Omri Casspi - good signing or not?

Omri - good signing or waste?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
It is a two part question: emotional now and basketball 20 games into season. For now an inexpensive swing player, who is aggressive, can shoot the 3, and runs really well, which fits into the new scheme of play. The real answer comes after his first 20 games (not teams first 20 necessarily) and how he helps.

Alright then, I guess it is official now, I have just read in a credible Israeli sports website that Omri Casspi has been officially signed by the sacramento and is now a member of the Kings, the article was composed basing on reports from the U.S. and also from ESPN's Marc Stein.
Casspi will earn around 1 mil for one year of course.

I am very ecstatic and excited to hear Casspi is signed with the Kings, I was really relished watching Casspi in his rookie and sophomore years as a King, I reckon that it's a win-win situation for both Casspi and the Kings, a minimum vet with experience and a lot of enthusiasm who is willing to give his heart out on the court every single game.

I hope Casspi will blossom on the Kings and maybe show sparks of his very decent Rookie season.

Alright then, I guess it is official now, I have just read in a credible Israeli sports website that Omri Casspi has been officially signed by the sacramento and is now a member of the Kings, the article was composed basing on reports from the U.S. and also from ESPN's Marc Stein.

I am very ecstatic and excited to hear Casspi is signed with the Kings, I was really relished watching Casspi in his rookie and sophomore years as a King, I reckon that it's a win-win situation for both Casspi and the Kings, a minimum vet with experience and a lot of enthusiasm who is willing to give his heart out on the court every single game.

I hope Casspi will blossom on the Kings and maybe show sparks of his very decent Rookie season.

Link please , I do not see confirmation on hoopshype or ESPN

Link please , I do not see confirmation on hoopshype or ESPN
Right now it seems that there is no information about it hoopshype nor ESPN, but it was written in an Israeli sports website, they were proclaiming Casspi was signed by the Kings due to reports by Marc Stein from ESPN and other reports from other sources in USA.

I can send you the link to the Israeli sports website, but I don't think it will be indispensable for you considering the fact the article is in Hebrew.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

No offense but that sounds like their sources are the same tweets we've all been discussing for the past two weeks.

K

KingMilz

It is a two part question: emotional now and basketball 20 games into season. For now an inexpensive swing player, who is aggressive, can shoot the 3, and runs really well, which fits into the new scheme of play. The real answer comes after his first 20 games (not teams first 20 necessarily) and how he helps.
We signed Casspi not Chandler Parsons I think people must be getting the two confused

No offense but that sounds like their sources are the same tweets we've all been discussing for the past two weeks.
You might be correct, I am not quite sure about it, finding no reports which can confirm or justify the cognizance that Casspi has signed with Kings made me a little pensive, the thing is that the Israeli website has already published an article about Casspi negotiating with the Kings management and that he is about to be finalizing the deal. This article was about Casspi officially signing with the Kings. I sincerely hope it's correct and Casspi will be a member of the Sacramento Kings.

We signed Casspi not Chandler Parsons I think people must be getting the two confused
He was mentioning things that are part of the arsenal Casspi brings to his basketball game, I think throughout his two-years tenure with the Kings you could witness Casspi bringing to the table the exact same things CruzeDude has mentioned, he is aggressive player, he battles for every ball and every position, he shoots the 3 point shot very well, his percentages are mediocre, could be better but not bad at all, Casspi also excelled in running the floor, that is I think the most frequent style of play he was executing while being a member of the Kings.
Look he is certainly not better than Chandler Parsons, no question about it, but still a decent player who can add and contribute a lot to the team.

K

KingMilz

You might be correct, I am not quite sure about it, finding no reports which can confirm or justify the cognizance that Casspi has signed with Kings made me a little pensive, the thing is that the Israeli website has already published an article about Casspi negotiating with the Kings management and that he is about to be finalizing the deal. This article was about Casspi officially signing with the Kings. I sincerely hope it's correct and Casspi will be a member of the Sacramento Kings.

He was mentioning things that are part of the arsenal Casspi brings to his basketball game, I think throughout his two-years tenure with the Kings you could witness Casspi bringing to the table the exact same things CruzeDude has mentioned, he is aggressive player, he battles for every ball and every position, he shoots the 3 point shot very well, his percentages are mediocre, could be better but not bad at all, Casspi also excelled in running the floor, that is I think the most frequent style of play he was executing while being a member of the Kings.
Look he is certainly not better than Chandler Parsons, no question about it, but still a decent player who can add and contribute a lot to the team.
You guys actually make him sound good but, I could sugar coat Travis Outlaw's qualities as well and make him sound like a good player, here let me do it

Insane athlete/length, can finish over people, unguardable jumper cause he gets up so high, shoot's a solid 3 point %, aggressive player and can really run the floor well.

