Webber Props

I've been a so called Webber basher for a while but, I have to give him his props. It's obviously noticible that on the 2nd games of back to backs that Webber struggles. However, that said, his effort not only in the first games but also the second has improved. His game has always been one that looked like it came too easy. I think people have always felt that as good as he was that if he put more effort into the game he would be even better. Now in his post op form it is doubtful that we'll ever see that old Webber. It now appears that he is playing harder and smarter. Maybe not better but that's not my point. He looks to pass more, and I think that at times that could be the way he feels he is most effective for the team. His defense seems to be considerably better one on one with the exception of those times where he just gets beat due to his knee limitations. Whatever it is, he is showing me more with his heart than I have ever seen from him. it is almost like at times he is overachieving where as in the past, even in great games I felt like he was underachieving because his game had always come so effortlessly to him. Whoever this new Chris Webber is and whatever he has become I am growing to like him more than I ever have. This Kings fan has only asked that the players play hard and their is no doubt in my mind that Chris Webber is doing just that. Thanks for the effort Chris. Keep it up. That's all I have ever wanted.

You're on fire Electrik. Agreed, This just might be the kind of season we see from Webb, In back to backs, he will struggle but needs to be more of a facilitator and play smart ball within his limitations. And when he gets plenty of rest he should dominate, but not force the issue. Good post

I have always liked Webber's game, but sometimes agree to criticisms abt him(not too many times though). One thing is sure, that Webber has come to terms with reality and to his physical restictions. And today's game highlighted that. He was passing the ball superbly. Quite a few passes that he made good enough to make a point guard proud. The Kings missed quite a few of easy shots from Webber's spectacular passes. Otherwise he might have ended up wil 10 or so passes. I think we are going to see in Webber, a more matured player this season. :)

Elektrik said:
I've been a so called Webber basher for a while but, I have to give him his props. It's obviously noticible that on the 2nd games of back to backs that Webber struggles. However, that said, his effort not only in the first games but also the second has improved. His game has always been one that looked like it came too easy. I think people have always felt that as good as he was that if he put more effort into the game he would be even better. Now in his post op form it is doubtful that we'll ever see that old Webber. It now appears that he is playing harder and smarter. Maybe not better but that's not my point. He looks to pass more, and I think that at times that could be the way he feels he is most effective for the team. His defense seems to be considerably better one on one with the exception of those times where he just gets beat due to his knee limitations. Whatever it is, he is showing me more with his heart than I have ever seen from him. it is almost like at times he is overachieving where as in the past, even in great games I felt like he was underachieving because his game had always come so effortlessly to him. Whoever this new Chris Webber is and whatever he has become I am growing to like him more than I ever have. This Kings fan has only asked that the players play hard and their is no doubt in my mind that Chris Webber is doing just that. Thanks for the effort Chris. Keep it up. That's all I have ever wanted.
Word!

We are seeing a Webber that I like. One that is walking the walk and not just talking the talk as he used to all the time.

Just this last offseason I was pretty much fed up with him but hes showing what he is capable on and (spending time with Peja)off the court.

Keep it up C-Webb

i reallllly like what im seeing from webber thus far in the season. he is pretty much living up to the comments he made in the off season, regardless of how ludicrous some may think those comments were. he is recognizing his limitations, something he did not really do in his return at the end of last season. now, when the shots arent there, he's not shooting them. instead, he's making the extra pass that gets the best possible shot. most times, thats an open shot to bibby or peja, or a cutting christie or miller. i mean, the guy's got great hands, and great court vision. his cognizence of the offensive set really drives the kings when they are playing well. imo, webber and/or miller should be on the floor as often as is physically possible. while vlade is gone, we still run the offense inside-out, thru our big men. i applaud webb's effort as a facilitator of the offense. now he jus needs to get some spring in his legs. his rebounding numbers could be much better, and it would help pick up some of the slack.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Padrino said:
i reallllly like what im seeing from webber thus far in the season. he is pretty much living up to the comments he made in the off season, regardless of how ludicrous some may think those comments were. he is recognizing his limitations, something he did not really do in his return at the end of last season. now, when the shots arent there, he's not shooting them. instead, he's making the extra pass that gets the best possible shot. most times, thats an open shot to bibby or peja, or a cutting christie or miller. i mean, the guy's got great hands, and great court vision. his cognizence of the offensive set really drives the kings when they are playing well. imo, webber and/or miller should be on the floor as often as is physically possible. while vlade is gone, we still run the offense inside-out, thru our big men. i applaud webb's effort as a facilitator of the offense. now he jus needs to get some spring in his legs. his rebounding numbers could be much better, and it would help pick up some of the slack.
Not to pick nits or anything, but Webber's rebound numbers have been good enough to lead the team in 5 of the 7 games played so far... ;)

