TV - What's your passion (NON-sports)?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm still watching "Two and a Half Men" because I'm not a quitter. ;)

I sure wish they would have brought the new kid in last season. He's adorable and makes the show enjoyable again.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
As a massive comic book geek (parting with my long boxes was one of the hardest parts of my move to Japan), I loved the hell out of the first part of the Flash/Arrow crossover. The Flash, despite its CW contrivances and occasionally super-comicbook-ey dialogue, gets my vote for the most consistently fun hour of TV each week.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
As a massive comic book geek (parting with my long boxes was one of the hardest parts of my move to Japan), I loved the hell out of the first part of the Flash/Arrow crossover. The Flash, despite its CW contrivances and occasionally super-comicbook-ey dialogue, gets my vote for the most consistently fun hour of TV each week.
I tried to like The Flash, but the CW taint was just too strong.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I have always loved Peter Pan ... until tonight. I know it's tradition on Broadway for a female actor to play the lead role, but this "live" TV version has jumped the shark. Allison Williams is NOT Peter Pan and watching her try to be the boy who never grew up is painful.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Librarians - premiering tonight on TNT. A 10-episode extension of the popular movies that starred Noah Wylie. Looks promising so far, with Christian Kane, Rebecca Romjin and John Larroquette.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I never got into The Librarian, and the concept of this show sounds kinda dumb to me. However, comma, Leverage is my favorite TV show of all time, so I'm tempted to watch just for Christian Kane.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
The Librarians has fantasy, adventure, humor, a bit of history and chemistry between the actors. I enjoyed it - and it kind of fills the gap left by the cancellation of Warehouse 13. Definitely going to watch the next episode.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Whenever I read comments about The Newsroom online, there are no shortage of remarks about how Sorkin loves to recycle plot lines, and even dialogue, from his previous shows. In that regard, I consider myself fortunate that I've never watched any Sorkin show before; frankly, if it wasn't for Olivia Munn, I never would have started watching this one. I have been surprised to discover how much I enjoyed it, and it has been a staple of my TV viewing, without being handicapped by watching and saying, "He did the same **** on The West Wing!"

With that said, I not at all comfortable with the Don storyline last night. It felt like Sorkin proselytizing on the subject, and, well... without going into details (I really could give a rat's ass about spoilers, but talking about it would violate the board's rules about politics), let's just say that I don't think I stand on his side of the aisle on that topic.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
So, I got a chance to watch The Librarians, and it was a little better than I expected. I don't typically go for fantasy type stuff, but it was cool. It probably won't be appointment viewing for me, but I think I'll probably watch it if the Kings aren't playing.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Looking forward with mixed feelings to the premiere of Galavant. I see it as being either campy and entertaining or annoying beyond all belief.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
  • I now judge Scorpion to be quality TV in eleven out of its first twelve episodes. I was pleased to see that they didn't drop the Sylvester-has-phobias subplot, and look forward to the inevitable episode where he has to triumph over his fear to save someone on the team, and/or Walter's sister.
  • I have watched the first of the two series finales I'll see this week, the first being the The Newsroom finale. Unlike most of the reviews/posts I've read online, I actually like it; I found it's understated-ness to be oddly appropriate. I will say that I agree with the criticism regarding how Mac's promotion was handled, though.
  • Still liking The Librarians so far, even though it's not even close to my kind of show. I attribute that to the fact that, despite all of the fantasy elements, this is clearly a Dean Devlin/John Rogers/Mark Roskin-flavored show.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
So, I just finished watching my second series finale of the week, The Legend of Korra. I have to say that I was impressed by the ending: I mean, they've been teasing that ship for the last season and a half, at least, but I'm still genuinely impressed that Mike and Bryan had the balls to go there on what is, ostensibly, a "kids" show, produced by Nickelodeon.

I used to absolutely LOVE tv. Unfortunately, some of the crap nowadays is just painful to watch. I go with some old stand-bys: The Law and Order shows (including L&O UK), NCIS, and JAG. Despite my absolute disdain for reality shows, I do watch Deadliest Catch, Hells Kitchen, and MasterChef. One relatively new show that gets my attention from time to time is Vikings. Nice to see that some channels have brought back Miami Vice and Starsky and Hutch as well.

The last thing that I can be even remotely considered is a homer, but I gotta tell you that with all the complaining about how bad things seem, we damn sure have a great Kings broadcast with Grant and Jerry. Grant has the knowledge and Jerry is just funny without even trying, or half the time knowing what he's saying. It's never dull.

Finally, the NBAonTNT post-game shows with Kenny the Jet, Crack-fu, and the Chucksta are on point.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Supposing, for the sake of argument, that I agreed with the premise of Napear and Reynolds being good, I'll just say that I think that there is still room for improvement in the Kings broadcast. I feel like it could be that much better with a personnel change or two.

My short list:

Sacramento Kings
SF 49ers
Some SF Giants, when in the playoffs
Marvel's Agents of Shield
Sherlock (Netflix)
Downton Abbey (wife and I watch it together)

....and that is about it. Don't have a lot of time for TV! Most anything else I watch will likely be just because it is the best thing on at the time.
Hey we're in the same boat.. being a 9ers and Kings fan right now absolutely sucks.

Anyone watch these shows?
-Walking Dead
- The Blacklist
-Scandal
-Gold Rush
-Moon Shiners
-Pawnstars
-Hardcore Pawn
-Storage hunters
-Family Guy
-American Dad
-South Park
-Modern Family
-Melissa and Joey

I watch a variety of shows. I like all type of genres, except for that lifetime channel..

My favorite show right now is probably the Blacklist. I recommend it to anyone who likes NCIS and crime shows. Very worth watching and it takes a different approach from those regular crime shows.

I admit, I haven't watched a lot of TV lately though. I mostly watch random movies on Netflix now days.

Supposing, for the sake of argument, that I agreed with the premise of Napear and Reynolds being good, I'll just say that I think that there is still room for improvement in the Kings broadcast. I feel like it could be that much better with a personnel change or two.
I get it, but compared to what we have to listen to on ABC and ESPN, then yeah, I'll go with Napear and Reynolds.

So, I just finished watching my second series finale of the week, The Legend of Korra. I have to say that I was impressed by the ending: I mean, they've been teasing that ship for the last season and a half, at least, but I'm still genuinely impressed that Mike and Bryan had the balls to go there on what is, ostensibly, a "kids" show, produced by Nickelodeon.
I watched Avatar the Airbender and came away a little disappointed from the first few Legend of Korra episodes. I've never really watched them since. how do you like it?

It's surprising to see these channels slowly reverting back to what they used to be. slowly. It's kind of crazy to think that a movie like Tower of Terror was produced by Disney lol