Welcome back, Bogs!

This is the BOGI I know we have! Just needs to bring it back to a consistent basis.
You know what I didn’t see in those highlights. Over dribbling til there’s less than 5 secs on the shot clock and shooting a step back 3. I always thought bogie’s shot was good when he spots up. And always loved his judgment of when to pass or shoot in pick n rolls. Love seeing him go back to what works and what made us all fawn over him his first season.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm not buying into Bogs' resurrection from the dead just yet. It takes more than a handful of games. I'd rather look at his entire body of work to make any judgments about his future with the Kings. I've got to at least see half a season where he fairly consistently looks good. Sure, I'm all for him playing well in these last few, but I don't draw any conclusions from it.

There is something that Kayte said last night in the postgame. She said that Bogs has learned to adapt his game to the uptempo Kings and that's why she's seen his game improve over the last few. I totally disagree. I think she's got it completely backwards. The last few games the Kings have not played uptempo. The Kings certainly did not win against the Spurs because of pace. The Kings game has slowed demonstrable coming down the end of this season. If tempo is one ingredient in Bogs' success or lack thereof, then in this case the Kings game has adapted itself to Bogs' game rather than vice versa. Why has the Kings' tempo decreased? Fatigue? Coach's decision? Joerger did say he was going to try some different things. Regardless, if the slower tempo Kings has upped the asset value of Bogs, I'm all for it coming down the stretch.

I'm not buying into Bogs' resurrection from the dead just yet. It takes more than a handful of games. I'd rather look at his entire body of work to make any judgments about his future with the Kings. I've got to at least see half a season where he fairly consistently looks good. Sure, I'm all for him playing well in these last few, but I don't draw any conclusions from it.

There is something that Kayte said last night in the postgame. She said that Bogs has learned to adapt his game to the uptempo Kings and that's why she's seen his game improve over the last few. I totally disagree. I think she's got it completely backwards. The last few games the Kings have not played uptempo. The Kings certainly did not win against the Spurs because of pace. The Kings game has slowed demonstrable coming down the end of this season. If tempo is one ingredient in Bogs' success or lack thereof, then in this case the Kings game has adapted itself to Bogs' game rather than vice versa. Why has the Kings' tempo decreased? Fatigue? Coach's decision? Joerger did say he was going to try some different things. Regardless, if the slower tempo Kings has upped the asset value of Bogs, I'm all for it coming down the stretch.
Interesting view. Pop had some good quotes where he alluded to our pace post game. In any case perhaps we will pick and choose when we push it next season.

Im not for tailoring style to players. Bogi needs to adapt to us rather than vice versa but it is what it is. Lets evaluate with some time

Interesting view. Pop had some good quotes where he alluded to our pace post game. In any case perhaps we will pick and choose when we push it next season.

Im not for tailoring style to players. Bogi needs to adapt to us rather than vice versa but it is what it is. Lets evaluate with some time
Why wouldn’t you tailor style of play to your players. Both Bogs and Giles excel in a half court hi-IQ game. Their greatest strengths are between their ears. Fox and Bagley are best in a high paced up and down game as they have other world athleticism. It’s up to Joeger to find a way to blend their strengths.

That's....not optimal. You adjust your system to the players you have. You play to their strengths. And you draft/sign players that can do what you want to do on the floor.

Why wouldn’t you tailor style of play to your players. Both Bogs and Giles excel in a half court hi-IQ game. Their greatest strengths are between their ears. Fox and Bagley are best in a high paced up and down game as they have other world athleticism. It’s up to Joeger to find a way to blend their strengths.
Bagley and Fox are our future and our style and pace should be molded around them. Basically what im saying is we have a great style and i wouldn't want us to concede that just because Bogi an others function better at a slower pace.

Can we slow the pace down for segments in a game to leverage bogi and harry's strengths yes, but our identity and primary style should be shaped around our future which is clearly Fox and Bagley.