Trade: Jaylen Brown and Kings Pick Back from Boston

Trade #2 to Boston for Jaylen Brown and Kings 2019 first round pick?

• Total voters
hell no - no no no no no no no... keep the tank brigade on the sidelines for one season please. Just give me one season without a chunk of the fan base whining after every win. PLEASE???? Anybody else's pick -ok. future pick - ok. our own 2019.... no way please God no please no.

It was posted on the Memphis Grizzlies SB Nation site.

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/20...t-luka-doncic-sacramento-kings-boston-celtics

Kings get a future star in Brown. You can see what he's done thus far in the playoffs at 21. Plus the Kings get their 2019 pick back.
Which, I am sure will be Top 10
The Kings were set to have the 7th pick in this draft. Adding Brown and a year of development from the youngsters likely means the 8th to 10th pick next year in a far weaker draft. And while I like Brown a lot, he's neither a franchise player nor a big SF. He's best as an oversized SG.

And betting on another year in the lottery just feels like too much of a treadmill to me.

If Vlade & co just don't feel like they can get a star or franchise player from this draft then I'd consider it. Otherwise I'd pass.

Honestly I'd much rather see a trade down to #3 with Atlanta to pick up their #19 pick in this draft.

hell no - no no no no no no no... keep the tank brigade on the sidelines for one season please. Just give me one season without a chunk of the fan base whining after every win. PLEASE???? Anybody else's pick -ok. future pick - ok. our own 2019.... no way please God no please no.
Imagine wanting to have a hamstrung future because of what people are saying on some niche message board...

For a record, I wouldn't do this either because I just want to pick at 2 and be done with it.

I would do it because I think Brown is a future All-Star and possibly more. Plus he plays at SF, and we get our 2019 pick back.

If you don't think Brown is a star, then yea I can see why you wouldn't want this trade

I'm absolutely doing that trade if I'm the GM. Jaylen is about to blow up into a 20ppg scorer. The odds of the Kings getting a Jaylen Brown talent aren't better than 50/50, even with the #2 pick. They're going to suck this year so if you can get a talent like Brown and add another lottery pick next year, you do it.

I don't think Boston does it though because their trades are usually lopsided in their favor and this one isn't.

hamstrung future lol... our future is hamstrung if we don't get our 2019 pick back?
It was hamstrung the moment he made that awful trade. At this point, I'd rather just cut losses, but I don't understand, you'd rather not have a valuable asset in order to not listen to people talk, than have said valuable asset and have to hear people talk about something you don't agree with. You didn't even say anything about whether or not the trade is good (it is, but that's neither here nor there.)

hamstrung future lol... our future is hamstrung if we don't get our 2019 pick back?
Partially.

I mean part of the reward of being a bad team is getting a high draft pick. They are going to be a bad team without the draft pick this year. It could mean nothing if they wound up with a TRob/Jimmer but it could mean everything if there is a Donovan Mitchell picked in that range. Never know but I'm always in favor of adding more assets. I don't care about how many young guys are on the team or who is complaining on a message board. It's about adding as much talent as possible. I don't know of any talented teams that suck.

It was hamstrung the moment he made that awful trade. At this point, I'd rather just cut losses, but I don't understand, you'd rather not have a valuable asset in order to not listen to people talk, than have said valuable asset and have to hear people talk about something you don't agree with. You didn't even say anything about whether or not the trade is good (it is, but that's neither here nor there.)
you got me. Of the zillion ways we could go - trading down for our 2019 pick back is among my least favorite for the exact reason I said.

If Jaylen is good enough to get us 40 wins, the pick is not so valuable. If he does not ... if it is another tank year ... I would rather do anything else including taking any of the consensus top 4 in this draft and calling it a day.

Partially.

I mean part of the reward of being a bad team is getting a high draft pick. They are going to be a bad team without the draft pick this year. It could mean nothing if they wound up with a TRob/Jimmer but it could mean everything if there is a Donovan Mitchell picked in that range. Never know but I'm always in favor of adding more assets. I don't care about how many young guys are on the team or who is complaining on a message board. It's about adding as much talent as possible. I don't know of any talented teams that suck.
Last year somebody on this board expressed disappointment that we would not have “the luxury of tanking” in 2019. Luxury. So... yeah I’m not with a plan that involves tanking in any way shape or form next year.

Sue me

The obsession with getting a 2019 is not necessary we have enough you guys even not to have that pick.

I like brown but I’m still taking Doncic/Ayton over him. Stevens system makes players look better than they are he’s an elite coach

So, you have faith that Joerger is an Elite coach for Ayton/Doncic? I have not yet seen Joerger groom any young player in this league to be great. This include his tenure with the Grizz.

I would be more concerned about Joerger being able to utilize Ayton or Doncic properly.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If anything goes horribly wrong in this thread, I'm hoping someone will use the "report" feature to bring it to the attention of the mod staff. I don't know about my colleagues, but I do not intend to spend even one second longer on this. My head hurt just reading the title.

I'd pass on that trade. Brown is a talented player and might develop into an all star, but his success could also be part of the Celtics system. As for 2019 the pick might turn into a top pick, then again if we improve it might not be a top pick. So unless we want to tank the 2019 pick might not be anything to shout about.

For me, I'd rather use our pick on the best player available in the draft and try to acquire another first round pick next year by packaging any talent we don't want to utilize next season. Or just go a year without a first round pick.

I'm not sure if people have kept up with Jaylen Brown this year. He's only 21yearsold.

Regular season stats:
30.7mins: 14.5pts 4.9rebs 1.6asts 1stls on 46.5% FG, 39.5% 3PT, 64.4% FT

Playoff stats:
32mins: 18.3pts 4.8rebs 1.5asts 0.8stls on 48% FG, 41% 3PT, 64% FT

He had a great playoff run despite falling short in the ECF.

The only deal I'd do with Boston for the #2 pick is for Tatum.

Hell no they won't do it but who knows whats in Ainge's crazy head. He might think its not viable to have Hayward/Tatum sharing the 3 and better letting 1 go. Maybe he says its not fair to Tatum to stunt his superstar growth. - one can dream! Lol

The only deal I'd do with Boston for the #2 pick is for Tatum.

Hell no they won't do it but who knows whats in Ainge's crazy head. He might think its not viable to have Hayward/Tatum sharing the 3 and better letting 1 go. Maybe he says its not fair to Tatum to stunt his superstar growth. - one can dream! Lol
So If He really wanted Ayton or Bagley do you trade for Hayward or Tatum I doubt we get our pic , but straight up?
Do we need a star SF or a star Big? If Ayton drops We should take him, but I would take Tatum over Bagley

Boston had all plus defenders playing after Uncle Drew went down to injury. IMO it is very hard to gauge how good any one player is on that team except for maybe Horford who had a track record in ATL. Jaylen did seem to check Bron as well as any defender does. But how much of that was Jaylen and how much was the superb Celtics team defense? And as Livingthedream stated when Danny Ainge calls you better hold onto your wallet;)