UPDATED: Scott Moak staying!

The kings have been in my opinion actually on fire this year, doing and saying all the right things. Especially allowing Temple, VC and other players to speak out and backing them up to better the community. People need to give the kings And Vivek some credit. This increased level of community involvement is probably the reason that they are seeking someone else for that role.
In my opinion its terrible.

Terrible PR job. If the head of PR was NOT one of those fired they need to be! Lets faceit to almost any fan Moaks other jjob duties were andremain irrelevant so why make THAT release. For his sake I hope things go well for him.
Which release? As far as I can tell they relieved him of those other roles but still offered him the PA role. There was no other statement from the Kings that I see posted in this thread. It was Dave that gave the impression more than anyone else. Not sure how else they were supposed to do it...

Perhaps keeping a lid on things until Scott confirmed if he wanted to stay on as PA? But again, it's not like I see any official releases.

Exactly. To me this feels like social media/outrage culture run amuck. I would imagine big picture, with the protests and events over the last couple months, and the organization being thrust into a role of being a greater voice for the community, they likely determined different leadership was needed in that area. I have no idea how effective Scott has been in that role (I’ve only read great things, particularly as this controversy has blown up) but I I really believe the organizations heart is in the right place about making a bigger impact for Sacramento. Hard to imagine they just told him to take a hike, but explained a different VP of community outreach was needed, he could stay on as announcer but wanted to give him time to think about it. Sometimes difficult short term change is needed to meet long term goals.

Meanwhile, Carmichael Dave, fresh off his general lamenting of the state of the team on the court 9plenty of which I’m not going to argue with) blows things up before Scott even has time to process things. The fact that the organization stayed relatively quiet about this in the 24 to 48 hours this was creating a negative reaction on social media actually deserves some kudos in my mind as they provided Scott the time needed to think things through. A cynic can try to read a lot into the team’s motives, b t this seems the most logical to me.

That depends on whether or not you’d believe I’d go in that hard and that direct and just brazenly take out a flamethrower just because it was a Tuesday afternoon.

I hate hate hate hate having to be so damn cryptic at times, but some day we are all going to sit down and have a long conversation about this and many other things.

For now I’m happy and content to let the narrative be whatever anyone wishes to interpret. Scott is in a great spot now and to me that’s really all that matters, because he is a community gem and a special person.

But please just ask yourself, why would I take those actions just to take them? There were a lot of real world implications both now and in the future I’ll have to deal with, and I don’t regret a single one. My loyalties are to my fellow fans and the good people that I’ve come to know and love, and no matter what I do or say it all comes from a place of (my) truth.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
That depends on whether or not you’d believe I’d go in that hard and that direct and just brazenly take out a flamethrower just because it was a Tuesday afternoon.

I hate hate hate hate having to be so damn cryptic at times, but some day we are all going to sit down and have a long conversation about this and many other things.

For now I’m happy and content to let the narrative be whatever anyone wishes to interpret. Scott is in a great spot now and to me that’s really all that matters, because he is a community gem and a special person.

But please just ask yourself, why would I take those actions just to take them? There were a lot of real world implications both now and in the future I’ll have to deal with, and I don’t regret a single one. My loyalties are to my fellow fans and the good people that I’ve come to know and love, and no matter what I do or say it all comes from a place of (my) truth.
No offense, Dave, but that's a little of a false ultimatum. I mean, I've never been privy to inside information pertaining to a sports team, but I have been responsible for handling sensitive and classified information in a former life, so I can sympathize with having to walk the line between knowing something juicy and wanting to share it, but not being able to. But you make it sound like your only options were to be coy about what you know, or violate the trust of the people you heard it from, when there was always a third option: you didn't have to say ****.

I'll admit it, it's a pet peeve of mine when 'insiders' play the "I-know-a-secret/I-know-the-whole-story, but I can't tell you guys" game... Like, well, why even tell us that much, then? What do you reckon the best possible outcome of doing that is?

No offense, Dave, but that's a little of a false ultimatum. I mean, I've never been privy to inside information pertaining to a sports team, but I have been responsible for handling sensitive and classified information in a former life, so I can sympathize with having to walk the line between knowing something juicy and wanting to share it, but not being able to. But you make it sound like your only options were to be coy about what you know, or violate the trust of the people you heard it from, when there was always a third option: you didn't have to say ****.

I'll admit it, it's a pet peeve of mine when 'insiders' play the "I-know-a-secret/I-know-the-whole-story, but I can't tell you guys" game... Like, well, why even tell us that much, then? What do you reckon the best possible outcome of doing that is?
None taken. And you’re misreading the card. You can say “I know a secret etc etc” in a gleeful way, or it can be “I know a secret” in a “I can’t wait until we can have a full and open convo about this but until then I’m going to look flighty and dramatic and will need to shut my mouth and eat it because there are real people who can be affected if I don’t”.

Now your idea of me saying nothing is honestly a perfectly logical one. And it would have been the easiest road by FAR. Really, zero public downside.

Or there’s the see something say something. Also maybe that I’ve seen some things and have not said anything quite a few times and it gets old and I feel complicit in what I’m seeing because I’m seeing it but too worried about the ramifications to say anything.

I’m not going to win this, nor am I trying to. I don’t blame you and others for that mindset one iota. And as VF said, the “palace intrigue” is completely off-putting. I get it. I saw something. I said something. And at this point for me to dive further into it benefits nobody but myself, and I’m not interested in doing that.