What Deal Would You Make for Otto Porter?

What deal(s) would you make in exchange for Otto Porter at the trade deadline?

• Expirings

• Expirings & Cauley-Stein

• Expirings & Labissiere

• Expirings & Jackson

• Expirings, Cauley-Stein, & Labissiere

• Expirings, Cauley-Stein, & Jackson

• Expirings, Labissiere, & Jackson

• Expirings, Cauley-Stein, Labissiere, & Jackson

• Other

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.
Save the defensive rating stats. As I said, Shumpert, in my opinion, is capable of playing better defense than Porter, especially against smaller SF’s, thus the comment about maybe not bigger SF’s. I addressed that

Bottom line, Porter and his contract is not worth the potential bump we may get from his production. That is a bad contract.

Not going to get anywhere in the playoffs with Shump? Listen, we can obtain Porter, but are you trying to tell me that we are going to get somewhere with Porter this year? Otto Porter is going to stop George and Durant? That is one hell of an expensive risk and most likely a first round exit if we did make the playoffs. So why make that move. Just my 2 cents on Porter.

While I agree with all the others that Porter is superior to 'Scores' in every way (I acknowledge you were only referring to defense on smaller wings), I side with you in believing the upgrade isn't worth the $$. I just have never been all that high on Otto Porter as others are. But I don't want the KINGS chasing Harrison Barnes either. Rome wasn't built in a day. There's no reason to get antsy and swing for the fences this early in the rebuild. A big mistake could be made that way.

The KINGS have a load of good players on rookie deals and have cap space to pay them should they choose to as their deals come up for renewal. I don't want to see them eat up their cap for a perceived upgrade that isn't going to drastically move the needle. Porter is a nice player, but not worthy of disrupting the plan Vlade and Co. seem to have in place.

I realize the KINGS don't have a 1st round pick this season, but there's always FA and the following draft. Or they can find a way to acquire a meaningful pick in this upcoming draft. Outside of that, I'd prefer to see them stand pat and allow the player development to continue as is. They are already winning playing their hand that way.

dude12

Hall of Famer
While I agree with all the others that Porter is superior to 'Scores' in every way (I acknowledge you were only referring to defense on smaller wings), I side with you in believing the upgrade isn't worth the $$. I just have never been all that high on Otto Porter as others are. But I don't want the KINGS chasing Harrison Barnes either. Rome wasn't built in a day. There's no reason to get antsy and swing for the fences this early in the rebuild. A big mistake could be made that way.

The KINGS have a load of good players on rookie deals and have cap space to pay them should they choose to as their deals come up for renewal. I don't want to see them eat up their cap for a perceived upgrade that isn't going to drastically move the needle. Porter is a nice player, but not worthy of disrupting the plan Vlade and Co. seem to have in place.

I realize the KINGS don't have a 1st round pick this season, but there's always FA and the following draft. Or they can find a way to acquire a meaningful pick in this upcoming draft. Outside of that, I'd prefer to see them stand pat and allow the player development to continue as is. They are already winning playing their hand that way.
Don’t get me wrong....I like Porter way better than Barnes.

I feel as though the idea of Porter on the Kings is being way, way sensationalized. Yes, solid role player. But the contract is a big negative. I don’t think his production would be much better than what we are getting from the 3 guys we are floating out there. Wizards are in cap hell.

Is Porter better defensively than Shump? I don’t think so. Maybe when we get to bigger SF’s but generally I don’t think so. Is Porter a better offensive player than Bogi? I don’t see it. He is better than JJ but when JJ is playing well, is Porter really so much better that it justifies taking that contract?

I take my chances that WCS gets a reasonable contract in the Summer, try and sign Bojan. And there we go.
Yes significantly.

Also, yes, signficantly.

Despite the complete dumpster fire that the Wizards have been, he's still putting up really strong numbers on both ends of the floor. He's also had to work back from injury this year, which he struggled a bit with. Basically he's an analytics star where he might not always be putting up numbers, but the team is always better with him on the floor.

I cant think of a better player in the entire NBA who would fit with this core more perfectly than Otto. He checks every box that we need on this team and then some. His contract doesn't interfere with the Fox max and Giles extension.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Yes significantly.

