you gotta admit....even with all the what's-not's, they were still fun to watch

i got to watch my first game of the season last night.
although they got beaten BAD, regardless of the reasons,
and they seemed to not have much energy, the players were scattered all over the floor,c-webb didn't play, DC was only there for a few minutes, bobby and bibby were busy orienting the newbies,
and the score was really, really, really ugly,
but i walked away with a big grin on my face, because it was good to see my boys after the long wait.
i know we are all worried, or somewhat worried, or haven't decided if we are worried yet,
but hey, it was good to see them on the court again, yeah?
i just enjoy cheering for them so much. i went crazy on the 3rd quarter when peja came alive.
i appreciate my kings. i think they'll pull through. and i am honored to be able to witness that.
a ring at the end of the year would be nice. however, regardless how many games they win, they are still my boys.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
I like your style, fakie. Yes, we can complain from now until doomsday about how bad they looked in preseason (especially against the Suns) or we can simply appreciate that "our boys" are back on the court for another season of exciting Kings basketball. I choose the latter. :)

6th said:
I like your style, fakie. Yes, we can complain from now until doomsday about how bad they looked in preseason (especially against the Suns) or we can simply appreciate that "our boys" are back on the court for another season of exciting Kings basketball. I choose the latter. :)
But, what about the competition question? Sure its fun to watch them play, Kings are famous for being a united team in the half court, running fast break points and having energy on the full court. Maybe when the starters get out there and remember their game they can start thinking about competing.

Every team is going to be back on the court, and fans all around the country are saying the same thing "Good to see ya guys back on the court", but can every team compete for the coveted ring? 8 will, but this year in the West it will be much tougher to finish on top AND make it to the WCF.

Talk "fun to watch" all day long, but the ring is the ultimate goal for every team. Isn't competition what the game is all about?

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Of course it is about the competition. However, when the competition gets in the way of my enjoying the game itself........well, that is when I may as well stop watching.

Don't get me wrong. I like to see our guys win. And, I would love to see the championship banner hanging in ARCO. But, if I cannot enjoy the journey, then for me, it isn't worth it.

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Since93 said:
I don't know how fun it was to watch your team get blown by 30.
It is never nice to watch a blowout....for or against (as far as I am concerned)...unless one team is playing such flawless basketball that the other team simply is blown away. The problem with the Kings last night is that they played really horribly. However, I LOVE the game of basketball (especially if it is played as a team sport) and, hopefully, the competition will ever get in the way of that love of the game itself.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
albeitrue said:
... Every team is going to be back on the court, and fans all around the country are saying the same thing "Good to see ya guys back on the court", but can every team compete for the coveted ring? 8 will, but this year in the West it will be much tougher to finish on top AND make it to the WCF...
Technically, sixteen teams will compete for the championship. Just sayin', is all...

albeitrue said:
But, what about the competition question? Sure its fun to watch them play, Kings are famous for being a united team in the half court, running fast break points and having energy on the full court. Maybe when the starters get out there and remember their game they can start thinking about competing.

Every team is going to be back on the court, and fans all around the country are saying the same thing "Good to see ya guys back on the court", but can every team compete for the coveted ring? 8 will, but this year in the West it will be much tougher to finish on top AND make it to the WCF.

Talk "fun to watch" all day long, but the ring is the ultimate goal for every team. Isn't competition what the game is all about?
i actually agree that competition is a big part of it. i froze and didn't breathe for quite a while when webber's 3-pointer didn't go in some time ago.
i am just saying, with all that's been said recently, it's been more an agnizing experience than enjoyment. we are so caught up with the issues. we are not having any fun anymore.
that game last night was ugly, it's not cool to be beaten by 30, and we've got no one to blame but ourselves.
ring is the ultimate goal. but the journey counts quite a lot too. not to be too naive, but can't we just have some fun?
i was happy to see them. that's all

Last edited:

piksi

Hall of Famer
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Technically, sixteen teams will compete for the championship. Just sayin', is all...
Using that logic - actually just 2 teams - one from the east and one from the west.

hey fakie.......I was thinking of posting something like this last night.....I'm not kidding....... I've watched couple of their games (China's couple and last night's).......I kind of realize the reasons again why I love the Kings in the first place.........I'm with you on that "no matter how much games they'll win this yr" thing........It's enough for me just to see them healthy and playing well.........(maybe that just me though........some of us seems like they appreciate the result more than the way the play........)

Last edited:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
piksi said:
Using that logic - actually just 2 teams - one from the east and one from the west.
Actually, using that logic, all thirty teams; let's face it, as of Tuesday, technically, all thirty teams will be tied for the best record in the league.

Double-K said:
hey fakie.......I was thinking of posting something like this last night.....I'm not kidding....... I've watched couple of their games (China's couple and last night's).......I kind of realize the reasons again why I love the Kings in the first place.........I'm with you on that "no matter how much games they'll win this yr" thing........It's enough for me just to see them healthy and playing well.........(maybe that just me though........some of us seems like they appreciate the result more than the way the play........)
great! you can be my new best friend :)

seriously though, i care that they win, who want to cheer on a loser team?
but i also love to see them being human and stumble sometimes, and then getting back on their feet.
we are not settling for any less than the best they can be, yet, i just want to be able to enjoy watching them play without that dark cloud over my head.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Mr. S£im Citrus said:
Actually, using that logic, all thirty teams; let's face it, as of Tuesday, technically, all thirty teams will be tied for the best record in the league.
Absolutely true. For some teams - only time in the season where they are tied for the first place - everything downhill from there.

it was fun when doug was playing last night, i will say that. that sequence where he stole the ball, had it hit him in the face, then he has that great behind the back pass to bibby who blew the lay up, THAT was FUN!!!!!!

since93, i LOVE the avatar. that red sock will be an icon in new england forever.