you know it's an obsession when.......

Even though I will never admit to it being an obsession, there are others who seem to think so.

.....When you search ebay and buy both McFarlane figures, the home and road version which now sit on your desk. When your next goal is to search and find the bobblehead since they aren't sold where you live. When you cut out and keep the front page picture from the paper during the 2002 WCFs after game 5 cuz you know that is the only time he will ever be on the newspaper here. When that page, along with a poster and various computer print outs of pics have traveled with you to your dorm room at school and our now back on your wall at home since you moved back there. When your screen saver consists of 300+ pics of him that flash in a slide show. When he is also the background for your desktop on your computer, which you change periodically. When you own the jersey. When you tape every time he is on tv when not playing basketball and most televised games. When you schedule what you do around when you know he will be on tv cuz you just can't miss it. When you pay him more attention and like him more than you like your own boyfriend. When you order a 2003 Kings calendar from nba.com. When you rewind and watch the tape over and over again because you like how his little dimple shows, how he shakes his shoulders, and how he pulls his shorts when he shoots a freethrow. When you wake up around 7am to watch him play on one of the only days you get to sleep in late. When you get mad at anyone who talks bad about him or "hates" on him and will stop speaking for awhile to those close to you who do so. And to make matters worse you are not the only one, who thinks your ex-boyfriend/bestfriend looks like him.

I have too much pride to admit to it being an obsession. I just like to say I'm a really BIG fan.

Ummm, Bdoub? I think you need to pass the "most obsessed" crown on now...
:D

BBallGrl15 said:
Even though I will never admit to it being an obsession, there are others who seem to think so.

.....When you search ebay and buy both McFarlane figures, the home and road version which now sit on your desk. When your next goal is to search and find the bobblehead since they aren't sold where you live. When you cut out and keep the front page picture from the paper during the 2002 WCFs after game 5 cuz you know that is the only time he will ever be on the newspaper here. When that page, along with a poster and various computer print outs of pics have traveled with you to your dorm room at school and our now back on your wall at home since you moved back there. When your screen saver consists of 300+ pics of him that flash in a slide show. When he is also the background for your desktop on your computer, which you change periodically. When you own the jersey. When you tape every time he is on tv when not playing basketball and most televised games. When you schedule what you do around when you know he will be on tv cuz you just can't miss it. When you pay him more attention and like him more than you like your own boyfriend. When you order a 2003 Kings calendar from nba.com. When you rewind and watch the tape over and over again because you like how his little dimple shows, how he shakes his shoulders, and how he pulls his shorts when he shoots a freethrow. When you wake up around 7am to watch him play on one of the only days you get to sleep in late. When you get mad at anyone who talks bad about him or "hates" on him and will stop speaking for awhile to those close to you who do so. And to make matters worse you are not the only one, who thinks your ex-boyfriend/bestfriend looks like him.

I have too much pride to admit to it being an obsession. I just like to say I'm a really BIG fan.

BBallGrl15 said:

Umm safe to say you probably win...lol:p

I have a friend in Brooklyn Ny who is newly married but considers Bibby to be her first hubby...lol

when you save up all your money for the only live game you get to see a year.. and you buy the tickets yourself so your parents won't know you spent over a hundred dollars on a game.. ouch.. and then you get mad when you're NOT 2 hours early for the game! oh, and you work hard for 3 weeks on a very artistic sign (back-to-back) for the game..

when during games you wear a kings cap, (and you have to choose between 3 kings caps because you think one is luckier when the kings win while wearing it.. but once they lose while you're wearing it, it's time for a new cap..) a kings jersey (white when at home; purple when on the road), and you have this kings bumper sticker with you just to wave it around while watching, and you have the mcfarlane figure and bobblehead, too (and you position them like they're watching the game with you)

and you also tape their games, chat on kingsfans while watching, and then when you get back from school watch the game again, and rewind over and over again the good plays!

when you MAKE a "kingsfan" shoe.. i put "i am a kings fan" on my favorite shoe.. and YES, i wear it almost everyday in school.. and you stitched on a kings license plate on your bag for school..

when 50% of your wall is occupied with kings posters shipped all the way from california..and when you opted not to have a headboard for your bed because you wanted to fill it with a collage of kings pictures instead..

when for christmas, all you got (and all you want) were kings stuff.. oh and you only wear 2 "snow jackets" for the winter --the kings ones

when your desktop is a collage of the kings that i made.. and the screensaver is a slideshow of kings pics,too..

when you buy a mike bibby necklace from ebay..

when you don't do school work in your word processing class because you're reading and posting articles from the sacbee to kingsfans.com ;)

when you don't write on your kings calendar because you'll "ruin" it.. and you also save the sharpie the kings used to sign it..

when you cry when the kings lose and also when they win a close game or a big game..

i could go on and on, but i think i'll stop now.. it's too long.. it's obvious that i have nothing better to do right now.. lol

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
VF21 said:
He wasn't simply the Tetris champ. He was like a man consumed with the need to totally obliterate anyone who dared try to take his title away. I don't think anyone was within 2 million points of the illustrious sailor.
Don't be ridiculous... Nobody was within three million points of my high score.

Trying to pencil-whip me, eh? ;)

Same here, Prophetess...but since I don't live in Sac, I tell my sister's boyfriend to buy the soda just to get the Kings pin. :p

My license plate looks like 6th's only it is an Alabama plate and says "Kings 10". Y'all have seen it on my avatar before. I'd post it again but my pictures are on my other computer. Huge obsession! Plus I've got the blingin' Kings medallion on my mirror.