What's the likelihood of the Kings making the right choice at #2?

I didn't see this anywhere else so I figured I'd start a thread for it. Here's a Ringer article from their "resident Kings fan" Riley McAtee:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/12/17451608/sacramento-kings-draft-choices

He touches on a variety of possible picks at #2 and some different trade scenarios.

Personally I think his idea that taking Bamba at #2 would be the worst possible option is misguided but it's a good read regardless.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
whether the Kings draft 1, 2 or 8, 9 or 10....nothing is a given. The draft is a crap shoot in general and we have to minimize the odds by doing our due diligence, which by sources and reports indicates to me that we are on that path. If the Kings feel they can get another asset or two by trading down a few spots, then so be it. If they feel the offers aren't enticing enough, then there is no pressure to make a trade and just select your guy, regardless of mock drafts and other voices which are irrelevant. Based on the last two drafts, the Kings like drafting players they bring in for a workout and/or attend players workouts.

If they treat this gift from the basketball gods with the proper and due respect it deserves by taking the best player with the least amount of risk —then they’ll have made the right choice whether it works out or not. That’s really the best they can do.

But if they get cute by drafting solely on potential, measureables, and the pure hope that the major red flags don’t come back to bite — they will have made the wrong choice.

You gotta play the percentages on this one and opt for what, on June 21st, appears to be the surest thing.

IMO, that criteria leaves out JJJ, Bamba and Porter. Depending upon who PHX selects, the most logical choice should come down to Ayton, Luka and Bagley.

Last edited: