Why honor Cousins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc Spears tweeted earlier that the Kings where planning to honor Cousins in some way. If it's more than a video montage, I hope they pick the right person to handle it. It'll be interesting to see if Vlade and Vivek will approach Cousins and Boogie's reaction. This is one of the main reasons why this is a national TV game.
What? Why? He was not good for the franchise. Silly to Honor him.

Even if you liked him as a player and thought that the Kings screwed up his tenure in Sacramento there is still no reason to honor him. He didn't accomplish a thing while he was in Sacramento.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
MOD NOTE: Npliam posted this in the game thread right before game time. I deleted it and said we could revisit it in a different thread. I've undeleted it and put it in the proper forum.

Even if you liked him as a player and thought that the Kings screwed up his tenure in Sacramento there is still no reason to honor him. He didn't accomplish a thing while he was in Sacramento.
It's great that you're a civil Jazz fan -- it's nice to interact with fans of other teams without boring smack talk. In this case, however, you're all wrong. He's one of the best players we've had, and this franchise hasn't had very many. It isn't DMC's fault that management couldn't put a better team on the court with him. If the standard for when are you allowed to celebrate the return of former players is their having won a conference championship, we couldn't celebrate anything could we? The one time in my lifetime (and I'm 66) that we should have won, the refs stole if from us in 2002. DMC gave us many great moments and bonded with most of the fan base. That's more than enough.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's great that you're a civil Jazz fan -- it's nice to interact with fans of other teams with out boring smack talk. In this case, however, you're all wrong. He's one of the best players we're had, and this franchise hasn't had very many. It isn't DMC's fault that management couldn't put a better team on the court with him. If the standard for when are you allowed to celebrate the return of former players is their having won a conference championship, we couldn't celebrate anything could we? The one time in my lifetime (and I'm 66) that we should have won, the refs stole if from us in 2002. DMC gave us many great moments and bonded with most of the fan base. That's more than enough.

dude12

Hall of Famer

Off the court, he was a tremendous civic asset to the youth in the area. On the court, most of the people liked the guy and appreciated what he did.

Cousins was a long time Sacrament King, one of our best, pretty nice guy, and was a loyal King. He was here much longer than the other ex-Kings mentioned in this thread. A toast to DeMarcus. Get well soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.