What Type of Kings Fan Are You???

What Type of Kings Fan Are You?

• Total voters
T

thesanityannex

Fit in anywhere? Choose as many that fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about:
  • I've been a Kings fan for many years and I'll always be one.
  • I would go to or watch every game if I had the time and money.
  • I'm from Sacramento, so I root for my hometown team.
I would pick those.

I picked I watch every game on League pass
but
I dont have league pass, I watched EVERY game this year on CSN and News10..
yes I watched EVERY game, lol... i wish the new season started already =(

and i went to a few games this year

I chose "I watch every game on League Pass" but, like SacTown, I do not have League Pass. I do however, watch every game nationally televised and LISTEN to every game not nationally televised on Audio League Pass. I also go to both games that they play against the Hornets in New Orleans, and TRY to make it to one game in Dallas. I consider myself a diehard, through good and bad times, fan.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm a die hard fan, although I cannot attend every game - primarily because of the distance involved AND, of course, the price. I watch every single game on TV, but generally on Comcast Sports Network.

So I chose "Watch every game" and "Diehard Fan" without the qualifying provisos.

;)

There isn't one that fits exactly for me but watch every game on league pass is the closest choice. I watch as many games as I can when I'm not at work. I try and go to at least 2 games a year. Only made it to 1 last year, that disappointing blowout by the rockets where the rockets couldnt miss a jumper.

If i could subscribe to a dedicated satelite tv option providing all Kings games i would. However, as that isnt a possibility i subscribe to Audio League Pass on nba.com and set the alarm for a horrendous hour of the morning so i can hear first hand how we are playing.

I first started to support the Kings a couple of seasons ago, largely due to the sucessful run they were making and the subsequent (modest) financial rewards i achieved on the back of that.
Now i'm hooked, regardless of who represents us, where we play and how we perform..this is my team. KingsFans.com has given me greater insight into the popular views of a wide cross section of the fan base on a spectrum of subjects in connection with the team, managment and prospects and that helps make it all the more exciting...It's great to be able to share and exchange views on the range of topics (as well as the +1s !:) ).

This coming season (if there isnt a lockout) i'm really looking forward to having the live audio commentary from KHTK ('The Home of the Kings') and the emotive posts of the fans on this site.

Go Kings !

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
C Diddy said:
There isn't one that fits exactly for me but watch every game on league pass is the closest choice. I watch as many games as I can when I'm not at work. I try and go to at least 2 games a year. Only made it to 1 last year, that disappointing blowout by the rockets where the rockets couldnt miss a jumper.
This is about where I fit in - been to an occasional game since they moved here, had a sweatshirt with Rodney McCray's sig (among others), catch most of the games that are televised, go to 1-2 games a year when I can.

Last edited:
"I love the Kings style of play, which led me to watching them play"

This is the closest, but it would be the exact, if the 2nd part says "..., which led me to become the Kings fan".

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Londonking said:
This coming season (if there isnt a lockout) i'm really looking forward to having the live audio commentary from KHTK ('The Home of the Kings') and the emotive posts of the fans on this site.

Go Kings !
You'll have another option. During the season I generally provide a written play-by-play for each game. You might want to check some of the old threads...

AND - it's free!

:D

sono said:
"I love the Kings style of play, which led me to watching them play"

This is the closest, but it would be the exact, if the 2nd part says "..., which led me to become the Kings fan".
Same here.

I'm not from the Sacramento area (I'm from outside the US), and we don't get as much games over here - but I NEVER miss any Kings game that's aired. I usually follow online scores and of course, always check in at KingsFans.com! :) Even if I haven't been a fan for as long as most of you have been, I just really LOVE this team!

My Answer Isn't There ...

Hi, my name is Al and I am a SPORTS ADDICT (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL, Tennis, Golf, Olympics, etc ... etc ..)

I support/root for/defend the teams that are within driving distance ... not to exceed a 3-hour drive - one way.

I go to games when I can afford them or FREE !!!

I am a HUGE KINGS FAN ...
I watch all the games that are televised, if available.
If not available, I'll listen on radio.
If neither is feasible .... I get caught-up with a newspaper or on the internet.
I hate it when I'm back East and I don't have internet access ... and because it's a home game, it may not make the newpaper till a day and a half later.

