Where's Brick!??!

We’re talking about Brick not the Kings, the Pelicans or Cuz. I care. I got a lot from Brick.
I've gotten even more from other posters on here who don't also carry a massive superiority complex and switch teams like a joke. Idk I guess it's because I wasn't here pre dysfunction era

Saying Fox is going to better than Cousins is a massive reach at this point.

Can he be? Sure.... Maybe. Cuz is elite right now. Idk what his detractors say.

Will he be? That's TBD.

Cousins may not be a leader. But, He is the league's leading scorer and a future Hall Of Famer. I believe Fox will be very good. Maybe, great. Cousins has transcendent talent that only comes around once every decade. I am not sure Fox is on that same track. We'll see.

"I'll be aroun' in the dark. I'll be everywhere-wherever you look. Wherever there is a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there is a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there...I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry and they know supper's ready. An' when our folk eat the stuff they raise an' live in the houses they build—why, I'll be there. " Tom Joad

Who the hell cares? He's pandering for Cuz. What else is new? We've been losing games and have looked straight up ugly in some of these games, but even with that said I'm enjoying these games more than I could recollect in the past. There's massive potential. We don't have Boogie to get us irrelevant wins for temporary relief, we have young prospects who actually look like they could turn this team around.

Guy has proven he is a garbage "fan". Why are we worrying about him? We got wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more potential than the Pelicans.
I care because Brick was one of my favorite posters here. He brought a lot to the site and I enjoyed his moderating abilities. Dude was very levelheaded and was never wuick to pull the trigger over something. He did a great job at it and I do miss his posts.

That being said, I definitely believe Fox will be a better 2 way player and a better leader than Big Cuz. I also believe he will be easier to build around as players will enjoy playing with him more than they did with Cuz while he was here. This is all my own personal beliefs but I feel strongly about them. And I was one of the biggest Cuz supporters, I have 2 of his jerseys and a Nate Archibald as my only Kings jerseys I ever got for myself

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I've gotten even more from other posters on here who don't also carry a massive superiority complex and switch teams like a joke. Idk I guess it's because I wasn't here pre dysfunction era
No you weren't ... but Brick was. And he didn't switch teams like a joke. The guy has few ties to Sacramento, having moved to the Big Apple years ago. Yet he kept on as a Kings fan through thick and thin and dedicated more hours to this forum than you could possibly imagine. He may have rubbed you the wrong way but there are few here whose knowledge of the game can compete with his.

He doesn't need me to defend him but I find it pathetic that a few here are dismissive in what he gave to our board. I dare you to do even ONE grade thread with the same attention to detail that Brick did virtually every freaking game. He had/has a life and a full-time job and yet managed to devote an incredible amount of time to Kings basketball.

I'm not gonna belabor the point but I'll tell you one thing. If/when you contribute even one/tenth of what Brickie did to this board, maybe then we'll talk.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Brick is gone. He is a man of principle. He will never, ever be a Kings fan again. He may find amusement from our success, but will never be a fan the way he was before. Ever. I would bet my life savings on it.

I'm not sure why people don't get this, but Brick did not leave to follow Cousins. He left due to organizational incompetence, and he chose to follow the best player the Kings ever drafted. Fox could end up being better than Cousins. But Brick's loyalty to the org was stretched too far, and the Cousins trade was the 500 lb log that broke the camel's back.
Since I had a few private conversations with Bricky, who by the way is a nice guy, or maybe I should say, a nicer guy than some might think on this forum, I would suggest that he left for a combination of reasons. One is as you stated, because he felt the team had been dysfunctional for some time, but was sort of on the right path by keeping Cousins around, either by accident or otherwise. The other was because he was going to follow Cousins if he was traded. It's no accident that the team he switched to was the Pelicans. Cousins was his favorite player on the team. I would guess that's true of others as well.

As to whether he would ever come back or not, I have no idea. My guess would be probably not, and that's a shame. While I didn't always agree with Bricky, I felt his arguments were always well thought out, and factually backed. I will concede that I miss the stubborn son of a gun. I wish him well. The forum is poorer by his absence.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
No you weren't ... but Brick was. And he didn't switch teams like a joke. The guy has few ties to Sacramento, having moved to the Big Apple years ago. Yet he kept on as a Kings fan through thick and thin and dedicated more hours to this forum than you could possibly imagine. He may have rubbed you the wrong way but there are few here whose knowledge of the game can compete with his.

He doesn't need me to defend him but I find it pathetic that a few here are dismissive in what he gave to our board. I dare you to do even ONE grade thread with the same attention to detail that Brick did virtually every freaking game. He had/has a life and a full-time job and yet managed to devote an incredible amount of time to Kings basketball.

I'm not gonna belabor the point but I'll tell you one thing. If/when you contribute even one/tenth of what Brickie did to this board, maybe then we'll talk.
I'm going to back you 100% on Bricky. He and I bumped heads a lot, but I had tremendous respect for him. Most on this forum have no idea how much work he put in behind the scenes. Some on projects that never came to fruition, like his Kings wikipedia project, which was never finished, or close enough to being finished to post. Hundreds of hours were spent on that project. Anyway, enough said. Bricky was a polarizing person, much like Cousins. Not everyone was going to love him, but everyone should respect his integrity. He was hardly a bandwagon fan.

Since I had a few private conversations with Bricky, who by the way is a nice guy, or maybe I should say, a nicer guy than some might think on this forum, I would suggest that he left for a combination of reasons. One is as you stated, because he felt the team had been dysfunctional for some time, but was sort of on the right path by keeping Cousins around, either by accident or otherwise. The other was because he was going to follow Cousins if he was traded. It's no accident that the team he switched to was the Pelicans. Cousins was his favorite player on the team. I would guess that's true of others as well.

As to whether he would ever come back or not, I have no idea. My guess would be probably not, and that's a shame. While I didn't always agree with Bricky, I felt his arguments were always well thought out, and factually backed. I will concede that I miss the stubborn son of a gun. I wish him well. The forum is poorer by his absence.
Can I book you to speak at my funeral?