• Yes

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • NO

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
K

KingMilz

We found out that Prince Luke is a capable starting SF, Thompson was a great defender props to him. But yeah Prince Luke biggest positive about this game by a wide margin for me.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
We found out that Prince Luke is a capable starting SF, Thompson was a great defender props to him. But yeah Prince Luke biggest positive about this game by a wide margin for me.
Easier to see now why they grabbed him. Luc actually looked a little better on offense than I expected.

All in all, I can live with the loss.

There's a team in here somewhere. That 2nd quarter lineup of IT-McLemore-Mbah-JT-Cousins was great on both ends of the floor. The GV-IT-Mbah-JT-Cousins lineup worked really well too

You could tell Mbah was playing a little passively, getting his legs back under him. But man, the guy really is a physical defender and he just does so many things well on the defensive end. Boxing out and putting a body on someone. He altered several perimeter shots over the course of the game. He was in great defensive position on most possessions. And better yet, the only offensive shots he took were the wide-open looks spoon-fed to him and he hit 4-6

Vasquez sucked tonight. 8 turnovers disgusts me. Ben is a rookie I am not that surprised he is still having difficulties, but at least he is trying and getting rebounds. Cousins is doing all he can by himself, but at this point he has no supporting cast besides IT, who is selfish to begin with and cannot be relied upon to make good decisions consistently. Chuck Hayes should be buried on the bench never see the light of day again... Drummond was all over him dunking on him and then dunking all by himself because Hayes was still huffing and puffing his way up the court. Please do yourself and us a favor and just ask to not play anymore. Not too much to say about JT, at this point he is just his usual self, but fought tonight. Moute seemed to do well, hopefully we continue to see more of him. Everyone else was negligible. Thornton needs to be traded ASAP, I can't stand him anymore. Too inconsistent and at this point mostly a chucker. This roster needs a drastic make over. Jabari Parker we are coming for you!

There's a team in here somewhere. That 2nd quarter lineup of IT-McLemore-Mbah-JT-Cousins was great on both ends of the floor. The GV-IT-Mbah-JT-Cousins lineup worked really well too

You could tell Mbah was playing a little passively, getting his legs back under him. But man, the guy really is a physical defender and he just does so many things well on the defensive end. Boxing out and putting a body on someone. He altered several perimeter shots over the course of the game. He was in great defensive position on most possessions. And better yet, the only offensive shots he took were the wide-open looks spoon-fed to him and he hit 4-6
Add that he seems not to know what to do with that pass from Cousins.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
"Not I," said the fox.

I hate to lose. I especially hate to lose to a team that we should have beaten.
Shoulda/woulda/coulda...

I take the view that this team isn't going to win much at all, especially when two players go out to injury. PatPat and Outlaw may not have all-star skills but they could have helped out there.

Although I am bummed that the Kings lost, I would like to find the person who thought of marketing the decibel level and shaking that person's hand. That's an exceptional example of taking advantage of national television to promote your brand. I know that "marketing" is a skill that many people disdain, but that was an example of marketing done well.

He gives a full extension contest on every shot his man takes. Boxes out every time he can, great defensive positioning, etc etc. Fundamentally sound with a good understanding of working within a team concept. He's a true value player

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
In other news, the way Piston fans talk about him, you'd think Greg Monroe was the second coming of Hakeem. He's good but if I had to chose between he or Drummond, I'd chose Drummond every time.

In other news, the way Piston fans talk about him, you'd think Greg Monroe was the second coming of Hakeem. He's good but if I had to chose between he or Drummond, I'd chose Drummond every time.
You mean Drummond - "Thabust"?

I remember a know-it-all basketball guru in this forum saying "Rebounding is a skill you either got or you don't got. Drummond does not have it."

In this game, Drummond has 17-18 rebounds!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
You mean Drummond - "Thabust"?

I remember a know-it-all basketball guru in this forum saying "Rebounding is a skill you either got or you don't got. Drummond does not have it."

In this game, Drummond has 17-18 rebounds!
I don't think the knock on Drummond was his rebounding. Rather, the big criticism a lot of us had when he was coming up through college was whether or not he had the drive to ever assert himself. It actually looks like having Rasheed Wallace on their staff has helped with that.

Vasquez sucked tonight. 8 turnovers disgusts me. Ben is a rookie I am not that surprised he is still having difficulties, but at least he is trying and getting rebounds. Cousins is doing all he can by himself, but at this point he has no supporting cast besides IT, who is selfish to begin with and cannot be relied upon to make good decisions consistently. Chuck Hayes should be buried on the bench never see the light of day again... Drummond was all over him dunking on him and then dunking all by himself because Hayes was still huffing and puffing his way up the court. Please do yourself and us a favor and just ask to not play anymore. Not too much to say about JT, at this point he is just his usual self, but fought tonight. Moute seemed to do well, hopefully we continue to see more of him. Everyone else was negligible. Thornton needs to be traded ASAP, I can't stand him anymore. Too inconsistent and at this point mostly a chucker. This roster needs a drastic make over. Jabari Parker we are coming for you!
GV had a terrible first Q but he didnt kill us out there the b2b 3s was the only highlight for me outside of Demarcus and Luc Bah.

This season is about changing things and getting consistenf. I like what a poster said above that there are players here. Malone actually has this group playing like a team at points oddly.

More wins will come once Ben gets comfortable out there, Bah Moute finds his legs and especially when we can find a legit big for a bench...maybe from our DLeague squad.