A number of us here had faith in Webber and his ability to come back. It's gratifying to see that, at least so far, our faith has not been misplaced.

I'm convinced that as the season progresses he will get even better. He may not be able to be the OLD Webber, whoever that was, but the NEW Webber, talking the talk AND walking the walk, is pretty danged good.

VF21 said:
Not to pick nits or anything, but Webber's rebound numbers have been good enough to lead the team in 5 of the 7 games played so far... ;)

A number of us here had faith in Webber and his ability to come back. It's gratifying to see that, at least so far, our faith has not been misplaced.

I'm convinced that as the season progresses he will get even better. He may not be able to be the OLD Webber, whoever that was, but the NEW Webber, talking the talk AND walking the walk, is pretty danged good.
well....as much as i would like to agree with you and be as optimistic, i think his rebounding numbers are a little deceiving. i know a couple of them against denver last night were off his own misses. i love his energy and hustle, but he's giving up what should be easy boards to opponents who are out of position. granted, it was a back to back, and his legs were gone, but i would like to see him get off the ground a little more. thats all. i love the way he's playing. right now, he and brad miller are probably the most consistent kings in terms of playing kings basketball. i jsut think that if webber gives up less offensive rebounds, we'll be in better shape. i guess maybe i am picking on webb a bit too much for rebounding, tho, cuz the whole team needs to pick it up in that area. all in all, im impressed with webber's play, and i think its only gonna get better from here. would you all join me in a prayer for his health?! ;)

i've actually had to learn about webber.
i am a new kings fan and when i started liking the kings webber was already having injury problems, so i didn't see him much in his best shape.
but i must say the guy now has my respect. he's trying, and i can see why people make such a big deal of him.

GO KINGS!

R

R1LOVER

Did you guy's realize that Webber is the only one in the nba to have a Triple Double this year!!!!

I know it's early in the season but still .................(he's back) ~finally~

Well, I didn't see any Kings games besides the Sonics game but his stats do look better than last year. Of course, he did have a few stinkers, but in those games it was all the Kings who played like crap, except for Miller.

If there is a Webber Props thread, then there should definitely be Miller Props thread as well as he's been the most reliable King thus far.
56% FG and amazing .7 TOs in 26 MPG.

sloter said:
If there is a Webber Props thread, then there should definitely be Miller Props thread as well as he's been the most reliable King thus far.
56% FG and amazing .7 TOs in 26 MPG.
see "Brad Miller best center in the west" thread. ;)

::Lifts self imposed ban::

Something happened the other night that surprised me. It was the pre game party train with Jason Ross and Coach T and it was Coachie Pete Carril's turn on the usual assistant coach interview. Coachie was telling Ross and Coach T about a conversation he had with someone upstairs. He asked this person, something happened the night before in PHX, and if that thing happened more they would be a tough team to beat and if they could name this thing. That person got it wrong, so he asked Ross and Coach T. The offense, the ball movement, they asked. Coachied said yes, but one player in particular. Chris Webber. Coachie then went on telling them about how pleased they were all with Webb's play and the conversation he had with him after the game telling him when he plays like that it makes the Kings a very good team. :)

::imposes ban again::

Last edited: