• Yes to Trade #2 & #3 / No to Trade #1

• Yes to Trade #2 / No to Trade #1 & #3

• Yes to Trade #3 / No to Trade #1 & #2

• No to all of them

Results are only viewable after voting.
TRADE #1
BOS Gets: Buddy Hield & Mo Harkless
BOS Gives: Al Horford & Aaron Nesmith
Why for BOS? The Celtics add an elite floor spacing SG who spreads the floor even more for Tatum & Brown. Hield's defense would likely be mitigated being surrounded by such great defenders like Smart, Brown, Tatum, & R. Williams. They also get out of Horford's contract.

PG - Smart / Schroder / Pritchard
SG - Hield / Langford
SF - Brown / Richardson / Harkless
PF - Tatum / G. Williams / Hernangomez / Parker
C - R. Williams / Kanter / Fernando

SAC Gets: Al Horford & Aaron Nesmith
SAC GIves: Buddy Hield & Mo Harkless
Why for SAC? The Kings sell off 28 year old Hield for 22 year old Nesmith who can play both SG & SF to give some versatility with their core long term. Although overpaid, Horford would be a good mentor for all of the young guys.

TRADE #2
GSW Gets: Richaun Holmes
GSW Gives: Kevon Looney & Moses Moody
Why for GSW? The Warriors get a big upgrade to their C spot for a run at the title while surrendering one of their young prospects. It allows the Warriors to reduce the wear and tear for Green so he's more fresh for 4th quarters and the playoffs when they like to play him at C.

PG - Curry / Poole / Payton
SG - Thompson / Lee
SF - Wiggins / Iguodala / Toscano-Anderson
PF - Green / Porter / Kuminga
C - Holmes / Wiseman / Bjelica

SAC Gets: Kevon Looney & Moses Moody
SAC GIves: Richaun Holmes
Why for SAC? Sell off 28 year old Holmes for 19 year old Moody who can play both SG & SF to give some versatility with their core long term.

TRADE #3
CHI Gets: Harrison Barnes
CHI Gives: Derrick Jones & Patrick Williams
Why for CHI? With Williams out for the foreseeable future and and Chicago looking like a solid playoff team, they move Williams for an efficient secondary scorer in Barnes who can shoot and defend while playing the 4.

PG - Curry / Poole / Payton
SG - Thompson / Lee
SF - Wiggins / Iguodala / Toscano-Anderson
PF - Green / Porter / Kuminga
C - Holmes / Wiseman / Bjelica

SAC Gets: Derrick Jones & Patrick Williams
SAC GIves: Harrison Barnes
Why for SAC? Sell off 29 year old Barnes for 20 year old Williams who can play both SF & PF SF to give some versatility with their core long term.

FINAL ROSTER
PG - Fox / D. Mitchell
SG - Haliburton / T. Davis / Ramsey
SF - Nesmith / Moody / Woodard
PF - P. Williams / Metu / Bagley / D. Jones
C - Horford / Len / Looney / Thompson

That gives the kings a ton of young assets to build towards the future, a likely high 2022 1st round pick, and Horford there to help mentor the vets & teach them to be a professional. Probably goes without saying that we'd need to fire Walton and bring someone else in to lead this group of young guys.

I applaud your effort and the trades seem reasonable but we all know we aren’t going to tear it down.

I’d like to see you come up with a couple trades for a team that is trying to make the playoffs.

If the Kings limp into the all star break this year how about a slightly bigger version of your trade with the Warriors

Warriors trade- Wiseman, Wiggins
Kings trade- Buddy Hield, Richaun Holmes and Marvin Bagley

Warriors Lineup
Curry
Poole
Klay
Green
Holmes

Buddy comes off the bench and pairs with Curry and Klay to form one of the best shooting trios in league history. Holmes thrives in the Warriors offense and pairs well defensively with Green. Warriors get to keep Poole in the starting lineup and shed Wiggins' huge contract they don't need. Golden State wins 2022 championship

Kings Lineup
Fox
Haliburton
Wiggins
Barnes
Wiseman

Kings get a bit more size and potential at the 5 and a young wing who appears to have found his stride.

If the Kings limp into the all star break this year how about a slightly bigger version of your trade with the Warriors

Warriors trade- Wiseman, Wiggins
Kings trade- Buddy Hield, Richaun Holmes and Marvin Bagley

Warriors Lineup
Curry
Poole
Klay
Green
Holmes

Buddy comes off the bench and pairs with Curry and Klay to form one of the best shooting trios in league history. Holmes thrives in the Warriors offense and pairs well defensively with Green. Warriors get to keep Poole in the starting lineup and shed Wiggins' huge contract they don't need. Golden State wins 2022 championship

Kings Lineup
Fox
Haliburton
Wiggins
Barnes
Wiseman

Kings get a bit more size and potential at the 5 and a young wing who appears to have found his stride.
Why give up one of our two floor spacers for two more guys that can’t shoot. You think Fox is struggling now replace Hield with Wiggins and see if any defensive players leave the painted area.

