What doesn't kill you...

with all the changes, the finals is a dream this year. the good news is that dream can be realized next year. more PT together with this group, a healthy bobby, brad and peja, this team could be in the mix next year. being undersized is happening more and more, check out the sonics, suns, the east ( no counting miami)

given time to gel, play better D, the kings are gonna be alright.

piksi said:
It might sound pathetic but it sure beats R. Horry poping up in my dreams
Not to be a spelling-nazi but it could change the meaning of your statement...you either need another "p" or another "o"....not sure which one is more appropriate really...

piksi

Hall of Famer
skeletor8 said:
Not to be a spelling-nazi but it could change the meaning of your statement...you either need another "p" or another "o"....not sure which one is more appropriate really...
While I have misspelled the word (which happenes ofeten by pretty much anybody who tries to type quickly and doesn't check it - I am pretty sure that the meaning of my post is obvious.
Maybe this is just not an appropriate site for Your phantasies

what's gonna kill me is a Bibby injury...(cross fingers)..well looking at the bright side with the Brad Miler injury, the Kings standings would more likely slip down from 5th to 6th and Houston taking the 5th seed. If this happens we get Sonics in the first round which for me is more beatable than Spurs,Sonics and even Dallas. Now with the addition of Skinner,Thomas and Williamson we can for sure match their big frontcourt assuming Kings don't let Sonics shooters shoot the lights out for the series we might pull off an upset. Anything is possible from then on, with Peja getting back to old form (he said he's feeling better now after the Rockets game),and Bmiller back in the fold and hopefully BJackson. All in all, still feels better knowing Kings will definitely improve this offseason.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
rexb_kings said:
what's gonna kill me is a Bibby injury...(cross fingers)..well looking at the bright side with the Brad Miler injury, the Kings standings would more likely slip down from 5th to 6th and Houston taking the 5th seed. If this happens we get Sonics in the first round which for me is more beatable than Spurs,Sonics and even Dallas. Now with the addition of Skinner,Thomas and Williamson we can for sure match their big frontcourt assuming Kings don't let Sonics shooters shoot the lights out for the series we might pull off an upset. Anything is possible from then on, with Peja getting back to old form (he said he's feeling better now after the Rockets game),and Bmiller back in the fold and hopefully BJackson. All in all, still feels better knowing Kings will definitely improve this offseason.
Oh good. Tempt the basketball gods with talk of another injury.

Dude, EVERYBODY is on pins and needles hoping against hope nothing else happens. Why do you think you actually need to say it?

I'll tell you what. Goldschlager and El Duque agree: this will strengthen the bench and have Brad rested for the playoffs. You just watch and see. :D

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
piksi said:
and they still suck
I wouldn't be so quick to play that smug card right about now. The Lakers are a team in transition. They will be back. We are also now a team in transition. Right now, it could well end up a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

piksi

Hall of Famer
VF21 said:
I wouldn't be so quick to play that smug card right about now. The Lakers are a team in transition. They will be back. We are also now a team in transition. Right now, it could well end up a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Well, for me - Lakers will always be Lakers in a worst kind of way.

I have nothing nice to say about them ever. - That might be just me but it is what it is

piksi said:
Well, for me - Lakers will always be Lakers in a worst kind of way.

I have nothing nice to say about them ever. - That might be just me but it is what it is
wow...bitter bitter bitter to the very end, eh?! the lakers are an organization that has seen a lot of success over the years. i agree that it serves them right to miss the playoffs this season, but i cant deny the fact that in the 80's and late-90's they were playing some of the best basketball the world has ever seen. the kings-lakers WCF in 2002 was one of the best non-finals playoff series in the history of the nba. i believe the kings were equal to the lakers that year, and the lakers were a damn good team. kobe and shaq were playing together, *****-fest aside, and the role players were performing at the tops of their games. i dont know if i would consider what i'm saying "nice" or not, but i certainly do believe it.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have loved this game of basketball for over 40 years. During that whole time, I have not enjoyed any rivalry (including high school and college) as much as I did that with the Lakers. I would love nothing more than to see us get to that point again somewhere down the road.

This isn't Red Star Partizan. Our hatred isn't so blind that we cannot give credit where credit is due.

That's my three cents, for whatever it's worth...

Ugh! The Kings must lead the league in untimely injuries! It wouldn't suprise me if the Kings beat the Sonics in the first round, but then what? At some point, there are too many "ifs" to account for: IF Miller can come back at full strentgh, IF Bobby can come back and be effective, IF Peja can find his "happy place" without Big Brother Vlade around......and to think there was a time when I used to tell people to "break a leg", that was before I became a Kings fan.

I just hate anything with LA in it. Time to let that town drift into the sea.

Also we are now IMO 100% counting on Peja. Seeing how he has played so far this year my hopes are not so good for our chances this year. The Miller injury as I said the other day hurts us in so many ways. I think the Rockets game just showed a little of where we needed a scoring center.

Skinner has been a great surprise but doesn't match up well against the top Centers in the league.

piksi said:
I will die believing that we were better team
Ditto^. Everything they have experienced (including that incredible embarassing collapse against Detroit last year in the Finals) is just Karma for how they won in 2002 and then had the audacity to talk trash about it. They are reaping what they sowed thats all.