoot the ball very well in college shooting 48.1% overall and 45.8% from the three. His father, Melvin Booker had a brief NBA career playing two years for three different teams including the Warriors. Devin is a good athlete, but he won't blow your mind with his explosiveness. He's a decent to good ballhandler, who could stand to improve. At the college level, he's able to get to the basket, and absorbs contact fairly well. But added muscle would help. What he can do well, is shoot the ball. Once again, he's very good off the dribble, or coming off screens. He's an excellent spot up shooter. He has a very quick release and good form on his shot.

Defensively he's been better than I expected. He appears to have good lateral quickness and for the most part does a decent job of staying in front of his man. Kentucky plays mostly man to man defense. Of course having Cauley-Stein or Dakari Johnson behind you certainly helps your confidence, and encourages a more aggressive approach. Here's a little video of his highlights. Take note at about the 2:40 mark. He plays a little game of one on one with Iggy.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
considering how much size Kentucky has it would be a damn shame if the Kings can't somehow sway a trade to get one of them since we are lacking shotblocking

Haven't seen him mentioned, but Robert Upshaw, sophomore from Washington, who missed last season due to a transfer, so he's essentially a junior, is someone to keep an eye on. 7-footer with 7'4" wingspan, leading NCAA shotblocker (in Blk%), but is also getting more than 20 rebounds per 100 possessions. FT% of .467 looks pretty bad, but this guy also shoots .420 on his mid-range jumpers, so he obviously got touch, plus any 7-footer, who plays defense and can do the move at 1:20, no matter the size of opponent,
deserves a thorough look.
P.S. Washington played very weak schedule so far, so would be interesting, how he responds to facing bigger-sized players of PAC-12.
P.S.2 He could definitely use NBA training program to strengthen his base, which would make him look even more impressive defensively, but Upshaw certainly has length and timing.

Haven't seen him mentioned, but Robert Upshaw, sophomore from Washington, who missed last season due to a transfer, so he's essentially a junior, is someone to keep an eye on. 7-footer with 7'4" wingspan, leading NCAA shotblocker (in Blk%), but is also getting more than 20 rebounds per 100 possessions. FT% of .467 looks pretty bad, but this guy also shoots .420 on his mid-range jumpers, so he obviously got touch, plus any 7-footer, who plays defense and can do the move at 1:20, no matter the size of opponent,
deserves a thorough look.
P.S. Washington played very weak schedule so far, so would be interesting, how he responds to facing bigger-sized players of PAC-12.
P.S.2 He could definitely use NBA training program to strengthen his base, which would make him look even more impressive defensively, but Upshaw certainly has length and timing.
This is a sh*tty year to not have a draft pick. Talent is all over the place no matter where you draft.

I really like Robert Upshaw. He's great coming off the bench for Washington. I think his offense needs work, but his defense is outstanding. It would not be surprsing to see his stock zoom up if he continues to perform the way he has.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Upshaw got my interest a bit at Fresno St. He doesn't even look like the same player now. I think one of the reasons is that he's in much better condition now, but still has room to improve in that area. He's a player that I see as a 2nd round pick, that might over time turn into something. Offensively he needs a lot of work, but from what I've read, seems dedicated to improve. Washington's record is a little misleading. Their pre-conference schedule was very weak and they chalked up a lot of wins. The moment they started conference play they lost their first two games. I want to see Upshaw up against better competition.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
As a follow up to Upshaw. I don't want anyone to think I dislike him. It's just that he had other issues while at Fresno St, and I think it's prudent to take a wait and see attitude with him. I think he can get into even better shape than he is now. He has a lot of upside. Delon Wright and Jerian Grant are both future NBA players. I really, really like Grant. So many players and so few draft picks.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
that rookie out of Ohio State looks impressive...I can't remember his name off the top of my head but he is a point guard I believe.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
that rookie out of Ohio State looks impressive...I can't remember his name off the top of my head but he is a point guard I believe.
I believe your talking about another of my favorites, D'Angelo Russell. Without him this year, Ohio St. isn't the same team. He may be the biggest surprise of all the freshmen. Not quite sure what he is just yet, but he shows PG skills, and I think its fair to project him at that position at the next level. What's sort of scary is that if you watch him enough you realize he's still raw in many areas, and will only get better.