Also, yes, signficantly.

Despite the complete dumpster fire that the Wizards have been, he's still putting up really strong numbers on both ends of the floor. He's also had to work back from injury this year, which he struggled a bit with. Basically he's an analytics star where he might not always be putting up numbers, but the team is always better with him on the floor.

I cant think of a better player in the entire NBA who would fit with this core more perfectly than Otto. He checks every box that we need on this team and then some. His contract doesn't interfere with the Fox max and Giles extension.
By then the cap will be over $110 mil anyway

Entity

Hall of Famer
Have you seen the movie where she says "look it up"? It's called Google. You should find plenty of confirmation of my statement there.
He did say he wanted to keep his big 3 together. But has not said it since Wall went down for the rest of this season and all of next season

there is no quote from Ted after the Wall Injury news today regarding not trading Porter Or Sacramento

I did "look it up"

I did find a quote from
https://clutchpoints.com/wizards-ru...e-trio-john-wall-bradley-beal-otto-porter-jr/

that says :
Rival executives have noticed as much in recent talks with the organization.
“They’re not budging,” one executive told Sean Deveney of Sporting News. “Maybe they’d deal Porter, but they want a star-type player back, and that’s not happening.”​
Porter would make the most sense to unload as a salary dump, as teams like the Detroit Pistons and Sacramento Kings have looked at him as a potential piece to the puzzle.

that is how one is suppose to "Link" a rumor that you post on this Board

So Where is your link that says Ted Commented "Today" Re Porter

All I find is 4-5 day old reposts that he said he wont Trade the core 3

Yes significantly.

Also, yes, signficantly.

I think he's overpaid and if the Kings were in any sort of situation other than the one they're in right now, I'd say pass on him. But since they have the cap space and he's not going to interfere with signing the younger players, I say go for it. Like you said, outside of landing a star at the position, he's the best possible player we could hope for. Low usage, elite shooter, good defender and checks off a bunch of needs that the Kings have. Super Shump basically.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Have you seen the movie where she says "look it up"? It's called Google. You should find plenty of confirmation of my statement there.
Don't be that guy. That's lazy. If you are putting it out there, throw up a link. Or if you saw it on a show, say what show and when. Don't make others do the work to verify your statement.

It's not that hard to do a freaking copy-paste, is it?

I selected WCS and expirings, but honestly at this point I just want a trade of any kind. I want us to do SOMETHING. We need a SF, Otto or someone else. Let's get it done at a reasonable cost.
Yeah Bullock or Harris would have worked. Not sure free agency or trades is Vlade’s strong suit. Bjelicia and Ferrell sort of fell into our laps.

That is a salary dump where the Wiz have an option to extend Portis. I don't see how the Kings salary dump + Skal (or even Willie) isn't equal or better.

Either the Wiz were asking for Willie and the Kings thought that was too much. (A mistake by Kings.) OR the Wiz wanted Bogi in which I'd say no to the Wiz as well.

Which means the KINGS agreed with fans like me that Porter (and his contract) wasn't worth it.
The Wiz got a 2023 2nd round draft pick in addition to Portis and Parker. Not exactly a tremendous haul.
They traded him for spare parts and we easily could have offered better. He is the perfect fit for us at SF and was obtainable.

There are more of the fan base that see this as a missed opportunity particularly now that the cost to acquire him is know then those that dont.

On its face, I’d point to another possible reason why I want Vlade let go... I have to hear the story behind it

I’m going to assume he’s been playing worse than expected lately with injury or we have something better in the pipeline

I think y'all are undervaluing Bobby Portis. Admittedly, I don't know his game.. But he's a 23 year old near 7 footer putting up 14 an 7 with 45/38/78 shooting splits.

Maybe I am wrong (won't be the first nor the last time) but I get the feeling that we offered Wizards the package for Porter that we offered Mavs for Barnes and they turned it down in favor of the Bulls deal.

Wash wanted Parker, Portis because they got two good players to help them in their playoff push, not to save money.
they still made moves to get out of tax hell, and yes Parker/Portis > WCS

Wash made the right call

Vlade got Barnes for cap space and JJ!

So Im good