Welcome Jordan McLaughlin

Yo, this guy is underrated. This is a solid pick up. His defense is exceptional, he can shoot 3s. His court vision and passing skills is already miles ahead of Davion Mitchell. He's a true PG. I think this signing is for insurance in case Carter or Colby Jones didn't pan out or injured. This guy seems to do everything well...amazing court awareness when he has the ball in his hand...know the game and know how to win.

Actually, I would not be surprise if he took over the role of Carter or Jones due to experience. He's that good!

Last edited:
Nice pickup. Perfect fit for your 3rd point guard. Will not be part of the rotation or get any regular minutes. He is there to earn the minimum and play in blowouts or perhaps if there is an injury, and also another competent point guard to allow you to scrimmage and run scout work in practices. He fills the Jordan Ford role from last year and the Delly role from the year before. We were always going to add another point guard, and probably will add another center in the same vein. Probably adding one more minimum wing as well (backing up Huerter or whoever we trade Huerter for).

Glad this is a guy who will understand his role and won't be a malcontent when he doesn't get regular playing time. I saw some people saying that they wish this had gone to Mason Jones, but I like the idea of having an actual NBA PG on your bench in case of emergencies.

Fox/Carter/McLaughlin
Keon/Monk/Jones
DDR/Huerter (or trade)/???
Keegan/Lyles/McDaniels
Sabonis/Len/????

I don't really get the move... I mean the Kings apart from Fox obviously they have several players that can be used as point guards. Monk, Keon, Carter and Colby, the first two are mostly "2s", about Carter I don't really know to be honest which is his "best" position.
Minnesota in the playoffs at least were using NAW and Kyle Anderson mostly as reserve point guards when Conley was absent or at the bench with McLaughlin playing only when there were no other options.
I agree with those above that would vote for Mason Jones (and his amazing lost kilos story that was mentioned today and got "buried" with the whole DDR arrival that everyone talks about, which makes total sense, super exciting news) and we could even have another Jordan on the team... Ford that also fits the 3rd point guard standards.
From the remaining free agents there were Fultz, Lowry,Beverly, Payne, Graham but I doubt that any of them would settle for the "3rd pg" role in the team even accepting minimum wage. I don't even mention Tyus Jones ofc that should get paid more and play more at the same time.

I am glad that this deal was announced after DDR cause if it had been before it would have been quite awkward.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Hey, why not. Let's sign two former Trojans on the same day so they can share a press conference. J-Mac is probably only a training camp invite at this point but we do typically carry a third PG on the roster even if they rarely play and McLaughlin was a low minute superstar in Minnesota last season -- 47% from three and excellent defense is probably what made him pop to Monte and staff. A lot can happen between now and October but as of this moment that last bench spot is his to lose.

Eh, I dunno. But it's always a good idea to fill out the end of your bench with an emergency ball handler. Colby Jones is a 2/3, so we still need that 3rd PG type at the end of the bench.

I could also see a competition between him and Mason Jones for that role.
Yep Jones has to step up and play D

Mason Jones was super impressive last night. The work he did on his body is incredible and he looked very explosive. Excited to see how he looks vs better comp. Because man, his feel is just so good. Dime after Dime feeding guys all night
Let see when he plays tougher teams. I hope he succeeds. Was our team the best SL team ever or was China that bad?

dude12

Hall of Famer
I’m sure Monte and brass took notice of Mason Jones last night and I agree, he needs to go against better competition for some proper evaluation but he looked very good. Explosive, great passing skills, shot looked good and looked good on D. But need to see him matched up with better comp.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I don’t think he’s a training camp invite and make good…..think he’s better than that but haven’t seen contract details