Welcome Bruno Caboclo

Looking forward to seeing this guy. Makes me feel a lot better about the malachi deal after seeingvthis is a high ceiling young prospect for the end of the bench.

If nothing else throwing Bruno Mars out there for 20-25 MPG can help us shift the tank into overdrive. ;)

He has an extraordinary physical profile but a 33% three point shooter with his length and accuracy should not be launching 7 three pointers per game. Why is he settling for threes so much? This needs to be addressed and corrected immediately. He needs to attack the rim more and shoot threes a lot less and up his scoring efficiency from woeful.

I can see Bruno becoming a preferred target for Boggy with his go-go gadget arms. Bruno is the exact type of player we need. A front line player with a faceup game. I anticipate he will be giving every chance to resurrect his floundering career.

Welcome Bruno! Go to work young man! you need to show coach you are worth the backup minutes behind JJ, then shine in the backup minutes so you can earn a qualifing offer at 3.5 mil? You can do it!!

Coach I only want to see Justin and Bruno at SF the rest of the year!! If All Healthy:

Starters Fox,BB8,JJ,WCS,Zbo
Bench Mason,Buddy,Bruno,Skal,Kosta

Sitting Shump,Temple,Carter,Giles

I think Toronto was hoping for a Giannis ateal(Milwaukee hit on Giannis just a year before). A 3 with that length could be invaluable if he works hard defensively and can hit open jumper consistently. Maybe Toronto being win now for the foreseeable future just punted him and went with a project with a couple more years left. Or they just saw that it wasn’t going to happen for him.

I guess no harm done. Malachi was clearly odd man out with Bogdan and Buddy. Papagiannis is similar to Bruno but the league is trending more to a Bruno style.

Here's a four year old scouting report on him. Richardson had no place on this roster, so essentially you're substituting one project two-guard for one project three. I have no problem with that.
This was my feeling. This trade doesn't really bother me at all. These guys seem like similar prospects and we're trading one from our glut of SGs for a SF/PF type that I think we need.

I think Toronto was hoping for a Giannis ateal(Milwaukee hit on Giannis just a year before). A 3 with that length could be invaluable if he works hard defensively and can hit open jumper consistently. Maybe Toronto being win now for the foreseeable future just punted him and went with a project with a couple more years left. Or they just saw that it wasn’t going to happen for him.

I guess no harm done. Malachi was clearly odd man out with Bogdan and Buddy. Papagiannis is similar to Bruno but the league is trending more to a Bruno style.
From Toronto's perspective, they probably liked that Malachi was more "ready" now if they needed the emergency minutes, he's probably a bigger need for their depth and he has 2 and a half years left on his very cheap rookie deal.

He and Malachi are the same age.
Yes but people who have seen both play say Toronto got the much better part of that deal. Malachi moves to his more natural 2 position and the Kings get a long athletic player with poor basketball IQ. Should be interesting watching he and Skal on the court together

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Here's a four year old scouting report on him. Richardson had no place on this roster, so essentially you're substituting one project two-guard for one project three. I have no problem with that.
Am I missing something? Where's the scouting report?

Time out for the picking of the nits.

Gerald Wallace couldn't find his way onto the floor with the playoff Kings because he was lazy, unfocused and had the work ethic of Jeff Spicoli. When he was exposed for the expansion draft, it was a hit upside his head. He went to Charlotte and got his stuff together.

End picking of the nits.
Hilarious and true! Nice one VF!

You know this Young Fella has some interesting defensive stats in the G League. For what it is worth he has been a G League top 10 defender the last 2 seasons. Averaging 1.6 blocks and 1.3 steals while playing 30 minutes per game this season--> https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/players/c/cabocbr01d.html

I like his upside, here are highlights of a recent game:

Nice to hear about his defense he should use that to make his way up with his wingspan that’s something he can parlay to the league.

How is is wingspan 7’7” that’s bigger than guys like Anthony Davis and Porzingis.

And please Joerger give the kid minutes the rest of the year build his confidence.

I really hope the Kings extend a qualifying offer to him this summer.

It would be a bad situation if this kid doesn't show enough to warrant a qulaifying offer, to see what he can do next year after a full training camp.

I don't mind taking the chance on him but the odds are very low of him becoming even a rotational player. His 3 point shot has been very consistent in the G League. 33% for 4 years straight. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a stat line like that. Now that's not a good percentage but it's not a lost cause percentage either. His shot looks goofy to me so I don't see it improving much unless he tweaks it.

What's more concerning is his 2pt% because it's terrible. He's going to need to develop more efficient ways to score rather than just using the "meh" jumpshot that he has. Hopefully the coaching staff can develop him because he has some crazy freaky measurements and has already shown the ability to defend. Just needs to develop into a non liability on the offensive end. Should be interesting.

I do remember his name being brought up by a couple people here this offseason so you guys should be pretty excited about him.

You know this Young Fella has some interesting defensive stats in the G League. For what it is worth he has been a G League top 10 defender the last 2 seasons. Averaging 1.6 blocks and 1.3 steals while playing 30 minutes per game this season--> https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/players/c/cabocbr01d.html

I like his upside, here are highlights of a recent game:

OK, I'm a believer. He has some upside and we should give him a real opportunity. The same could be said for Sampson, though.