Wiggins has found his stride because he is a non shooter surrounded by shooters.

Why give up one of our two floor spacers for two more guys that can’t shoot. You think Fox is struggling now replace Hield with Wiggins and see if any defensive players leave the painted area.

Wiggins has found his stride because he is a non shooter surrounded by shooters.
We absolutely shouldnt look at lateral moves like that. I dont understand what is the point to hope that maybe our team is the 20th best team in the league and maybe get a chance to get a 4-0 or 4-1 first round exit IF we are lucky. For any person that understands basketball its 100% clear that our team isnt ready to compete now. Does anyone think that Toronto regrets tanking last year now that they got Barnes? Kings werent far from that position but once ****ing again we chosed to chase something meaningless and ended up with a bad draft position.

Be smart. Please for the love of god be smart for once with the strategy. Dont do the same exact horrible idiotict thing where you reach for the 8-10th spot with a roster lacking top level talent. Thats how you get these over a decade long playoff droughts

Wiggins has the highest fg percentage on the Warriors this year and is shooting almost 38 percent from 3.

We absolutely shouldnt look at lateral moves like that. I dont understand what is the point to hope that maybe our team is the 20th best team in the league and maybe get a chance to get a 4-0 or 4-1 first round exit IF we are lucky. For any person that understands basketball its 100% clear that our team isnt ready to compete now. Does anyone think that Toronto regrets tanking last year now that they got Barnes? Kings werent far from that position but once ****ing again we chosed to chase something meaningless and ended up with a bad draft position.

Be smart. Please for the love of god be smart for once with the strategy. Dont do the same exact horrible idiotict thing where you reach for the 8-10th spot with a roster lacking top level talent. Thats how you get these over a decade long playoff droughts
they aren't tanking so you might as well just get over it or follow a team that will. Monte is going to have to make a trade that gives us a boost and hit on a couple more draft picks. That is the reality of the Kings situation, whether us fans like it or not.

they aren't tanking so you might as well just get over it or follow a team that will. Monte is going to have to make a trade that gives us a boost and hit on a couple more draft picks. That is the reality of the Kings situation, whether us fans like it or not.
Sounds absolutely horrible, worst case scenario. If thats the case then hopefully ownership sells the team. This garbage has been going on for so many years that I hope something happens and we could actually try something different and smart

The Boston trade probably wouldn't happen because they're very attached to Horford, especially with Bob Williams going through some injury stuff. The other 2 seem super reasonable for teams looking to compete in their 2-3 year window right now. Bulls basically want Patrick Williams to become a Harrison Barnes type player, so why not just expediate the process to try and boost a title shot? Same with the Warriors, who would be absolutely disgusting with Holmes.

At this point, I'm leaning towards moving Fox and doing a full reset.

However, I'd likely look to move him in the offseason after we know where the picks land in the lottery (vs. trading him midseason and allowing that team's pick to become less valuable as they win more).

Maybe these teams are options?
  • Would NOP prioritize Fox over another top pick to and keep Zion happy with a Fox-Ingram-Zion core (trying to push to be competitive now)?
  • Would OKC decide to start pushing forward while being attracted to a Fox/SGA backcourt long term?
  • Would HOU like the idea of Fox over a top pick to pair with Green, Wood, & Sengun long term?
  • Would MIN be more attracted to making a win now move to keep Towns happy while getting a Fox/Edwards backcourt long term?

There may be some Fox buyers in the offseason and with Fox's salary, it can be much easier to make that deal in the offseason from a cap perspective.

A young roster of...

PG - D. Mitchell
PF - P. Williams / Metu
C - Horford / Len

...and two top 5-10 picks in the 2022 draft would be a solid reset.

At this point, I'm leaning towards moving Fox and doing a full reset.

However, I'd likely look to move him in the offseason after we know where the picks land in the lottery (vs. trading him midseason and allowing that team's pick to become less valuable as they win more).

Maybe these teams are options?
  • Would NOP prioritize Fox over another top pick to and keep Zion happy with a Fox-Ingram-Zion core (trying to push to be competitive now)?
  • Would OKC decide to start pushing forward while being attracted to a Fox/SGA backcourt long term?
  • Would HOU like the idea of Fox over a top pick to pair with Green, Wood, & Sengun long term?
  • Would MIN be more attracted to making a win now move to keep Towns happy while getting a Fox/Edwards backcourt long term?

