Yahoo: Sources: Turkoglu longs for return to Kings (Yahoo! Sports)

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
I think it's awesome that Hedo WANTS to come to the Kings. Everyone else talks about going to an immediate contender. That said, unless he is willing to renegotiate his contract to fewer years, I don't think it's worth it unless something bigger is going down.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Too much $$$ they are going to have to pay to move Hedo, the only way I see it is as part of the Bosh S&T.

So with that in mind I'd start at.

Hedo + 13 + Bosh for Cisco, Noc & Thompson or Hawes.

Too much $$$ they are going to have to pay to move Hedo, the only way I see it is as part of the Bosh S&T.

So with that in mind I'd start at.

Hedo + 13 + Bosh for Cisco, Noc & Thompson or Hawes.
I think we'd have to include the #5 pick as well to even get close to pulling this off

L

LWP777

I think it's awesome that Hedo WANTS to come to the Kings. Everyone else talks about going to an immediate contender. That said, unless he is willing to renegotiate his contract to fewer years, I don't think it's worth it unless something bigger is going down.
NBA contracts can't be modified.

I think we'd have to include the #5 pick as well to even get close to pulling this off
we dont need to..... we are doing the raptors a favor in ridding turk so its the other way around... they need to make the deal sweeter for us to accept thats a 53 million dollar 31 year old vet... why would we want him? we have a glut of 3s already.

as much as i loved hedo in the glory days, its too late for him to be back here granted he will be welcomed for nostalgia but the contract is way to big for the gp to take. just after were done with KT ;)

So if Hedo pressures the management of the Raptors like being disgruntled etc. we can ask for that extra pick

I have mixed emotions if a deal would pull through getting us the 13th pick at the same time retaining the 5th for hedo

we dont need to..... we are doing the raptors a favor in ridding turk so its the other way around... they need to make the deal sweeter for us to accept thats a 53 million dollar 31 year old vet... why would we want him? we have a glut of 3s already.

as much as i loved hedo in the glory days, its too late for him to be back here granted he will be welcomed for nostalgia but the contract is way to big for the gp to take. just after were done with KT ;)

So if Hedo pressures the management of the Raptors like being disgruntled etc. we can ask for that extra pick

I have mixed emotions if a deal would pull through getting us the 13th pick at the same time retaining the 5th for hedo
we would be getting bosh back. I have mixed feelings about having only Hedo back, but i would be ecstatic if Bosh came along in the deal :D

we would be getting bosh back. I have mixed feelings about having only Hedo back, but i would be ecstatic if Bosh came along in the deal :D
Kings fans need to get it through their heads that Bosh will never sign here. No sign-and-trade deals will happen with him coming here.

I am indifferent toward the thought of Hedo coming back so I am going to go straight to what I took out of this:

Someone actually wants to GO play in Sacramento. It's not as if 31 year old Hedo said "trade me to a contender," like every other vet would desire. Hedo knows we suck. He knows he isn't coming here to win a championship and with all of the media attention he got last year I think a star (between superstar and roleplayer) saying he wants to come here is good publicity for the team and our ability to attract upcoming free agents.

I understand Hedo is not Bosh or Lebron, but any sort of positive display toward a trade to Sacramento, and us specifically (assuming this rumor is accurate), tells me that we are starting to get back in the public eye as an up and coming team....and damnit if that doesn't make me happy.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
It's a completely lopsided deal talent wise but you're also doing them a huge favor with Turk. It's basically two separate deals combined into one. Hedo + 13 for long term salary relief (this is a Raptors win, given the current situation with Hedo and the uncertainty going into the next CBA I'd call it a huge win for them) combined with Bosh for Hawes or Thompson (this is a terrible deal but I bet the final deal they get for Bosh will be even worse).

Now this is a total pipe dream because Bosh won't come here.

I think what we'll see is that NY whiffs hard on all the other free agents and since they have so much cap room they can take on both Bosh and Hedo without giving anything back but future picks.

If we're looking to get older and add salary, then I'd rather look Okafor's direction. He brings a much greater need and honestly I think is a better basketball player at this point in their careers.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
NBA contracts can't be modified.
They can buy him out though. I think they'll just force him into a Bosh deal but since he can still get a decent contract with another team I wouldn't be shocked if they agreed on some kind of buy out and he signed with a new team for the difference.