Welcome De'Aaron Fox!!

I was about to start this same thread!!! You beat me to it!!!

I'm so stoked right now. All Fox needs to do is back up our blind belief in his NBA potential. I think he will. There are bound to be some tough times ahead during his rookie season, but give him time.

The local media is gonna love interviewing this kid.

Taken from bleacher report:

5. Sacramento Kings: Kentucky PG De'Aaron Fox (A)

This is the best pick of the entire draft, as the Kings get a player at No. 5 who could very well be seen as the No. 1 player from the class of 2017 down the line.

Fox has as much potential as anyone else picked this year. On offense, Fox is a great ball-handler who can drive to the rim with ease. On defense, he's tenacious. And it seems like he's done nothing but say and do all the right things since he stepped foot in Lexington. No one in the draft may have better intangibles than him.

Fox will immediately become the Kings' starting point guard. There will be some growing pains with this being such a young team, but Fox has Hall of Fame potential.

One can't help but wonder if the Kings-Lakers rivalry from the early 2000s will be renewed with Fox and Ball in the same division.

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Lakers are gonna rue the day they passed on De'Aaron Fox, he's the best left-handed PG I ever saw play HS ball.

I really can't stress enough how good this kid is and is going to be. Parents this is the player to get your kids the jersey for, he's as "can't miss" of a PG prospect as you'll see in many years and they got him with the 5th pick!!!!

Fox at #5 is the steal of the draft. Great kid too.

"The General" has landed. He's the player this franchise needs.

De'Aaron Fox is now the fastest player in the NBA going to his left..

He doesn't just have speed, he's explosive, he's agile, he's quick as a cat, and he's got EXTREME acceleration from a stand-still.
This is why I'm not as concerned about him succeeding in the NBA as some other people are. Imagine a guy with that type of agility and explosiveness with knock-down shooters like buddy and Jackson on either side. Or him getting on a Fastbreak with Willie on one side and Skal on the other... WOW!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
This is why I'm not as concerned about him succeeding in the NBA as some other people are. Imagine a guy with that type of agility and explosiveness with knock-down shooters like buddy and Jackson on either side. Or him getting on a Fastbreak with Willie on one side and Skal on the other... WOW!
Hell, imagine him running off of Papa Greek Peak Monster Screens.

He can put the defense on their heels and he doesn't need to waste dribbles/shotclock to do it. Knockdown shooters like Buddy and Skal will benefit greatly from this, he represents the other side of the "floor spacer" equation, he provides time and space in a different way, stretching the defense by causing it to collapse.. On the break he and Willie will be moving at warp speed!!

He's gonna be a revolution!!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Incredible pick. Poise, talent, character and MOST IMPORTANTLY he really wanted to be a Sacramento King. I can't quit smiling about this pick. I'm fond of Kentucky players anyway, but this kid just seems to fill all the boxes. Welcome to Sacramento, Mr. Fox. This IS the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

#GoKings