Trade for Jimmy Butler?

Rumors wants him out of Minnie, but i saw him related only to Boston and Philly.
Do you think maybe Vlade try to land him in a trade?
You'll be happy with him and what can we give in exchange?

I don't see that trade working. Not that there wouldn't be interest, but because he could be a free agent after this season I don't see a Kings offer coming close to what Minnesota would want in a deal like that.

He's 28 and does not fit our timeline well. We would have to compete against the Lakers/Celtics who have quality prospects that they can afford to lose in an effort to compete against GSW. A Kings trade would most likely have to evolve around Bagley... no thanks.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
if he was a couple of years younger, sure...he'd be disgruntled if the Kings couldn't surround him with a winning team though so this would be a easy pass for me

No i think much better to sit back and be the team to take on garbage salary in exchange for good assests be it future picks or promising young players. Bought time we start doing that

Kings out WCS,Shumpert In Winslow,dieng,2019 1st
Minny out Dieng,Butler In Richardson,Olyenk,SHump 2023 1st
Miami out Richardson,Olenk,Winslow 2 1st picks In Butler, WCS

We get our young SF and a pick, Clear 1 big 1 SG
Miami gets two good assets
Minny gets good SG,SF,Big and a pick, dumps Dieng

So, Kings would play Butler one year? ............And then he's a Free Agent? Kings should probably leave alone if only for a year. Good to have a veteran star, but not for a 1 year rental. Better to let the young guys come up together.

So, Kings would play Butler one year? ............And then he's a Free Agent? Kings should probably leave alone if only for a year. Good to have a veteran star, but not for a 1 year rental. Better to let the young guys come up together.
The kings aren't looking to get Butler in the trade. The Kings would be a 3rd team helping facilitate Butler to another team while taking on salary for assets.

They’re not trading for butler. They are acting as a facilitator with their cap space to take on a bad contract to get pick(s)/young players

Kings out WCS,Shumpert In Winslow,dieng,2019 1st
Minny out Dieng,Butler In Richardson,Olyenk,SHump 2023 1st
Miami out Richardson,Olenk,Winslow 2 1st picks In Butler, WCS

We get our young SF and a pick, Clear 1 big 1 SG
Miami gets two good assets
Minny gets good SG,SF,Big and a pick, dumps Dieng
Man I just don’t know how we could afford to have Giles, Bagley, and Fox starting. That’s spacing suicide in an era of shooting I would have loved it if we had drafted a SF then had Winslow at PF.

Man I just don’t know how we could afford to have Giles, Bagley, and Fox starting. That’s spacing suicide in an era of shooting I would have loved it if we had drafted a SF then had Winslow at PF.
Bagley shot a good percentage from 3 during college and in general had a very high FG percentage. Giles looks to have the makings of at least a decent shooter, maybe even better. Fox stated in his interview that he spent the entire summer focusing on shooting, alongside lifting weights. It may not be glorious in the beginning while they figure each other out, but I wouldn't call it spacing suicide. We also would have Buddy out there as well as our designated sharpshooter. Ideally though, our future 3 man would be a good shooter from deep as well and hopefully a more defense orientated player.