Veteran KF members - are you still here?

I signed up just 3 years ago so I'm not familiar with most of the names on the list, but I will never forget Brick and his post game grades. I used to really look forward to them and ever since he left I don't think I've seen anyone attempt to replace him as the post game grade master. I wish someone would lol but god knows I don't have the time/motivation to do that and I'd guess most others are in the same boat as me. It takes dedication to grade literally every game. Don't know how he managed it.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I signed up just 3 years ago so I'm not familiar with most of the names on the list, but I will never forget Brick and his post game grades. I used to really look forward to them and ever since he left I don't think I've seen anyone attempt to replace him as the post game grade master. I wish someone would lol but god knows I don't have the time/motivation to do that and I'd guess most others are in the same boat as me. It takes dedication to grade literally every game. Don't know how he managed it.
As a team member on the grades for a few years there, it was a real grind. It took a long time, it really hurt your social flexibility (sorry guys, can't go out tonight, I gotta watch a game the Kings are going to lose then spend an hour writing up game grades for a website on a volunteer basis), and after about ten games it felt like you were writing the same thing over and over again.

Brick was heroic to do it, every single game, for years. But my crystal ball doesn't see it coming back.

As a team member on the grades for a few years there, it was a real grind. It took a long time, it really hurt your social flexibility (sorry guys, can't go out tonight, I gotta watch a game the Kings are going to lose then spend an hour writing up game grades for a website on a volunteer basis), and after about ten games it felt like you were writing the same thing over and over again.

Brick was heroic to do it, every single game, for years. But my crystal ball doesn't see it coming back.
I have missed a lot of those names on that list, none more so then Sir Brick, the great one himself.

My memory is insanely good; so seeing all those OG user names is a blast from the past.

Everyone who helped out on those game grade threads did fantastic work, I think I might miss those the most!

I just gotta say you have been a fantastic addition to the board, I have always enjoyed you and how well you communicate. You are alright my friend, I don’t care what VF21 says about you...:p

PS - I decided to give up the sauce for good after that Bulls game nonsense, had one too many cervezas at the bbirthday celebration! It’s been a good decision, I can still enjoy my Kings sober...right?

What happened to Brick? I had some time off the site the last couple years. Been here since 2001 though... Damn.. Almost 20 years.......

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
What happened to Brick? I had some time off the site the last couple years. Been here since 2001 though... Damn.. Almost 20 years.......
The final straw for Bricklayer was when Cousins was traded to New Orleans. His frustration with the front office had been growing for some time. We respect his decision.

bajaden

Hall of Famer

Yeah, you and I both contributed, and your right, it was a grind. There was a time when it was just Bricky and myself, and before that, for years, he did it all by himself. Whether you liked Bricky or not, you have to give credit for the work he did. A game that I could watch in a couple of hours took me around three and a half hours when I was grading it. I was constantly pausing to take notes, or backing it up to re-watch a play to make sure of what I saw. Many times I didn't post my grades until 2 or 3 in the morning. I don't know how a working man like the Capt did it.

Of course he's smarter than me and probably quicker. How Bricky did for all those years by himself is beyond me. I do miss my arguments with him...

Yeah, you and I both contributed, and your right, it was a grind. There was a time when it was just Bricky and myself, and before that, for years, he did it all by himself. Whether you liked Bricky or not, you have to give credit for the work he did. A game that I could watch in a couple of hours took me around three and a half hours when I was grading it. I was constantly pausing to take notes, or backing it up to re-watch a play to make sure of what I saw. Many times I didn't post my grades until 2 or 3 in the morning. I don't know how a working man like the Capt did it.

Of course he's smarter than me and probably quicker. How Bricky did for all those years by himself is beyond me. I do miss my arguments with him...
I love this board and team so much I could be bothered to help on grades this upcoming season if we want to bring them back, team baja and King, the California kids! Haha.