There may be some Fox buyers in the offseason and with Fox's salary, it can be much easier to make that deal in the offseason from a cap perspective.

A young roster of...

PG - D. Mitchell
PF - P. Williams / Metu
C - Horford / Len

...and two top 5-10 picks in the 2022 draft would be a solid reset.
That Pat Williams trade just seems like destiny. Barnes would be perfect to slot in at the 4 to give them another big piece for a title push, Pat Williams is likely out for the year, so he can't really help their 2-3 year window right now. They got Lavine headed to UFA this off-season and then Barnes would line up with Vuc heading to UFA in 2 years.

Love the theory behind the Warriors trade too. Holmes would be an unreal upgrade over Looney offensively and defensively and like the Bulls, are very much on a 2-3 year window to win with Steph. They don't need or want that youth

That Pat Williams trade just seems like destiny. Barnes would be perfect to slot in at the 4 to give them another big piece for a title push, Pat Williams is likely out for the year, so he can't really help their 2-3 year window right now. They got Lavine headed to UFA this off-season and then Barnes would line up with Vuc heading to UFA in 2 years.

Love the theory behind the Warriors trade too. Holmes would be an unreal upgrade over Looney offensively and defensively and like the Bulls, are very much on a 2-3 year window to win with Steph. They don't need or want that youth
What's your take on dealing Fox? I feel like those teams I mentioned are likely the best suitors if we're looking for a full rebuild (vs. trading him for someone like Simmons).

What's your take on dealing Fox? I feel like those teams I mentioned are likely the best suitors if we're looking for a full rebuild (vs. trading him for someone like Simmons).
Yeah I think your read is correct and you look for the trade in the off-season when most big names are dealt. If you dealt him mid-season, I think a team like the Wizards or Knicks would be the most likely candidates with some youth that are looking to make a push now. My issue there is the Wizards package would be like Deni+mid-late FRPs and a Knicks deal would be like Obi/Quickly or RJ based with mid-late FRPs. I don't think I'd mind the Barrett idea, but ideally you wait and try to find the top 5 pick(or player equivalent) in the off-season.

I really don't think the turn-around would be all that long if they full reset, just because I think you can get value from Fox/Barnes/Holmes and Buddy had revamped his value until this latest shooting slump. Hali/Mitchell look like starters at the very least and I'd be surprised if none of the farm system (King, Metu, Queta, JR, Woodard) didn't pop and become at least a rotational player line. Add on some intriguing young guys in the vein of a Moody/Pat Williams with 2-3 future FRP and a top 5 pick? Not bad

If the Kings don’t tear it down and are hovering around the back end of the lottery the Hawks are open to trading Reddish for a first rounder according to the Athletic

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Yeah I think your read is correct and you look for the trade in the off-season when most big names are dealt. If you dealt him mid-season, I think a team like the Wizards or Knicks would be the most likely candidates with some youth that are looking to make a push now. My issue there is the Wizards package would be like Deni+mid-late FRPs and a Knicks deal would be like Obi/Quickly or RJ based with mid-late FRPs. I don't think I'd mind the Barrett idea, but ideally you wait and try to find the top 5 pick(or player equivalent) in the off-season.

I really don't think the turn-around would be all that long if they full reset, just because I think you can get value from Fox/Barnes/Holmes and Buddy had revamped his value until this latest shooting slump. Hali/Mitchell look like starters at the very least and I'd be surprised if none of the farm system (King, Metu, Queta, JR, Woodard) didn't pop and become at least a rotational player line. Add on some intriguing young guys in the vein of a Moody/Pat Williams with 2-3 future FRP and a top 5 pick? Not bad
Man, the thing there is that this feels like a 3 star draft and a bunch of other dudes (that obviously won't end up being the case) so us ending up with the 5th overall pick and seeing the three top guys and Duren go off the board to leave us with the options of reaching for a guy like Baldwin or drafting one of the Jadens would be incredibly painful lol

Man, the thing there is that this feels like a 3 star draft and a bunch of other dudes (that obviously won't end up being the case) so us ending up with the 5th overall pick and seeing the three top guys and Duren go off the board to leave us with the options of reaching for a guy like Baldwin or drafting one of the Jadens would be incredibly painful lol
Yeah, haven't dove into anyone yet, just know of the top 3 dudes just from the hype around them.

With Wiseman’s setback, I’d be curious if GSW would be open to including him in the trade instead of Looney (since Looney helps them now). Wiseman/Moody for Holmes. Would leave us with…

PG - Fox / D. Mitchell
PF - P. Williams / Bagley / Metu
C - Wiseman / Horford / Jones / Len / Thompson

I guess this scenario is all a bit pointless now considering it seems we have removed this strategic decision from the list of options and decided that we must compete now.