What's happened to the Rockets? (split)

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
If not for some crazy 17,000:1 odds of missing 30 three pointers or whatever it was in the playoffs last year, they would have been in the finals.
then how do you explain such a big drop off? clearly it can't be all Ariza & Anderson, or can it? maybe Mbah a Moute?

then how do you explain such a big drop off? clearly it can't be all Ariza & Anderson, or can it? maybe Mbah a Moute?
I haven't really paid much attention to them since the Kings have been playing well but I'm guessing it's mainly just the drop off in defense with Ariza and Mbah a Moute leaving.

Another possibility to consider regarding the rockets, as well as many other teams not doing as well as expected, is the rule change to impeding motion.
I was gonna type pretty much the same thing. I think the rule changes have had more of an effect than many realize.

Rule changes are often overlooked as years go by and the game changes. Just like MLB and the NFL, today's game just isn't the same as it once was. That's why it's unfair to compare eras.