Webber Q&A-November 12, 2004

http://www.nba.com/kings/news/Webber_QANovember_12_2004-122762-58.html

Webber Q&A-November 12, 2004

Chris Webber met with the media on Friday, November 12 before the Kings left to Phoenix to take on the Suns on Saturday. Here's what he had to say about his 1-4 Sacramento team.

Why do you think you guys are so out of sync right now?

Webber: “It’s not that we don’t care about the effort, we just feel that it’s gonna change and it’s gonna come around soon—not like we’re just waiting for this light to switch on, you just do all that you can do in the midst of it. We’re working hard to turn it around, so hopefully that’ll happen soon.”

Is the team frustrated?

Webber: “We should be, because we’re all missing very, very easy shots and we should be mad because the effort hasn’t been totally there from a defensive standpoint, so we should be frustrated.”

When you say effort, what do you specifically mean?

Webber: “It just means total focus and attention, it doesn’t mean from just a physical standpoint.”

There are rumors on ESPN.com that there was a confrontation between a coach and player on the team plane last week?

Webber: (sarcastically) “Yeah, it was a big fight, you all didn’t hear about that?”

Is it frustrating to read things that aren’t necessarily true?

Webber: “Well, I’ve been through it, so I just tell the guys welcome to the real world. I try to tell them that this has been like Candyland. It’s been wonderful, we’ve had great support from the people here, from everyone. But these are things we have to get used to. And use these things as catalysts to catapult us—if it makes us mad, then good. Maybe it’ll make us band together and get that much closer. It doesn’t frustrate us, right now guys are laughing it off. We just want to get some wins to make it stay as funny as it is—people keep talking about us. I told the guys, don’t believe everything they hear.”

So the rumors of team incidents on the team plane are not true?

Webber:“Put it like this, saying that you have a source is a cowardly way out nowadays. I think you guys even know that. I got a source too that told me—that’s all you have to do. You didn’t hear about the fight? There was actually punches thrown (laughing).”

Last edited: