Why do you love the kings?

I LOVE THE KINGS for making the playoffs seven straight years. We fought through several KEY turnips, the trade of our franchise player, and some new faces via trade,free agency, and the draft. I consider our accomplishment of making the playoffs this year right up there with Indiana's season. But our players did nothing wrong, there's did. Kudos to Rick,Mike, and Peja for leading us back to the playoffs again despite all the adversity. Now that we are in, let's go put it on Seattle. We have nothing to lose. The way I see it we're playing with (Eddie) House Money!

Last edited:
ever since the kings/lakers series back in what was it, 2001? i have been a kings fan. believe it or not, i started out that series a laker fan and by game 2 they had me converted. i loved the way they played, i loved webber, christie, hedo, divac,bobby, and most if all i loved BIBBY! since then i have been a die hard kings fan even though everywhere i go people make fun of me for being one( there are alot of laker lovers where i come from)

captain bill said:
A question that I'd like to pose to the members of this forum. I've been a Kings fan since I've been a sports fan, as young as I can remember. I grew up in norcal, an hour away from arco. The kings being the locals, I found myself a natural fan. I love the system and the team. The rest of my allegiances lie with SF-the giants and niners, and, if they had a basketball team, I'd love them too. Of course, I root for other teams in certain situations. Since the niners haven't had a legit title shot in years, I found myself happy to see the pats (and local hero tom brady) knock of the hated rival rams, and then happy to see them repeat this year. i pulled hard for the raiders two years ago in the super bowl. and, it should go without saying, i loved seeing the pistons humiliate the lakers last year, and so wouldn't mind seeing them repeat.

so this brings me to my question- what makes you consider yourself a kings fan? a local fan like myself? did you fall in love watching their valiant effort against the lakers in 02? (and feel sympathy for the injustices commited against them by the league) watching the rise of cwebb and jwill? or just random?

this is mostly out of curiousity, as ive always been bewildered to hear of fans loving a team with absolutely no connection to it or its city, and ive seen a decent amount of it here. not to preemptively judge anyone, but nothing irks me more than watching people become a "fan" of a team just because its winning and abandoning it as soon as things turn south.
When I was in business travel in Bay area 1999 . I watched the 1998~1999 playoff games.I saw a team almost win the frist round to Jazz.This was a start time I have become a Kingsfan

I grew up in Natomas, Arco is 10 minutes away, been fan of them even though they sucked for as long as I can remember (till these past 5 years of course). I still remember when we first made the playoffs with Seattle in 95' or 96'..ending a drought of 10 years or something, I was so happy we won like two playoff games lol..how things have changed... =)