Russell takes many ill-advised shots off the dribble, but if you see past it, he's shooting .638 at the rim and .462 from beyond the arc. He's a good passer with good vision. He doesn't know, how to be a PG though: he has a mentality of a scorer, who can share the ball. Doesn't look engaged on D, which might be coach's order, but he doesn't have exceptional length of quicks anyway.

Russell takes many ill-advised shots off the dribble, but if you see past it, he's shooting .638 at the rim and .462 from beyond the arc. He's a good passer with good vision. He doesn't know, how to be a PG though: he has a mentality of a scorer, who can share the ball. Doesn't look engaged on D, which might be coach's order, but he doesn't have exceptional length of quicks anyway.
I think the PG position is slowly changing. Combo guards are now dominating in the PG position.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
What are Travis Trice's chances of making the pros? he seems like a knockdown shooter and a willing defender...maybe he's another Gary Harris?

Trice is really bad around the hoop, and that usually means a firm "No!". Plus willing defender with average tools doesn't mean much at the next level. Was surprised looking at his assist numbers, because in a couple of games I watched this year he didn't caught my eyes, other than his long-range bombs. Valentine was providing most of the creativity.

Harrison twins are garbage. My bet that they won't get drafted this year and will probably stay until their junior year. If "role player potential" is listed as one of your strengths on Draftexpress, I think it means you suck. No clue on why any team would draft a role player in college to be a role player in the NBA. Most of the role players in the NBA today were dominant college players.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I was never too fond of the Harrison twins, they are being masked in my opinion to look better than they actually are. Poythress is the real deal, it's a shame he is out for the year. He will be an exceptional defender in the pros, his offense will come along I'm sure with the proper time put in.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I think the PG position is slowly changing. Combo guards are now dominating in the PG position.
It may be the current trend, but if another Stockton or Nash shows up, they'll have plenty of buyers. I do think there's a trend toward taller PG's, but at the moment there just seems to be a lack of the so called pass first PG. Most of them are long in tooth, like Nash or Calderon. I do like Laswon who is very unselfish with the ball.
Harrison twins are garbage. My bet that they won't get drafted this year and will probably stay until their junior year. If "role player potential" is listed as one of your strengths on Draftexpress, I think it means you suck. No clue on why any team would draft a role player in college to be a role player in the NBA. Most of the role players in the NBA today were dominant college players.
I'm really trying hard not to bump heads with you, but I have a serious problem when someone calls another human being garbage. You don't like them, I get that. To be honest, neither of the Harrison twins are at the top of my wish list, but their not garbage! I think both will find their way into the NBA, probably as second round picks. As for why any team would draft a player with the idea of his being a role player, it depends on where your picking. If you can get someone at the bottom of the first round, or in the second round that becomes a solid role player off the bench, I think most teams would be happy with that. If you end up with a starter, so much the better. It also depends on the quality and depth of the draft. And it depends on the team that drafts you and who on that team already holds down the position you play.

It may be the current trend, but if another Stockton or Nash shows up, they'll have plenty of buyers. I do think there's a trend toward taller PG's, but at the moment there just seems to be a lack of the so called pass first PG. Most of them are long in tooth, like Nash or Calderon. I do like Laswon who is very unselfish with the ball.

I'm really trying hard not to bump heads with you, but I have a serious problem when someone calls another human being garbage. You don't like them, I get that. To be honest, neither of the Harrison twins are at the top of my wish list, but their not garbage! I think both will find their way into the NBA, probably as second round picks. As for why any team would draft a player with the idea of his being a role player, it depends on where your picking. If you can get someone at the bottom of the first round, or in the second round that becomes a solid role player off the bench, I think most teams would be happy with that. If you end up with a starter, so much the better. It also depends on the quality and depth of the draft. And it depends on the team that drafts you and who on that team already holds down the position you play.
A lot of the current pass first PGs in the NCAA are poor scorers who depend on their passing skills. The best PG in NCAA right now is Jerian Grant. I think he's a past first PG who will take score if shot creation for others isn't there.

