Your favourite non Kings players

Luka Doncic (making me amazed every time with all that superstar talent and the cry silent tears)
I'd say Luka myself.

But saying Luka reminds me of Marvin.

Reminding me of Marvin also, as a result, reminds me of Vlade.

And, when I then remember Vlade, I want to punch the dude in the face for not drafting Luka.

Therefore, I will never admit that Luka is my "favorite" non-Kings player.

Australians: Patty Mills for his leadership, Jo Ingles for his personality and game, and Josh Giddey for his passing and vision, although I believe he would be insufferable in person.

Steven Adams as a NZer in the NBA and also someone who seems thoroughly themselves.

Jrue Holiday as a two way player to watch in the playoffs.

All time = Andrew Gaze.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Australians: Patty Mills for his leadership, Jo Ingles for his personality and game, and Josh Giddey for his passing and vision, although I believe he would be insufferable in person.

Steven Adams as a NZer in the NBA and also someone who seems thoroughly themselves.

Jrue Holiday as a two way player to watch in the playoffs.

All time = Andrew Gaze.
what leads you to this impression of him?

Luka cries too many tears on the basketball court to want to watch him. Great talent. Whiny baby.
Part of it is just consolation/the acceptance stage of grief, but I really do not think Luka would have been a fit here. He already gets T'd up the same rate Cousins did playing in Dallas on a winning team without the negative reputation Cousins had been possibly unfairly given.

Part of it is just consolation/the acceptance stage of grief, but I really do not think Luka would have been a fit here. He already gets T'd up the same rate Cousins did playing in Dallas on a winning team without the negative reputation Cousins had been possibly unfairly given.

I would enjoy watching him in a Kings uni the majority of time, yes. I would also get super frustrated with him as much as he whines. I already get frustrated with Fox and Sabonis and I think they legit have 10x the gripe Luka does lol.

Just playing it out in my head in this alternate universe where we drafted Luka, I don't know if I would be as in love with that team 2 years into it, with a huge ego who plays heliocentric ball as the focal point, as I love this unselfish team with efficiency tops the history of NBA in our current timeline.

Just playing it out in my head in this alternate universe where we drafted Luka, I don't know if I would be as in love with that team 2 years into it, with a huge ego who plays heliocentric ball as the focal point, as I love this unselfish team with efficiency tops the history of NBA in our current timeline.
Dallas has done an incredibly poor job building a team around Doncic. But at least they swung for the fences with Porzingis and Irving. Kristaps didn't work out and the early returns on Kyrie don't look great either, but it showed they were willing to make big moves to find him a running mate. I have a hard time imagining Vlade doing any better and I don't know if Luka would have had the patience to wait for McNair.

I guess it would depend on how Fox was treated in all of this. I have had Fox blinders on for years. Also we'd never know what we missed out on. But I kind of have the opinion the wheels would be falling off right now if we had picked him. Maybe not as bad as Dallas, but maybe worse.

I'm of the opinion we'd have been better off taking Jaren Jackson Jr. than Luka. When you really think about it, we avoid this pitfall of the Richaun Holmes extension if JJJ's that pick, obviously "fallacies of predetermined outcomes" start to arise when you do these things (would we still ahve been bad enough to land the Haliburton pick? almost certainly not.) It's of minor consequence but hard to believe they draft Queta 38th if JJJ's here already.

Thats where I'm at, n honestly when I see Luka who's gotta be holding ~20% body fat at the end of the season,(I thought NBA players start the season 'fat' n then run off all the weight during the year?!?!) that makes this a bit easier to call for me.

Last edited:
To me, this might be closer to reality for us had we picked Luka...

"There's a strong sense of urgency within the organization to expedite the process before Doncic loses faith in the Mavs' ability to build a contender around him. He's wrapping up the first season of a five-year, $215 million supermax contract with a player option for the final season.
Team sources have acknowledged to ESPN that fear exists that Doncic, who publicly and privately expressed extreme frustration this season, could consider requesting a trade as soon as the summer of 2024 if Dallas doesn't make significant progress by then."
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...-marks-beginning-franchise-altering-questions

But with a Luka Doncic caliber talent, I guess we'll still land a Mike Brown level of a head coach who thought he/she could make it work.

(EDIT: Before I drive this thread further away from the subject, my favorite non-Kings player currently is Jered Vanderbilt. I wish we could've gotten him over the trade deadline and not let him become my mortal enemy in La-La-land...

Haliburton. He has a unique style and game that tends to bring out the best in those around him, along with being a great team guy. Someone you want on your team, unless you're a starting lead guard