What Kings players are saying...

Yep, I was there. It was the look on the other teams faces that was worth the price of admission. As you said the crowd started roaring so loud you couldn't hear yourself think, and that was before the Kings even came out onto the floor. The other team was looking around trying to figure out what the hell was going on. Those were great times, and their coming again!

I was there that night too. What made it even better was the team coming off that huge upset win over the Sonics in game 2. I think that ramped up the energy and excitement by a few notches.

Correct me if I’m wrong, as it’s been a long time and I’m too lazy to look it up but I believe that was also the game Mitch got hurt and didn’t return. Or was that in game 4? Regardless, I recall the energy being sucked out of the crowd late in the game be it wearing ourselves out and/or Richmond’s injury.

The 2 loudest crowds I’ve been a part of was that Sonics Game 3 and Game 3 of the ‘99 series with Utah — specifically when Todd Fuller went the FT late and then once the KINGS won it and had the Jazz facing elimination. I was hugged by almost every KINGS fan I came across in leaving ARCO that night.

I was there that night too. What made it even better was the team coming off that huge upset win over the Sonics in game 2. I think that ramped up the energy and excitement by a few notches.

Correct me if I’m wrong, as it’s been a long time and I’m too lazy to look it up but I believe that was also the game Mitch got hurt and didn’t return. Or was that in game 4? Regardless, I recall the energy being sucked out of the crowd late in the game be it wearing ourselves out and/or Richmond’s injury.

The 2 loudest crowds I’ve been a part of was that Sonics Game 3 and Game 3 of the ‘99 series with Utah — specifically when Todd Fuller went the FT late and then once the KINGS won it and had the Jazz facing elimination. I was hugged by almost every KINGS fan I came across in leaving ARCO that night.
Turned his ankle. Think it was in the 3rd.