Who's your favorite PG in this draft aside from Muiday?

Calling someone "garbage" should never be taken in a literal sense, nor serious. It is an insult yes, but not a comparison. I'm sure there is moderation on this site, and I will use better choices of words. Why do you think they will find their way into the NBA? Especially Aaron Harrison?
Playing for Cal's system should not have anything to do with their system. They've been poor players that surround good players. In limited opportunities, Devin Booker is looking much better than both twins.
Role players are made up of good college players who've had high ceilings.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
A lot of the current pass first PGs in the NCAA are poor scorers who depend on their passing skills. The best PG in NCAA right now is Jerian Grant. I think he's a past first PG who will take score if shot creation for others isn't there.

Who's your favorite PG in this draft aside from Muiday?

Calling someone "garbage" should never be taken in a literal sense, nor serious. It is an insult yes, but not a comparison. I'm sure there is moderation on this site, and I will use better choices of words. Why do you think they will find their way into the NBA? Especially Aaron Harrison?
Playing for Cal's system should not have anything to do with their system. They've been poor players that surround good players. In limited opportunities, Devin Booker is looking much better than both twins.
Role players are made up of good college players who've had high ceilings.
In general I agree with you on role players. Most are players that had higher expectations attached to them that were never met. But they do come from many places. There are role players that were never drafted. Some had to play in the now defunct CBA or in europe for a few years before getting their shot. I will agree that most players in the NBA were the best players on their highschool team. But not necessarily their college team. There are late bloomers who came to basketball late in the game, and it took them a while to get up to speed. Look, I hate generalizations. I like to take every individual as just that, an individual. I don't like lumping people into groups, whether its sports or politics.

First the Harrisons. The reason I think both will eventually end up in the NBA is because of their size, athleticism, and skill level. Now we can argue over the results so far, but you have to take everything into consideration. If you saw either of them play in highschool, both were dominate players, but the style of game they played was entirely different from what their being asked to play now under Calapari. If you watched Cousins in his one year at Kentucky, you would have had little idea that he had a good jumpshot. or that he could handle the ball as well as he can. Calapari has a very disciplined system that many times hides some of the skills his players possess. It's his way or the highway. Of the two twins, I think Andrew has the best chance. He's an excellent ballhandler, and much better than his brother in that regard. He's also a very good attacker of the basket when given the green light to do so. Coming out of highschool, Andrew was considered the best highschool PG in the country. He didn't suddenly lose all his abilities.

As an example of what I'm talking about, if you had watched Kevin Johnson play at Cal, you would have never know how good he could be, unless you watched him play almost every game, which I did. He was forced to play in a very restrictive, walk the ball up the court and run the entire clock system. But every once in a while, Kevin would just throw everything to the wind, and just explode. And immediately be benched and lectured. But it was there! You just had to be watching when it happened.

As to my favorite PG out of the current crop? Aside from Muiday. I'm still in the deciding mode, but there are several that I like. My top choice right now comes down to two players. Tyrus Jones and Jerian Grant. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. So it might come down to what your looking for. Obviously Grant has the size to match up with the taller PG's in the league, whereas Jones is the better overall offensive player when you take three point shooting into consideration. I watch Grant play, and I'm sold on him until I watch Jones play. So I'm torn between the two.

After those two, there are several that I like, and in no particular order they are. Delon Wright of Utah, Shannon Scott of Ohio St., Cody Doolin of UNLV, who doesn't get a lot of press and D'Angelo Russell, another Ohio St. player who may be a combo guard, but who I think can play the point. It might take him a couple of years, but he has all the tools. Another kid I like is Keifer Sykes of Wisconsin Green Bay. In general I'm not a fan of undersized PG's unless their highly skilled, and outstanding athletes, which can help make up of their lack of size. Sykes falls into that category.

The trend in the NBA seems to be leaning toward taller PG's, and lets be honest, a taller PG makes you less vulnerable to poor team defense. A good zone defense works better with a 6'5" PG than it does with a 5'11" PG. It's much easier to fight through a screen if your 6'5" and weigh 215 pounds than if your 5'10" and weigh 170 pounds. Collison for example is a pretty good defender, but effort aside, mostly because he's a terrific athlete. In most cases he's quick enough to go under screens and still contest the shot, or keep the opposing PG out of the paint. So my point is, that if I have to choose between a 6'5" PG and a 6'0" or less PG, and both are fairly equal skill wise, I'm going with the taller of the two.

