George Karl, Mark Jackson or ??? (merged)

He had the best offensive personelle(sp?) in the NBA by far and away and managed to create a horrible inefficient and stagnant offense. He is a horrific coach that has poor game management and even worse offensive schemes.

Call it a hunch but I have a feeling its true, mark jackson is our new coach. I dont understand what we are doing. Malone was doing his job, we were progressing. I dont see how firing malone and hiring mark jackson will make our progress any faster. Actually it will slow it down considering the time it took for our players to develop a connection and respect for malone. Honestly, i dont think our front office looked at this year as a playoff winning year, if they did then they are Doing a terrible job of it. Well if its true its better then corbin. I wanted malone to stay or karl to replace if needed

Well that is an over-reaction. He's not awful, he's just not better (or that much different) than Malone. This is a buddy hire if true, and it stinks.
His only strength is motivation, and it feels like this roster didn't need much, when previous coach was here, while previous coach was basically behind the foundation of playcalling as an assistant to this potential hire, so my guess would be, he's (much) worse than Malone.

Last edited:

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
this thread is premature...let's hold off a bit shall we?
It is, but Simmons is in LA, as is Mark Jackson, works for ESPN with Jalen and Jackson who were working together earlier, he just met with PDA/Mullin for nearly two hours, and oh btw he's a ex-GS guy.

I think there's a fair amount more to this than just a random rumor. Actually, with Jalen and Jackson working together earlier tonight it makes sense Simmons would be one of the first to know given his relationship and proximity to both.

Would be a little of a dark comedy though with Vivek/PDA talking about culture so much, then firing an upstanding coach for one who likes texting pictures of his johnson.

These guys are so ****ing clueless if they hire Jackson. Firing Malone because of "differing styles" and hiring Jackson just makes them look more incompetent than we already thought.

Jackson over Karl, LMAO

Mark Jackson will probably play ball and kiss Pete's ass and try stupid gimmicks 3.0 JazzBand style. Karl probably would not.

That is all there is to it. It is about Pete D'Alessandro's ego more than anything else.

Why am I not surprised? The meeting they had after the OKC game was a pretty good indicator in which direction this was going....of course they think we're stupid and tried to spin it as a conversation between friends and nothing else

Firing Mike Malone over "differing styles" and then hiring Jackson, when Karl is out there for the taking, is honestly dumber than almost anything the Maloofs have ever done

Mark Jackson will probably play ball and kiss Pete's ass and try stupid gimmicks 3.0 JazzBand style. Karl probably would not.

That is all there is to it. It is about Pete D'Alessandro's ego more than anything else.
You realize that Mark Jackson was fired because he wouldn't play nice and "kiss ass" with ownership, right?

Hopefully simmons is wrong, but theres something to it. They are probably working out a deal to sign him. Of course they are going to deny truth to the tweet. I dont expect the gerbil to be HONEST. We will know if its true in the next 24-48 hours

I would prefer George Karl, but I don't understand the hatred for Mark Jackson.

He did coach the Warriors to 47 and 51 win seasons and the playoffs, just two years after they won only 20 something games.

He helped develop Curry and Thompson and the Warrior players were all sad when he got fired. He did not get along with the FO, but from what I had heard, he had the players respect.

He was also recommended by Jerry West as coach.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but much better than Vinny Del Negro, Tyrone Corbin or Chris Mullin.

I could live with Mark Jackson, he could help develop Ben and Nik's game.