Troubling Opinions on Franchise from Cuz

Cliff Notes version:
"For a variety of reasons, I'm mad."
"I think I can make Sacramento a winner, but the organization needs to get its **** together."

I can't say that I disagree with what he said. Sure, he could have kept his trap shut, but that doesn't seem to be changing anyone's opinion, so talking seems to be another option. I don't know if that part will work out. Also, I may be in the minority, but I don't think he needs anger management, and I'd be insulted as well. I think he needs to do some growing up, but unfortunately for the impatient, time is the only thing that will help that.
I'd say I agree with you. He's immature and doesn't have good control of his emotions, but he isn't a nutcase or anything like that, and I personally don't think he needs anger management. I also don't find anything wrong with such statements as long as he doesn't call out team mates or anything like that, because I don't think the organization is doing itself any favors. I'm sure that several of his team mates feel the same way about the organization (Tyreke anyone?). Granted, this seems to be a little more about him than the team as a whole, but something needs to be done with the Kings organization, and if Cousins going to the media is what it'll take I'm all for it.

Last edited:

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Cliff Notes version:
"For a variety of reasons, I'm mad."
"I think I can make Sacramento a winner, but the organization needs to get its **** together."

I can't say that I disagree with what he said. Sure, he could have kept his trap shut, but that doesn't seem to be changing anyone's opinion, so talking seems to be another option. I don't know if that part will work out. Also, I may be in the minority, but I don't think he needs anger management, and I'd be insulted as well. I think he needs to do some growing up, but unfortunately for the impatient, time is the only thing that will help that.
I also agree. Thanks for saving me some typing.

K

KingMilz

I think the only thing Cousins should be worried about is to continue to make good passes and go strong to the rim like he did in the 6 games before the Memphis one, if he does that everything else will take care of itself.

Troubled player in need of help or no, the problem wont be solved in the current situation. The responsibility lies in the hands of our broke owners that cant afford to do anything about it. All of the problems with this team can be traced back to $

Personally I don't have any issue with Cuz and like him just the way he is. He already stated what he needed to said and people can continue to think of him as immature and at fault if they like.

One example
Confrontation with PW:
He doesn't like how PW running the team (shutup or speak up? I like that he speak up.) He went to the coach office and voice his displeasure...immature? Hardly IMO. PW took it to the public and bam...Cuz is the immature one? If a player and a coach don't see eye to eye, next person would be the GM not the media.

As for Smart. I defended him last season but this season, even during the preseason, I was already pissed off. With the losing streaks going, I'm glad Cuz voiced his displeasure. From the beginning Cuz wanted to take this team somewhere and seeing Smart driving this team down hill, I don't see how he should or could shut up after making that statement. So what if the guy is friendly, if he isn't taking this team in the right direction, you speak up. Immature? For me NO.

Coach wanted to suspend him indefinitely? If you want to sit him out to cool down and talk later, fine. But Smart was an idiot and would do such a thing.

But like most of you, we don't know the whole story but that is how I see it. I guess I'm very similar to Cuz in that I don't believe in shutting up if I believe it to be wrong. My biggest issue is that he needs to stop whining to the ref. Even when you're right, there's not much you can do about it. Play through it big man...!