Now that's a simplistic statement, and lot more goes into making a decision than just that. But it's certainly part of the equation. Anyway, I've probably said more than needed, so I'll shut up at this point. Those that know me, know that I can talk all day long about prospects. Cruzdude has told me to shut up on more than one occasion. Not on the forum of course, but when we all get together at summer league and/or march maddness....

Last edited:
In general I agree with you on role players. Most are players that had higher expectations attached to them that were never met. But they do come from many places. There are role players that were never drafted. Some had to play in the now defunct CBA or in europe for a few years before getting their shot. I will agree that most players in the NBA were the best players on their highschool team. But not necessarily their college team. There are late bloomers who came to basketball late in the game, and it took them a while to get up to speed. Look, I hate generalizations. I like to take every individual as just that, an individual. I don't like lumping people into groups, whether its sports or politics.

First the Harrisons. The reason I think both will eventually end up in the NBA is because of their size, athleticism, and skill level. Now we can argue over the results so far, but you have to take everything into consideration. If you saw either of them play in highschool, both were dominate players, but the style of game they played was entirely different from what their being asked to play now under Calapari. If you watched Cousins in his one year at Kentucky, you would have had little idea that he had a good jumpshot. or that he could handle the ball as well as he can. Calapari has a very disciplined system that many times hides some of the skills his players possess. It's his way or the highway. Of the two twins, I think Andrew has the best chance. He's an excellent ballhandler, and much better than his brother in that regard. He's also a very good attacker of the basket when given the green light to do so. Coming out of highschool, Andrew was considered the best highschool PG in the country. He didn't suddenly lose all his abilities.

As an example of what I'm talking about, if you had watched Kevin Johnson play at Cal, you would have never know how good he could be, unless you watched him play almost every game, which I did. He was forced to play in a very restrictive, walk the ball up the court and run the entire clock system. But every once in a while, Kevin would just throw everything to the wind, and just explode. And immediately be benched and lectured. But it was there! You just had to be watching when it happened.

As to my favorite PG out of the current crop? Aside from Muiday. I'm still in the deciding mode, but there are several that I like. My top choice right now comes down to two players. Tyrus Jones and Jerian Grant. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. So it might come down to what your looking for. Obviously Grant has the size to match up with the taller PG's in the league, whereas Jones is the better overall offensive player when you take three point shooting into consideration. I watch Grant play, and I'm sold on him until I watch Jones play. So I'm torn between the two.

After those two, there are several that I like, and in no particular order they are. Delon Wright of Utah, Shannon Scott of Ohio St., Cody Doolin of UNLV, who doesn't get a lot of press and D'Angelo Russell, another Ohio St. player who may be a combo guard, but who I think can play the point. It might take him a couple of years, but he has all the tools. Another kid I like is Keifer Sykes of Wisconsin Green Bay. In general I'm not a fan of undersized PG's unless their highly skilled, and outstanding athletes, which can help make up of their lack of size. Sykes falls into that category.

The trend in the NBA seems to be leaning toward taller PG's, and lets be honest, a taller PG makes you less vulnerable to poor team defense. A good zone defense works better with a 6'5" PG than it does with a 5'11" PG. It's much easier to fight through a screen if your 6'5" and weigh 215 pounds than if your 5'10" and weigh 170 pounds. Collison for example is a pretty good defender, but effort aside, mostly because he's a terrific athlete. In most cases he's quick enough to go under screens and still contest the shot, or keep the opposing PG out of the paint. So my point is, that if I have to choose between a 6'5" PG and a 6'0" or less PG, and both are fairly equal skill wise, I'm going with the taller of the two.

