What would you give up for Porzingis?

Porzingis isnt elite defender, not even close. Actually he is a bad defender. Bad pick n roll defender, too slow footwork to guard fours and isnt a rim protector at 5.

Obviously he is young so he can develope but he is never going to be an elite defender. He can become a defender that is not a liability though and in right enviroment that can be a likely outcome

That is just false

I don't think we would make a deal with them.

5,10, and Temple/Koufos for Porzingis and Lance Thomas works but don't think we'd give up both picks for him. Him and Hield as a potential duo could be really good in a couple years though.

or 5, 10, Temple/Koufos, and Afflalo for Porzingis and Noah

Sorry
Porzingis isnt elite defender, not even close. Actually he is a bad defender. Bad pick n roll defender, too slow footwork to guard fours and isnt a rim protector at 5.

Obviously he is young so he can develope but he is never going to be an elite defender. He can become a defender that is not a liability though and in right enviroment that can be a likely outcome
Sorry I call this bs, he is a elite defender, he can guard after pnr best guards in this league, he is top 5 rim protecter in the league, when you have a point guard like D rose who doesn't know what is defence, then ofcourse there will be a problem. His only weakness is he 50 % of the time forgots about stretch 4,he sometimes leave them open, I have seen almost all his NBA games i'm that kind of guy tbh.

koufos, #5 pick & SG of choice.

we could field a team of papa, zinger, SF(10th pick), buddy/richardson/malachi, PG (10th pick) or teodosic

boston might beat us w/ the #3 pick and treasure trove of future picks and young talent.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I wouldn't be surprised if Vlade is calling Phil about this.

Zinger was his target in the WCS draft, if I remember correctly.

I'd probably start the offer at pick 5. But go as high as 5 + 10 (not a lot of great prospects at 10) + WCS or KK for him.

As others have mentioned: Hield/Skal/Zinger is a pretty rocking core

Phil Jackson just feels left out of the NBA media attention this week. I'd be absolutely STUNNED if he traded Porzingas. NY would burn him alive, even after booing him for the draft pick originally.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Phil Jackson just feels left out of the NBA media attention this week. I'd be absolutely STUNNED if he traded Porzingas. NY would burn him alive, even after booing him for the draft pick originally.
I'd think that Phil is too much of an egoist to care about fan and media response to a Zinger trade. He's trashed the Knicks and is going to bounce with his millions. Maybe he'll write a book about it and blame everything on Melo and Dolan.

I wouldn't be surprised if a Zinger trade did go down.

Although, I do agree with you about that media floosie feeling left out!

Sorry

Sorry I call this bs, he is a elite defender, he can guard after pnr best guards in this league, he is top 5 rim protecter in the league, when you have a point guard like D rose who doesn't know what is defence, then ofcourse there will be a problem. His only weakness is he 50 % of the time forgots about stretch 4,he sometimes leave them open, I have seen almost all his NBA games i'm that kind of guy tbh.
Thats surprising. I've seen quite many games from him and in my opinion he has been quite bad on those games defensively. Especially on pick n roll he looked bad to me. Also I was listening a Nate Duncan podcast while back and he too was talking about that he wont be a real superstar unless he moves to 5 and becomes a great rim protector. And Nate is probably the podcaster whos opinion I value the most. Obviously Porzingis plays the wrong position at the moment in order to capitalize all his talent on offense and in defense. But if you have seen that many games from him I gotta give your opinion some value then.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vlade is calling Phil about this.

Zinger was his target in the WCS draft, if I remember correctly.

I'd probably start the offer at pick 5. But go as high as 5 + 10 (not a lot of great prospects at 10) + WCS or KK for him.

As others have mentioned: Hield/Skal/Zinger is a pretty rocking core
I don't think he was Vlade's target. In that draft, he implied he wouldn't draft Porzinigs because he was too "raw". Vlade ended up drafting the most NBA ready player.. this was the same year where he did that horrific Nik Stauskas trade for win-now pieces.

5,10 and Hield? reaaly?

No matter how much Cuz trade was bad, trading Cuz and first round pick for Porzingis would be even worse, and that is what has been proposed here.

I strongly doubt that team with Porzingis instead of Cuz is better.

Heck, even just 5 and Hield might be too much for us to have anything to show. Porzingis is not LeBron/Jordan nor even Cuz yet.

Like it or not, we are banking on our drafts and cap space and we need to luck out on Pick 5 to have any hope to get out of basketball hell.

I would not give up 5 and Hield for Porzingis. He's good but we would be gutting the team. The Kings need quality and quantity. Not just quality. We had that with Cousins but there wasn't enough quantity to go along with him. This draft needs to be nailed down perfectly along with most of our young players developing into quality players. We aren't going to win with one good player, a couple of decent players and a handful of bench warmers.

1. Vlade - Offer #5, Richardson, Koufos,#34, For Porzingas and salary filler.
2. Then we draft DSJ at #10
3 Get Harkless and #26 from Portland
4. sign DC and Bogs in FA

Yeah, Yeah It could never happen- way to many maybe's

But question was What I would give up?

Yeah #5 and Buddy - NO WAY

DSJ, DC
Buddy, Bogs
Harkless, Temple,#26-BPA
WCS, Skal
Porzingas, Papa G

Knicks president Phil Jackson is making calls to teams about a Porzingis trade, according to The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski on Facebook Live. New York is looking to receive a top-4 pick and an established starter in return for the versatile 7-footer. Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Boston and Phoenix hold picks No. 1 through 4, in that order, in Thursday’s NBA Draft.

– via SB Nation

Sorry guys. The price for him is pretty steep. Don't think we're getting him. I'm more worried a top 4 team will make the trade because I don't know who they'll be after with a top 4 pick

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Knicks president Phil Jackson is making calls to teams about a Porzingis trade, according to The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski on Facebook Live. New York is looking to receive a top-4 pick and an established starter in return for the versatile 7-footer. Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Boston and Phoenix hold picks No. 1 through 4, in that order, in Thursday’s NBA Draft.

– via SB Nation

Sorry guys. The price for him is pretty steep. Don't think we're getting him. I'm more worried a top 4 team will make the trade because I don't know who they'll be after with a top 4 pick
Don't worry, Phil's doing everything he can to crater Zinger's value on the market. No one's gonna offer him that much if he's making it that apparent that he wants to get rid of the only good player the Knicks have drafted in ten years.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
I'm against most deals involving us giving up #5 unless it's to move up, and even then I'm quite happy just staying put at 5
Even if it were just a straight up 5 for Zinger move? As much as I love our big men and any of the dudes who can possibly wind up at the 5 spot, Zinger is arguably 1b/1c in the superstar young big men rankings

1. Vlade - Offer #5, Richardson, Koufos,Affalo, For Porzingas and noah's bad contract
Works on real gm

Knicks get cap relief, #5, replacement Big Man, Young SG Checks all the boxes for Phil

2. Then we draft DSJ at #10
3 Get Harkless and #26 from Portland
4. sign DC and Bogs in FA