What are you listening to right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
R.E.M. - Disturbance at the Heron House

I really liked the version of this that they did on MTV Unplugged.

A friend of mine converted the audio from an old VCR tape to MP3 and burned me a copy, but the quality is obviously not great. I wished they'd done as every other artist after Eric Clapton and recorded the show for an official release.

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
What do you think of the new album?

I'm a huge Blackalicious fan, so I'm hardly objective, but I like it a lot.

Unlike most fans, I liked Blazing Arrow more than Nia. I still haven't decided how The Craft compares.

F

Fillmoe

funkykingston said:

Unlike most fans, I liked Blazing Arrow more than Nia. I still haven't decided how The Craft compares.
i really liked it....... not as much as nia.. but its growing on me

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
My James Jamerson playlist:

"For Once in My Life", "My Girl", "I Can't Help Myself", "Reach Out I'll Be There", "You Keep Me Hangin' On", "Heard It Through the Grapevine" and the entire "What's Going On" album.

James played on more #1 pop hits (29) than the Beatles.

He's the man.

Finally bought Fiona Apple's new relase 'Extraordinary Machine'. Haven't heard the whole album yet, but I like what I have heard so far. Very different from 'Tidal'. I think 'Get Him Back' is my favorite track so far, very catchy. The title track is my least favorite. Just a sound that is too different, and her vocal inflections are not pleasant sounding.

HUSTLER'S AMBITION by 50 (I must admit THIS is how all of 50's songs should sound like not that cheap, generic sell out crap he had on the Massacre--I know this song is on the Get Rich or Die tryin movie soundtrack IMO it has the same appeal as Eminem's Lose Yourself had on the 8 mile movie soundtrack)

followed by...

Testify by Common

and then...

If its lovin that you want by Rihanna

F

Fillmoe

banging Mac Dre all dam day today! marks the 1 year anniversary of his death...... RIP Mac Dre!

side note....... optimus whats ur fav mf doom album? i always thought operation doomsday was an underground classic.....

T

thesanityannex

funkykingston said:

at first, i thought the craft was so-so. the main reason i think was the stereo i first heard it on. once i got in my car (2 jbl 12" woofers) all was well. this album has really grown on me.

anyone checked out atmosphere's new album? heard some good stuff about it. seven's travels was just weak!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.