You get the idea ... anyhow ... I need help !!!

I marked "style of play made me watch Kings" and "watch every game on league pass". I didn't mark diehard go to every game cause I can't afford that, but I do go to several games during the year plus a couple of playoffs.:D

I am the drunken fan at ARCO. 1 2.22%

Fillmoe, good one; I'd be the same, if I ever were there. :D

I love the Kings style of play, which led me to watching them play. 21 46.7%

Many fans... this one leds to another question, whose reply was 'yes':

Would you be still the Kings fan, if they change their style of play?

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Where's "I paid for a custom made 'Ellison' jersey the day after the draft"?

I suppose a better question is: WHEN did you become a Kings fan?

For me it was the day we knew there would BE Sacramento Kings. Of course, I have to admit that at the time (I was seven or eight) my walls were covered in Laker posters. Mostly Magic Johnson.

And yet, after all these years, I wonder if maybe it's time for me to stop being a Kings fan altogether.

Last edited:
funkykingston said:
And yet, after all these years, I wonder if maybe it's time for me to stop being a Kings fan altogether.

There's never a time for that. Stay positive. I'm a long time fan myself and understand the occasional urge to leave the fold. If we were able to make it through those first years, we can make it through this!!!! To quote Arnold, "We'll be back!"

i voted for watch occasionally becuase there wasn't a perfect choice for me.

i watch every game that's aired on national television ( that i can) i can't afford league pass, so i should find a BF who has it ( according to brick :D) and who also likes the kings. ( also according to brick :D)

i LOVE the kings!!!! money is tight right now, i'm still waiting for my first trip to arco, hopefully this winter. i did manage to make it to a game in oakland V the warriors last season which was FUN! i was there with a ton of king nation, and i was LOUD!

i wear my kings shirt or my bibby jersey when i'm watching the games on TV. i used to be able to kinda sorta get KHTK when i lived in san mateo, but ever since i moved to the city ( SF) the reception is all static now which is a real bummer. thankfully i have the PBP and game thread that i can follow ( thank you VF21 and piksi!!!!!!! and all contributors to the game thread)

gawd this site is so awesome! now if only TDOS would END!!!!!!! gotta thave the kings back, i'm going NUTS without them, even more so now that the giants are complete and utter CRAP! ( which i am still watching/listening to everynight of the week LOL!)

GO KINGS!!!!!!!!!!

Evenstar said:
i wear my kings shirt or my bibby jersey when i'm watching the games on TV !!!!!!!!
I do the same thing, wearing my Bibby jersey whenever a game is on TV. I'm not supersticious :confused: ; but it always happens that they lose when I wear it, so I'd wait till the 4th quarter when they lead for good :).

O

ONEZERO

I watch whatever games are nationally telivised, or in some cases "regionally" telivised, but you know what I mean. I guess you could put me under, "saw their great play and love for basketball in 98-99, which led me to becoming a diehard kings fan".

uolj said:
How about:
  • I've been a Kings fan for many years and I'll always be one.
  • I would go to or watch every game if I had the time and money.
  • I'm from Sacramento, so I root for my hometown team.
I would pick those.
Me too.

funkykingston said:
Where's "I paid for a custom made 'Ellison' jersey the day after the draft"?
I was 14 and I wanted to. I thought we were championship bound with that draft!:(

I'd go to Arco if I could and don't have League pass but every game that's on tv, I watch or at least tape and watch the next morning. They're only in Atlanta once or twice a year and I'm there. If money permits I might venture to Charlotte and watch them there, it's only 4 hours away.
I chose style of play b/c that's what really attracted me at first (and C-Webb:D) but even if it changed I'd still be a fan. On the chance that sometime we might become a defensive team:eek: I'd still be a Kings fan. I should have checked more than one box but had already voted when I realised we could do that. I also like Bibby and hate the Lakers (that's a prerequisite isn't it?);)

It's my dream to make it to Sac and Arco (if it's still there) one day. I wear my jerseys with pride when I'm off work and druing the playoffs tried to wear one to work but my boss frowned on that. Oh well I tried.