Now that's a simplistic statement, and lot more goes into making a decision than just that. But it's certainly part of the equation. Anyway, I've probably said more than needed, so I'll shut up at this point. Those that know me, know that I can talk all day long about prospects. Cruzdude has told me to shut up on more than one occasion. Not on the forum of course, but when we all get together at summer league and/or march maddness....
I believe Andrew has the most potential as an NBA player because of how well he can handle the ball and his size. I agree with you about Cal's system, but those are the traits that NBA teams look for. They've struggled under Cal's system which should be a bad sign. I believe that the twins have tried to play off of their atheltism a lot because of how much they've dominated against others in HS. However, in college, they can't rely on their athleticism because compared to everyone else, they're average.

I do think that they can both find a minor role in an NBA team based on the fact that they were high HS recruits AND that they played under Coach Cal. If the draft did not have the age limit and other factors, the Harrison twins would've gone in the top 20 if they were eligible right out of HS.

The NBA is definitely leaning towards taller PGs. 6'1 is now being considered short for a PG. The PG position is starting to dominate. Tyus Jones is a college player who I think can be much better in the NBA.

If the Kings had a 1st rounder this year and all of the top PF/Cs were taken, I'd focus on a PG.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I believe Andrew has the most potential as an NBA player because of how well he can handle the ball and his size. I agree with you about Cal's system, but those are the traits that NBA teams look for. They've struggled under Cal's system which should be a bad sign. I believe that the twins have tried to play off of their atheltism a lot because of how much they've dominated against others in HS. However, in college, they can't rely on their athleticism because compared to everyone else, they're average.

I do think that they can both find a minor role in an NBA team based on the fact that they were high HS recruits AND that they played under Coach Cal. If the draft did not have the age limit and other factors, the Harrison twins would've gone in the top 20 if they were eligible right out of HS.

The NBA is definitely leaning towards taller PGs. 6'1 is now being considered short for a PG. The PG position is starting to dominate. Tyus Jones is a college player who I think can be much better in the NBA.

If the Kings had a 1st rounder this year and all of the top PF/Cs were taken, I'd focus on a PG.
First, I'd tie up Collison with an extension. That done, I don't see a great need at the PG position that couldn't be filled through freeagency. I guess what I'm saying is that while a top PG would be a nice addition, I think a backup center, or a PF to play next to Cuz is a higher priority. That said, I wouldn't complain too much if for some reason one of the top three PG's were available when we picked, assuming we have a pick. There should be quite a few rim protectors available in the draft. It may be the best draft in some time, in that regard. It's also a very good draft for SF's. If we retain our draft pick for some reason, there should be a very good player available. Maybe not star material, but someone that fills one of our needs. That role player you were talking about..:D

First, I'd tie up Collison with an extension. That done, I don't see a great need at the PG position that couldn't be filled through freeagency. I guess what I'm saying is that while a top PG would be a nice addition, I think a backup center, or a PF to play next to Cuz is a higher priority. That said, I wouldn't complain too much if for some reason one of the top three PG's were available when we picked, assuming we have a pick. There should be quite a few rim protectors available in the draft. It may be the best draft in some time, in that regard. It's also a very good draft for SF's. If we retain our draft pick for some reason, there should be a very good player available. Maybe not star material, but someone that fills one of our needs. That role player you were talking about..:D
I know I may get some heat for saying this... but if we were to draft 8th overall in this draft, it would've been MUCH better than drafting 8th overall in the last draft. We both know how good this draft can be... shot blockers all across the board that can be had outside the lottery.. not to mention how much we've needed a SF for years, and all of them were picked before we had a chance... now there's 3 quality SFs that won't go in the top 3...(Johnson, Winslow, and Oubre)

This draft is going to be good(assuming a lot of freshmen will declare). We need draft picks... at least a 2nd rounder... I would not mind if we keep our pick this year... Top 10 and you're looking at Stanley Johnson... this season sucks for not having a draft pick.

Curious question, most likely unrealistic.. would you trade Nik Stauskas for a mid-late 1st rounder? I believe SG is the most replaceable position in the NBA...a FA or UFA can replace him.

Robert Upshaw, Frank Kaminsky, Bobby Portis, and Jakob Poeltl are all better names than Nik Stauskas.... Who do you like best out of these?

