Tyrese Watch 2023-2024

TBH, Hali got traded to the ideal situation for him.... a coach that gave him free reins to the team and the bigger stage to blow up.... i feel that if he did the exact same thing here in Sacramento, he would still be doing it in relative anonymity like Fox is now.

TBH, Hali got traded to the ideal situation for him.... a coach that gave him free reins to the team and the bigger stage to blow up.... i feel that if he did the exact same thing here in Sacramento, he would still be doing it in relative anonymity like Fox is now.
Would be strange coaching to not allow the freedom to play his full game. I'm sure Brown would have, given the same situation

Would be strange coaching to not allow the freedom to play his full game. I'm sure Brown would have, given the same situation
If Hali would have had to continue to share the ball with Fox, his game wouldn't had blown up like it has in Indiana.

However, even if he was putting up the same stat line he is now while in Sac, he would still be a relative unknown, like Fox is to the national media. I think it is really the anti-Sacramento sentiment in the media or overall indifference to whatever happens in Sacramento. Just look at Sabonis and Fox now.

If Hali would have had to continue to share the ball with Fox, his game wouldn't had blown up like it has in Indiana.

However, even if he was putting up the same stat line he is now while in Sac, he would still be a relative unknown, like Fox is to the national media. I think it is really the anti-Sacramento sentiment in the media or overall indifference to whatever happens in Sacramento. Just look at Sabonis and Fox now.
Is Sacramento the only place in the NBA that has this? Any theories on why this is?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Is Sacramento the only place in the NBA that has this? Any theories on why this is?
It's probably a combination of the usual East Coast bias combined with the fact that we kept the team when they all were dancing on our graves. If media had their way all the teams would be in 4 or 5 cities and it would be like the 2020 bubble or Vegas summer league.

Throw in the LOLKANGZ since we let Adelman go until we kicked Luke to the curb and we're just an easy whipping boy for people that don't bother to watch us play.

Not that it matters but Hali had an interview recently where he talked about how he marked the Pistons as a target for not drafting him. He then rattled off some teams he would have liked to get drafted to but said the dream landing spot was Golden State.

Rooting hard for Hali and the Pacers these next 2 games to beat the Pelicans. Handing NOP 2 losses in a row would really help the Kings cause. :)

Last edited:
Man, maybe Tyrese actually did need Buddy to succeed. Dude’s not looked good since the All-Star break.
Not sure if it is the Buddy effect or the hamstring injury he suffered a couple of months ago, but Tyrese has totally regressed towards the mean. His numbers have regressed to pretty much the same as what is was last year, before he made the supposed "superstar" jump we saw from him in the first half of this year.

For all the big talk on this thread how Pacers has outpace us and run circle around us, they’re 8th in the East and have a worse records than the Kings despite all our warts
They lead the league in PPG (123.3), have the same number of wins as us, and have also played three more games than us. As a result, I think the "big talk" is somewhat warranted...:p:p:p

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Man, maybe Tyrese actually did need Buddy to succeed. Dude’s not looked good since the All-Star break.
That is wild if true. I wish him all the best but I don't watch Pacers games unless we're playing them. I'll check them out in the playoffs assuming they stay in.

If my quick check of basketball-reference is right, Pascal played 21 games, not sure if he has missed any since joining, but they've been 10-11 over the last 21, from 24 and 17 (.585) to 34 and 18 (.548). Look, it's never easy fitting someone in mid-season so I'm not going to critique the acquisition, but it certainly is good that if he didn't have much interest in Sacramento and hasn't proven to be an immediate shot in the arm for the Pacers, that we didn't push our chips in on a guy that is expiring and very likely would not re-sign.

We could easily lose our next three games is the point I am trying to make here.

I don't think we're any better than the Pacers. If we are, it's by a very slim margin.
Eh. The Pacers compete in a considerably weaker conference. And they're an absolute disaster on defense, while the Kings are somewhere between mediocre and bad. The Kings are better than the Pacers today. Will they be better next season? Or the season after that? Time will tell. I wouldn't make bets in either direction, honestly. There are a lot of unknowns surrounding the internal development of both teams.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Eh. The Pacers compete in a considerably weaker conference. And they're an absolute disaster on defense, while the Kings are somewhere between mediocre and bad. The Kings are better than the Pacers today. Will they be better next season? Or the season after that? Time will tell. I wouldn't make bets in either direction, honestly. There are a lot of unknowns surrounding the internal development of both teams.
There's a huge fall off after the top 3 teams in the East and only one of them has been thoroughly dominant, I agree and frankly was a bit surprised to see where they are sitting in the standings. The Kings are more or less on the same pace that made them a 3 seed in the West last year.

And c'mon qwerty, having 3 games in hand while tied for wins ... there's no metric in which the team with more games played is on even footing unless we're playing 3 of those games against the 96 Bulls or 2016 Dubs, at which point you could softly pencil us in as equal.

There's a huge fall off after the top 3 teams in the East and only one of them has been thoroughly dominant, I agree and frankly was a bit surprised to see where they are sitting in the standings. The Kings are more or less on the same pace that made them a 3 seed in the West last year.

And c'mon qwerty, having 3 games in hand while tied for wins ... there's no metric in which the team with more games played is on even footing unless we're playing 3 of those games against the 96 Bulls or 2016 Dubs, at which point you could softly pencil us in as equal.
I agree with you that there is a huge fall off after the top teams in the East.

To your second paragraph...The point I was/am simply trying to make is that we could drop our next three games just as easily as we could win our next three games. If we drop those three games, then we are on even footing. If we win those three games, we're still ONLY three games better than the Pacers. Sure, we're in a tougher conference, and there is a solid argument that, because of that fact, we're better off than the Pacers. But I've seen my fair share of Pacers games and highlights as much as I've seen my fair share of Kings games and highlights. And, to me, we honestly don't look like we're the far superior team.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
Doesn't matter because they have an All-Star in the weaker East so should be no problems for them.

pdxKingsFan

Staff member
In what way (I’m not going to read it)
Oh, let's see... no defense, we don't need defense with our offense, how we(they) just need the magic player to unlock Hali, wait if Hali needs a special player maybe he can't make everyone better, Buddy wanted to leave, Buddy hated it (t)here, "this team just wants to make the playoffs and be mid and has no championship aspirations", was Siakam pushing the chips in too early...

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Read in the replies how some people are saying that he's playing hurt to get enough games to qualify for any postseason awards, so he can get the supermax. Which, as a "name on the back" fan, I can respect that, but I can't help but wonder how the "name on the front" fans in Indiana are processing that?

Haliburton has to play in eleven of the last fifteen games for the Pacers to qualify for postseason awards. Imagine if he tanks their playoff chances trying to play hurt, and it costs them Siakam in the offseason?