[Game] Kings-Spurs Vegas Summer League - 7/11/14

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Stauskas can flat play. Looks like a pro out there. Sophisticated, really on both ends, in a way that Ben never looked.

I'm never really sure why it takes some people/GMs so long to get a read on guys. I can often see what I need to see in 1 or 2 summer league games. And Stauskas just knows how to play. That alone make shim an automatic upgrade for us even if he only averages 11 a game. He makes the right pass, takes the right shot, is heady.
You haven't mentioned Quincy's new jumpshot...

Entity

Hall of Famer
Stauskas can flat play. Looks like a pro out there. Sophisticated, really on both ends, in a way that Ben never looked.

I'm never really sure why it takes some people/GMs so long to get a read on guys. I can often see what I need to see in 1 or 2 summer league games. And Stauskas just knows how to play. That alone make shim an automatic upgrade for us even if he only averages 11 a game. He makes the right pass, takes the right shot, is heady.
I agree. Summer league is usually chaos on the court. Nik looks controlled

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The one positive of being a bad team is that Summer League games are very enjoyable

Or a nightmare if your lottery rookie looks awful against bad competition
We WERE a bad team. I prefer to look upon the Kings as an improving team. Our lottery rookie looks pretty freaking good IMHO. Are you watching a different game?