Vlade Divac - Kings GM AKA 21

Well, I think our best wing is Bogdan followed by Buddy. There are also two very promising PG's on the Kings in Fox and FM III. JJ has looked good as of late. Willie and Skal can play. Then there is Giles and an early pick in the upcoming draft. The Kings have no long dead weight contracts. Joerger is a good young coach. Vlade has done pretty well IMO.

Honestly what were you expecting?
I look at Bogdan in the context of a 25 year old, he is closer to his peak than a normal rookie would be, same with Buddy. Fox is a young solid prospect that basically was a no brainer, it was either him or Issac and we will see in a year or two who the better pick was. Willie thinks hes Porzingis, we drafted him too high to rim run defend and rebound.... also three things hes not very good at. FM may turn out to be a bench guy down the road and JJ was a part of a horrible trade that should have been the Mitchell pick. Skal can play.....just not very well consistently. I argue that the Randolph contract is dead weight, this past offseasons free agent signings made zero sense.

Honestly i was expecting a young team that would play faster shoot more threes and swarm defense. Not play slower than when we had cousins and run everything thru ZBO and the high post. I do not mind the losing but the roster construction and seemingly directionless plan that Vlade has is leading us nowhere and putting us behind the eight ball on a full on rebuild. Vivek needs to understand that there are no shortcuts. The luxury suites will have to sit empty for a while.

Joerger is as stubborn as they come. Im not so sure he is the right guy to coach a young roster....he just loves his Vets too much and it took him until almost the halfway point to finally start playing the young guys more and IMO he still does not play them enough.

Oh and I think you and I have had interactions before where you pretty much ask the same questions and I pretty much reiterate my view points over and over. Nothing has changed. Things wont get better until Vlade is gone and a true full on rebuild is set in motion, its going to take a while but there will be no winner until this happens.

I look at Bogdan in the context of a 25 year old, he is closer to his peak than a normal rookie would be, same with Buddy. Fox is a young solid prospect that basically was a no brainer, it was either him or Issac and we will see in a year or two who the better pick was. Willie thinks hes Porzingis, we drafted him too high to rim run defend and rebound.... also three things hes not very good at. FM may turn out to be a bench guy down the road and JJ was a part of a horrible trade that should have been the Mitchell pick. Skal can play.....just not very well consistently. I argue that the Randolph contract is dead weight, this past offseasons free agent signings made zero sense.

Honestly i was expecting a young team that would play faster shoot more threes and swarm defense. Not play slower than when we had cousins and run everything thru ZBO and the high post. I do not mind the losing but the roster construction and seemingly directionless plan that Vlade has is leading us nowhere and putting us behind the eight ball on a full on rebuild. Vivek needs to understand that there are no shortcuts. The luxury suites will have to sit empty for a while.

Joerger is as stubborn as they come. Im not so sure he is the right guy to coach a young roster....he just loves his Vets too much and it took him until almost the halfway point to finally start playing the young guys more and IMO he still does not play them enough.

Oh and I think you and I have had interactions before where you pretty much ask the same questions and I pretty much reiterate my view points over and over. Nothing has changed. Things wont get better until Vlade is gone and a true full on rebuild is set in motion, its going to take a while but there will be no winner until this happens.
How do you know it was a terrible trade? Btw we traded Zach Collins for JJ and Giles. Where do you get we should have gotten Mitchel? If that is the case then 8 other GMs should have drafted him in the first place since you want to use hindsight mitchel would have been a top 3 pick.

Well obviously we disagree:) I will lay one of Coach Bill Walsh's quotes on you: "If we are all thinking alike, then no one is thinking."

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Skal is still out producing Chriss but people don’t mention that trade because it doesn’t fit their narrative.
He turned a crapshoot pick into two players and missed on a third. People just love to harp on Papa and Richardson, who again we got for a bad contract and it doesn't appear we missed anyone else.

The Mitchell thing I don't even know because we haven't seen Giles play yet. There's still a chance he's the steal of the draft and you'd rather have him over Mitchell. Honestly the past few years the ROY winner doesn't wind up being the best of his class anyways.

I think JJ will be moved to a rotation player but we still need one of those guys. But this is where one of those "he's not stockpiling picks" is where it then gets turned around to blasting him for every pick that misses or doesn't turn out to be a superstar even if drafted in the middle of the first.