Tyler Lydon

“Remember that point, Doug!”
It's not even a full point...

And he is a power forward? And Gabriel is on a 2way contract and this guy gets 2 year ''real contract''?

I can't even find how old he is... only thing I found was that he was traded on draft day with Trey Lyles for Donovan Mitchell, so he must be in his early 20's

https://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com...ency-after-disappointment-nuggets/1716267001/

The 6-foot-10 forward was a first-round pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, but landed on a Nuggets roster with a glut of established players at his position. Playing time would be sparse and he spent most of his rookie year on a developmental team in the G League before his season was cut short by a torn meniscus. He recuperated and returned last year but faced a similar quagmire, playing only a total of 94 minutes for the Nuggets.

dude12

Hall of Famer
First round pick who got hurt first year, then just didn’t get an opportunity because Denver didn’t have time to bring along the rookie as they pushed for best record. Stretch 4. Maybe he can play some 3 but I haven’t seen him so no idea. He thinks he can play the 3 and 4. Best case, Vlade gives the kid an opportunity and he delivers on his “first round pick” potential and eventually takes Bjelica’s spot. I think it allows Gabriel another year to develop.

First-round pick from two years ago, though it may have been a reach. 23 years old. Has played 96 minutes in the NBA.

It's not even a full point...

And he is a power forward? And Gabriel is on a 2way contract and this guy gets 2 year ''real contract''?

I can't even find how old he is... only thing I found was that he was traded on draft day with Trey Lyles for Donovan Mitchell, so he must be in his early 20's
This dude's at least a FRP but hasn't been seeing the floor. Gabriel is also a fringe NBA player until he can prove otherwise.

First-round pick from two years ago, though it may have been a reach. 23 years old. Has played 96 minutes in the NBA.

This dude's at least a FRP but hasn't been seeing the floor. Gabriel is also a fringe NBA player until he can prove otherwise.
Well he hasnt had a shot yet and i think hes earned a stab as some mins this year.

Well he hasnt had a shot yet and i think hes earned a stab as some mins this year.
Not if we're trying to win, he's hasn't. He's the 6th big until further notice. We're not trying to be contenders like Denver this year but it's time for them to take a step.

There's basically no room beyond injury insurance for any of these fringe lottery tickets that people have a fascination with.

Not if we're trying to win, he's hasn't. He's the 6th big until further notice. We're not trying to be contenders like Denver this year but it's time for them to take a step.

There's basically no room beyond injury insurance for any of these fringe lottery tickets that people have a fascination with.
I disagree a few call ups wouldn't sway things one way or another and I think Wenyen can play i would give him an opportunity personally.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
They had to do this signing in order to get to the cap and activate the MLE to give Holmes a contract
Actually, I don't think that's a thing. The Room MLE comes into play once a team drops below the cap (which we clearly did to sign Dedmon/Joseph/Ariza) and is not dependent on a team spending back up all the way to the cap.

So I'm still not entirely sure why we did this. It's possible that neither year is guaranteed. But as a 15th contract, he doesn't seem to fill a major need - we would effectively have 7 big men in Bagley/Giles/Dedmon/Bjelica/Holmes/Swanigan/Lydon - and he stands in the way of us being able to put either Guy or Gabriel on a full NBA contract. Unless we've got a deal for Bjelica lined up, I don't really get it.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Lydon played two years at Syracuse as sort of a tweener. They used him at both the SF and PF positions. I personally think he's better suited for the PF position. He was a very good 3 pt shooter at Syracuse averaging 40% from the three both years he was there. He was a decent to good rebounder and maybe a slightly above average athlete. I always thought he was a bit overweight at Syracuse. He was drafted by Utah if memory serves and traded to Denver. I don't think he got much of a chance to play at Denver, so the jury is still out.

I always thought that if he could get into NBA shape, he could be a player. He certainly has the skills to play in the NBA. He's certainly worth taking a small gamble on since he's still young, and has good size at 6'9.5" and around a 7 ft wingspan. I would expect the Kings to sign Holmes now that their above the cap.

bajaden

Hall of Famer
Actually, I don't think that's a thing. The Room MLE comes into play once a team drops below the cap (which we clearly did to sign Dedmon/Joseph/Ariza) and is not dependent on a team spending back up all the way to the cap.

So I'm still not entirely sure why we did this. It's possible that neither year is guaranteed. But as a 15th contract, he doesn't seem to fill a major need - we would effectively have 7 big men in Bagley/Giles/Dedmon/Bjelica/Holmes/Swanigan/Lydon - and he stands in the way of us being able to put either Guy or Gabriel on a full NBA contract. Unless we've got a deal for Bjelica lined up, I don't really get it.
I think Swanigan's days are numbered with the way he's been playing. Not sure how all this is going to play out, but I thought that once you go over the cap, all that's available to you is the mini-midlevel exception or about 4.8 mil. Too many exceptions to keep track of.

The kings always seem to lie too heavy constructing the roster with bigs, especially since Ariza and Barnes can flex over as small ball 4's.
I think if they see Lydon as competition for Swanigan, this looks like a better move.

Bj Johnson is not a guar contract but If Holmes signs makes 15 real contracts
FoxCojoYogi
BuddyBogiJames
BarnesArizaLydon
BagsBjellyGiles
DedmonHolmesSwan

GuyGabriel on 2 ways

I suppose we could waive or trade Swan if we need a roster spot but looks like we are all full up