I left out a few names like Wood, Alexander, and Harrell because I don't think their game fits here. Harrell and Alexander will most likely end up as Cs

Last edited:

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
thoughts on Looney out of UCLA? can his game have an impact in an NBA game? he seems like a slow motion type of player...ala Kyle Anderson but obviously not the same position

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I know I may get some heat for saying this... but if we were to draft 8th overall in this draft, it would've been MUCH better than drafting 8th overall in the last draft. We both know how good this draft can be... shot blockers all across the board that can be had outside the lottery.. not to mention how much we've needed a SF for years, and all of them were picked before we had a chance... now there's 3 quality SFs that won't go in the top 3...(Johnson, Winslow, and Oubre)

This draft is going to be good(assuming a lot of freshmen will declare). We need draft picks... at least a 2nd rounder... I would not mind if we keep our pick this year... Top 10 and you're looking at Stanley Johnson... this season sucks for not having a draft pick.

Curious question, most likely unrealistic.. would you trade Nik Stauskas for a mid-late 1st rounder? I believe SG is the most replaceable position in the NBA...a FA or UFA can replace him.

Robert Upshaw, Frank Kaminsky, Bobby Portis, and Jakob Poeltl are all better names than Nik Stauskas.... Who do you like best out of these?

I left out a few names like Wood, Alexander, and Harrell because I don't think their game fits here. Harrell and Alexander will most likely end up as Cs
First of all, I agree with you on this coming draft. It looks to be a better draft than last year. At least on paper, and to my aging eye's. As to your question, that's a tough one. Contrary to what some on the forum might think, I really like Stauskas and think he'sll be a very good player. So to dodge a bit, I'll say that it would depend on who would be available at that spot I would be trading for, and I wouldn't do the trade until I knew I could get the player I wanted. I think Stauskas is capable of playing some SF and also some PG down the road. He's the kind of player I like. Multi-skilled. Those are the kind of players that win you games. I'd rather not trade him and find another way to acquire a pick. A year ago we could have had Cauley-Stein. Now some are projecting him into the top 6. I still doubt that, but you never know..

bajaden

Hall of Famer
thoughts on Looney out of UCLA? can his game have an impact in an NBA game? he seems like a slow motion type of player...ala Kyle Anderson but obviously not the same position
Looney is a pretty good athlete, and certainly a better athlete than Anderson. However, he needs to put on some muscle and he needs to develop more offensive skills. His post game is very limited, and to be honest, his game away from the basket leaves a lot to be desired. He has wide shoulders, so he should be able to comfortably add some weight. They have him listed at 220 pounds, and I'll eat your hat if he actually weighs that much.He definitely has upside, but he would best served to stay another year in college. Right now his bailywick is defense and rebounding. He plays hard and he's not afraid to bang under the basket.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
First of all, I agree with you on this coming draft. It looks to be a better draft than last year. At least on paper, and to my aging eye's. As to your question, that's a tough one. Contrary to what some on the forum might think, I really like Stauskas and think he'sll be a very good player. So to dodge a bit, I'll say that it would depend on who would be available at that spot I would be trading for, and I wouldn't do the trade until I knew I could get the player I wanted. I think Stauskas is capable of playing some SF and also some PG down the road. He's the kind of player I like. Multi-skilled. Those are the kind of players that win you games. I'd rather not trade him and find another way to acquire a pick. A year ago we could have had Cauley-Stein. Now some are projecting him into the top 6. I still doubt that, but you never know..
I like Stauskas for what I am sure he will bring as a multi-talented guy. I'm with you.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Looney is a pretty good athlete, and certainly a better athlete than Anderson. However, he needs to put on some muscle and he needs to develop more offensive skills. His post game is very limited, and to be honest, his game away from the basket leaves a lot to be desired. He has wide shoulders, so he should be able to comfortably add some weight. They have him listed at 220 pounds, and I'll eat your hat if he actually weighs that much.He definitely has upside, but he would best served to stay another year in college. Right now his bailywick is defense and rebounding. He plays hard and he's not afraid to bang under the basket.
As someone who watches a lot of UCLA games, I agree. Also, as a UCLA fan, I agree that UCLA would be better served if he stayed another year, but that's a different story.