You guys actually make him sound good but, I could sugar coat Travis Outlaw's qualities as well and make him sound like a good player, here let me do it

Insane athlete/length, can finish over people, unguardable jumper cause he gets up so high, shoot's a solid 3 point %, aggressive player and can really run the floor well.
But here is something you don't understand my friend, these are Casspi's abilities as a basketball player, all the things mentioned are a part of Casspi's style of play as a basketball player, he is a aggressive, he can run the court and he can shoot the 3-pt shot, that's what he is capable of, now mentioning all these things doesn't make Casspi a great player, there are lots of other players in this league who brings the exact style of playing to the court and they do it way more frequently and they are also more consistent performing and showcasing their skills, same skills Casspi has.
The fact Casspi is a mediocre player doesn't mean he can execute his abilities as a basketball player, it only means that he has difficulties performing at the high-levels like the great ones in the league can that's all, but it is definitely doesn't mean he is incapable of executing the basketball skills we mentioned.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
But here is something you don't understand my friend, these are Casspi's abilities as a basketball player, all the things mentioned are a part of Casspi's style of play as a basketball player, he is a aggressive, he can run the court and he can shoot the 3-pt shot, that's what he is capable of, now mentioning all these things doesn't make Casspi a great player, there are lots of other players in this league who brings the exact style of playing to the court and they do it way more frequently and they are also more consistent performing and showcasing their skills, same skills Casspi has.
The fact Casspi is a mediocre player doesn't mean he can execute his abilities as a basketball player, it only means that he has difficulties performing at the high-levels like the great ones in the league can that's all, but it is definitely doesn't mean he is incapable of executing the basketball skills we mentioned.
Bravo. Very well said. :)

Your point? They are both great basketball players. Each has played in the NBA for years. It's nice to see enthusiasm about any player on our team.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

As pshn80 pointed out, both Casspi and Outlaw have played in the NBA for years. That alone makes them better than the vast majority of guys who had dreams of playing professionally. Not every player has to be great in the NBA. Good players are needed to fill in the gaps...and good players often have very long and fruitful careers.

Something that always gets under my skin is when people start throwing around the word "scrub" and such when referring to D-leaguers or players who were in and out of the league/never made the cut ect ect. I grew up with the game and still play multiple times a week and have played with ex-players, college bound kids and former D-leaguers and i'll tell you this, the majority of those type of guys will run you out of the gym on any given day unless you lace em up tight. The truth is they are not scrubs just the NBA players who make a career out of it are tremendously talented beyond what the common armchair GM could imagine.

Something that always gets under my skin is when people start throwing around the word "scrub" and such when referring to D-leaguers or players who were in and out of the league/never made the cut ect ect. I grew up with the game and still play multiple times a week and have played with ex-players, college bound kids and former D-leaguers and i'll tell you this, the majority of those type of guys will run you out of the gym on any given day unless you lace em up tight. The truth is they are not scrubs just the NBA players who make a career out of it are tremendously talented beyond what the common armchair GM could imagine.
Very good post, upinsmoke. It reflects my many experiences at pick up basketball and all the levels I've watched over the years. There are a few who have made it as "physical specimens" but the greatest part guys that are even considered at the NBA level have to play basketball. The ones that don't are soon weeded out.

A good example is a guy like R'ashad James of the our Reno Bighorns and the summer league team

Very well said, unfortunately people are used to watch, follow and adore the best NBA players which are really bionic to be honest, they are very hard workers but there talent is just like on another level, really unbelievable, this is why when they watch an NBA player which is struggling or having a hard time to showcasing his skills you can immediately be exposed to very iniquity comments from detractors who instantly jump to the conclusion that those players are lazy and bums or scrubs who does not fit into this league, but truth is, that those players are working the hardest they can, spending hours in the gym only to achieve one goal and this goal is to improve, they want to base their status in the league as legitimate players.
Therefore I definitely agree with you, there is not even one NBA player which has been able to make it to the league and didn't work hard for that, I mean if he didn't work hard then he wouldn't even be there, some players are more talented and execute their skills more easily and some are struggling a bit more to do so but that certainly does not mean they are scrubs.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I think people throw the word scrub around in relation to NBA level. I don't think people mean they can't play at all and couldn't outplay guys in your local playground.

What are people supposed to call the bottom 10% players in the NBA? We can't call them really good players (even though they are compared to the world population) because people would get confused and not know what you are talking about. We describe them in comparison to the competition they play against. It's like saying we can't call a player who has never played a minute for his AAU team a scrub because he's really good when he plays against recreational players. They are different levels of competition, and you will be judged by what level you play on.

Is an NBA player a scrub? No. Can an NBA player be considered a scrub compared to his fellow NBAers? Of course.