[Game] Kings-Spurs Vegas Summer League - 7/11/14

Entity

Hall of Famer
In bens defense his stats show 1-5 but one of those misses was a blocked shot on Williams with clock at 1 and he just tipped it from the free throw line

There was some bad D by Nik. Like I've said in other threads, he was hot and cold on D all year. I expect the same this year. And a smart pass for an open 3 by Ben.

In bens defense his stats show 1-5 but one of those misses was a blocked shot on Williams with clock at 1 and he just tipped it from the free throw line
This is very true. I was hoping he'd attack the rim a bit more, though. He has a ton of skill and is more than capable, but he's just looking for the jumper.

dude12

Hall of Famer
There was some bad D by Nik. Like I've said in other threads, he was hot and cold on D all year. I expect the same this year. And a smart pass for an open 3 by Ben.
It looks like when his man gets a step on him on the perimeter, he can't keep up but his team defense has looked good and his height against some of these guys has cause problems.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wait. Webber was supposed to be there and Clyde is sitting in for him? I would totally have loved to hear C-Webb's take on our young guns.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Love to see the young fans coning up to DMC for autographs. Love even more that he's smiling and signing and sitting with the Kings fans. It's a good time to be a Kings fan. :)

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Stauskas can flat play. Looks like a pro out there. Sophisticated, really on both ends, in a way that Ben never looked.

I'm never really sure why it takes some people/GMs so long to get a read on guys. I can often see what I need to see in 1 or 2 summer league games. And Stauskas just knows how to play. That alone make shim an automatic upgrade for us even if he only averages 11 a game. He makes the right pass, takes the right shot, is heady.