Zach LaVine revisited

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
so in other words; he isn't just a inefficient chucker? He's a scorer. Timberwolves should of kept him over Wiggins, who is a Mannequin out there.

yeah you can see why Vlade went for it.

It's worked out well having Hield and Fox take ownership of the backcourt which is positive. Id prefer Hield continue starting with Fox. They are the future and the now.

Bogdan to split his time by playing some 3 and backing up the guard positions.

Zach continues to make his case for MIP
He's the frontrunner at this point and some excellent candidates have emerged. Caris LeVert is gonna be up there it seems.

The thing with LaVine and the Kings though is if you look at the footage from the Bulls, like that career-high game, what he's doing there would plug right in here, it's fairly straightforward.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
He's the frontrunner at this point and some excellent candidates have emerged. Caris LeVert is gonna be up there it seems.

The thing with LaVine and the Kings though is if you look at the footage from the Bulls, like that career-high game, what he's doing there would plug right in here, it's fairly straightforward.
Josh Richardson is also making a case for himself.

No. Because the article you linked to requires a subscription to read.

I did see the video and as awful as it is, it's something I often see some KINGS players doing or not doing, however you choose to word it.

Do you need to see an article or a video to already know that the KINGS defense has often been pretty awful too?
It is not the same. Kings players are trying to play defense and I am sure they will improve when they learn the schema and how to play with each other. OTOH, Zach Lavine doesn't try and it hasen't changed in his 4th season and 2nd NBA team.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I hated the idea of bringing him in when our main area of weakness was, and continues to be, SF.

I'm not bummed he didn't want to come here. Although I'll admit that Fox/Zach/Bogi with Buddy off the bench would be pretty nasty. Lavine is a beast this season and kudos to Vlade for seeing that.

Still, we don't need no stinkin' high usage SG! Not with Buckets killing it and Bogi about to suit up in a game or two!

We need an SF. We need defenders. Our main guys can score just fine. Bags is gonna need his touches in a couple seasons as well.

-2.21 RPM, second worst defensive RPM at PG (should be SG) beyond Young, negative Box plus/minus. I think my summer suspicions about going after him are playing out some.. I think he’s a gunner who would mess up our offensive flow. questionable move from our FO IMO

-2.21 RPM, second worst defensive RPM at PG (should be SG) beyond Young, negative Box plus/minus. I think my summer suspicions about going after him are playing out some.. I think he’s a gunner who would mess up our offensive flow. questionable move from our FO IMO
Even when he was red hot to start the season, his advanced metrics were still meh.

Jabari Parker has been bad too.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
not questionable at all. Joerger would of put him in his place and have a role for him to succeed, like all the players he has had. Some take longer to implement but there is no question Joerger knows what he is doing with his players.

not questionable at all. Joerger would of put him in his place and have a role for him to succeed, like all the players he has had. Some take longer to implement but there is no question Joerger knows what he is doing with his players.
Struggling to see the role with this Kings iteration. He’d get up and down the floor, but he’s a very bad defensive player who has become high usage, and doesn’t really stretch the floor. Buddy would be on the bench as Zach isn’t a three. Hed be taking the ball out of Fox’s hands some, taking some of the others looks (we aren’t struggling to score).. Just not seeing it now

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Struggling to see the role with this Kings iteration. He’d get up and down the floor, but he’s a very bad defensive player who has become high usage, and doesn’t really stretch the floor. Buddy would be on the bench as Zach isn’t a three. Hed be taking the ball out of Fox’s hands some, taking some of the others looks (we aren’t struggling to score).. Just not seeing it now
The Kings in general are not a good defensive team. Joerger would make Lavine play defense or he won't play much. He's high usage on Chicago because who else on that team can score consistently? especially considering Markannen is out. He would have a role on this team, he would start and give the Kings an additional ball handler and Zach is a capable passer.

I don't want any part of LaVine. He has these explosive games where he looks like a superstar, and then the next day he'll shoot something like 7-19 or 6-15. He's as inconsistent as it gets. And he's always injured. His defense is also horrid.

I just really dislike inefficient high-volume scorers. Hield and Bog can hold it down.

I don't want any part of LaVine. He has these explosive games where he looks like a superstar, and then the next day he'll shoot something like 7-19 or 6-15. He's as inconsistent as it gets. And he's always injured. His defense is also horrid.

I just really dislike inefficient high-volume scorers. Hield and Bog can hold it down.
LaVine is shooting 49% from the field and 47% from 3 since the all star break. hows that for inefficient??? While putting up 28-5-5... and he's 23 years old.

Zach LaVine has looked like a star in the NBA. I think he's currently better than Buddy and Fox while being only 23/24 yearsold. I think Vlade was completely right to go after him. Imagine if we had LaVine aside Bogdan in the 2nd unit... or maybe even in place of Bogdan. With that being said, we can't do much about it now.

He's always had talent & athleticism, but his impact stats and his ability to play winning basketball leaves a lot to be desired considering how much he gets paid.

RAPM = -1.8 (457th in the league)
RPM = -0.91 (216th in the league)
On/Off = +0.8 (9th on a team that is 19-47)

https://theathletic.com/830752/2019...d-worst-rim-attackers-in-the-nba-this-season/

Second best rim attacker, ranked by The Athletic. For someone who does not have subscription, basically it says Lavines drives into the lane very frequently in which he scores very efficiently and draws a ton of fouls. Would have been a perfect fit with Fox and in the Kings' offensive system.

Here is their best 5 rim attackers:
1. Leonard
2. Lavine
3. Harden
4. Giannis
5. Lebron

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Zach LaVine has looked like a star in the NBA. I think he's currently better than Buddy and Fox while being only 23/24 yearsold. I think Vlade was completely right to go after him. Imagine if we had LaVine aside Bogdan in the 2nd unit... or maybe even in place of Bogdan. With that being said, we can't do much about it now.
LaVine can also do one thing that no one on the Kings can. Create his own shot when defense gets tight.