What could the future (rest of this season) hold for the Kings?

“Sacramento came out of the All-Star break seven games out of the race. In five contests, they've picked up four games in the standings.“

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kings-takeaways-learned-gritty-104-034426030.html

thought this little detail was important. With under 30 games left the kings chances of making the playoffs or even getting to .500 seemed impossible or very improbable. But they seemed to catch up a bit in a short amount of time. It’s still a tall task and games like the okc game or other “scheduled losses” need to be won, but if we keep up our play, we can gain more ground faster than once thought. (With some help from other teams)

The Pels schedule is ridiculously easy down the stretch and they are playing well. They are the team I’m most concerned about at this point.
That and I fully expect the NBA to send a ref crew of Scott Foster, Joey Crawford and Dick Bavetta for our two games against the Pels.
I am sure NBA would love a Zion vs Lebron matchup in the first round

In all seriousness, I think a run into the 8th is possible, given that we still have a combination of winnable games and games vs. those fighting in and around the last spot.
I wouldn't say that we control our own destiny, but the situation doesn't look as dire as it did 10 games ago.

Twice. Those will be CRITICAL games. As mentioned by other posters the Pels schedule down the stretch is pretty soft.
Quite critical. Looking at the next 10 games our schedule are quite similar though. If we are serious we will have to be even or ahead of them after the next 10

They have

Lakers, Twolves twice, Heat, Mavs, Jazz, Clips, Hawks, Spurs, Kings

We have

Pistons, Wiz, 76ers, Blazers, Nets, Mavs, Raps, Pels, Rockets, Magic

Quite critical. Looking at the next 10 games our schedule are quite similar though. If we are serious we will have to be even or ahead of them after the next 10

They have

We have

I have a feeling that they could possibly lose the games against Mavs, Jazz, Heat, Clips

They have

We have

right but after that Clips game the Pels play only one team (Philly) with a winning record. The will impact the 8th seed as they pay SA twice, Memphis twice and us twice.

They have

We have

Pels most likely 6-4, we need to go 8-2 and have to beat the Pels.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Memphis is following the Joerger Kings model all the way down to blowing huge leads in the 4th quarter. Also Lebron remains the most physically imposing player in the league

Portland lost so we are now tied with them, but if the spurs beat the magic they will leap us and portland tonight.

Spurs up 4 points headed to fourth.

According to the website prediction--- https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nba-predictions/

, the Pelicans make the Playoffs @ 41 wins. So for fun, assuming correct, and taking into consideration ,the Kings would need to win about 41 games, or maybe 42 to eclipse them. Lets say 42 -so the Kings are going to have to go 17-6,. But Lets say they win the tie-breaker with Pelicans - would mean they could afford another loss so 16-7. That's still ~ 70% winning percentage.

Is there any chance of getting Bagley and Holmes back within a couple weeks to shore up the front line? Its likely to be by then it wouldn't matter anyway. Fox with a shoulder ailment really puts a damper on tangible prospects. He has to be playing all games out for any chance - which went up to 7% btw. :)

According to the website prediction--- https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nba-predictions/

, the Pelicans make the Playoffs @ 41 wins. So for fun, assuming correct, and taking into consideration ,the Kings would need to win about 41 games, or maybe 42 to eclipse them. Lets say 42 -so the Kings are going to have to go 17-6,. But Lets say they win the tie-breaker with Pelicans - would mean they could afford another loss so 16-7. That's still ~ 70% winning percentage.

Is there any chance of getting Bagley and Holmes back within a couple weeks to shore up the front line? Its likely to be by then it wouldn't matter anyway. Fox with a shoulder ailment really puts a damper on tangible prospects. He has to be playing all games out for any chance - which went up to 7% btw. :)
I honestly don’t think Bagley helps us win this year. The team is winning on defense, good fundamental things like screens and ball movement. Bagley hurts all three of those things significantly.