Tyrese Watch 2022-23

Pacers couldn't handle a 2-16 gift from Westbrook.

As we've seen by the last 10 games, that supporting cast is rough, and they've played themselves out of the Wemby sweepstakes by this point. Unless they string together a star trade, I'm not liking the new look Pacers for the foreseeable future.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Woof, Woof, Woof.

Really is strange how Hali seemingly can't coexist with another ball-dominant guard/wing on the floor. He was so dang good at it his rookie season. But since he's become the man, it's the Hali show through and through
Part of it is Carlisle deciding to bury Benn on the bench a bit but yeah it is concerning that the only guard Tyrese appears to be able to fully coexist with is Buddy Hield.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The good news: Benn scored 22 in 33 minutes tonight.
The bad news: He played that much because Tyrese was so bad that the game was pretty much out of reach by the second half.

So ESPN has an article about throwing grenades during games (passing the ball with the shot clock expiring so other people have to put up bad shots). Interesting article.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...nwritten-rule-passing-ball-seconds-left-clock

THE GENERAL RULE: If you dribble down the clock and don't find anyone open, take a tough shot yourself instead of pulling the pin and putting a teammate in position to dent his percentages.
A list compiled by ESPN Stats & Information research of the players who have tossed the most grenades over the past decade, using passes for heavily contested shots in the last two seconds of shots as the definition, is led by five future Hall of Famers: Russell Westbrook, Damian Lillard, Chris Paul, James Harden and LeBron James.
Shorten the window to the past two seasons, and two of the league's premier young playmakers rank in the top three: Doncic and Indiana Pacers All-Star guard Tyrese Haliburton. (Westbrook leads that list, too.)

Pacers might officially be bad again. Bodes well for that second round pick we have from them this season. Sucks for Tyrese. Buddy can suck it
2 wins in the last month, unfortunately tagging us for one of them on our Fox free night. I hope we don't finish 1 game back of home court advantage in a 7 game series.

Interesting stat from that ESPN article, which addresses that naturally primary ball handlers will make the most grenade passes as a product of being responsible for generating the team's offense.

The biggest takeaway for me: Jokic has taken the 2nd most of those kinds of shots in the last 10 years...and is still as absurdly efficient as he is. The dude is not human.

From a discussion on reddit on Hali who still hasn't gotten a NBA 2K myteam card beyond the garbage card all players get:
He was playing great but came off the bench a lot for the kings.
Amazes me that because Jalen and Jacoby or JJ Reddick made these absurd claims that people still believe them.

I haven't had much time to watch other teams, but just saw that the pacers are 3 - 17 of their last 20. What happened after such a good start? they were keeping pace with us for a while there

I haven't had much time to watch other teams, but just saw that the pacers are 3 - 17 of their last 20. What happened after such a good start? they were keeping pace with us for a while there
Haliburton got injured, and the Packers went something like 1-11 without him. Since his return, they haven't really managed to bounce back. I'm guessing that, as a franchise, they're now aiming for the lottery so they can add another young talent to their promising core.

Haliburton got injured, and the Packers went something like 1-11 without him. Since his return, they haven't really managed to bounce back. I'm guessing that, as a franchise, they're now aiming for the lottery so they can add another young talent to their promising core.
Wait a sec...Are you trying to tell us that Tyrese is the new Aaron??? :p:p:p