Trade Deadline Thread

So if NOLA finishes at the 10 seed and loses a play-in Portland would get their pick somewhere around 10-14, combined with their own likely very high pick they should have own a lot of combos heading into the lottery.

Like, can we find a way or coach to build around these players so that we can put a winning product on the floor? Or one can just attack a player, our highest paid player usually, because the organization fails these guys.

Trust that once or if Fox is traded and we still don’t win, Halliburton will be the next guy to get the brunt of the criticism if the organization doesn’t get its coaching hire right and bring in players that can put together a winning season. It keeps happening.
As long as the team isnt talented enough and doesnt prioritize high draft position and future, the top players and the coaching staff will take a lot of heat.

Haliburton is an awesome player as a third best guy on a contender. In a team filled with overpaid vets as a number one he wont generate nearly enough wins and as long as the strategy is to chase 36 wins as a win now franchise, Hali or Fox will get a lot off crap as the top player. If its acknowledged by the franchise that we will take couple of years to accumulate talent and assets that will help us in the future and actually follow that strategy then there wont be such blame by the fans. Then we could actually find the player or players that would allow Hali to be the third guy or Fox the second guy (or someone we trade him for) and we could actually be competitive enough to be in the playoffs with sustainable strategy multiple years in a row.

Be talented enough if you turn in to win now operation, act according to your situation and these players wont get the crap they are getting now its that simple.

Wow, so Nawlins is fed up with the losing and waiting around for Z.

?
CJ
Herb Gotti
BI
Zion if he returns?

that is a pretty solid team and they have a ton of draft ammo stashed.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Wow, so Nawlins is fed up with the losing and waiting around for Z.

?
CJ
Herb Gotti
BI
Zion if he returns?

that is a pretty solid team and they have a ton of draft ammo stashed.
Graham
CJ/Temple
Herb/Murphy
BI/Nance
Jonas/Hayes

is probably good enough to keep the Pels firmly ahead of us in the playin race. Hopefully this convinces Monte to sell but hopefully teams will be willing to give up more than the Blazers have set the market at.

Anyone know who Ham is referring to when mentioning players that don't want to be here? I'm assuming Buddy but i didn't know if there were more players that haven't publicly made it clear they wanted out.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I like Nurk, but not in our situation. Pushes Holmes to his proper role of bench big, but not enough to push this team to more than a extra couple of wins. I hate going for the freakin’ play-in so much. Lol

Anyone know who Ham is referring to when mentioning players that don't want to be here? I'm assuming Buddy but i didn't know if there were more players that haven't publicly made it clear they wanted out.
I'm listening to it. He's referring to Buddy and Bagley. Ham makes some good points, but still anchors himself to Fox. Puts Hali in the same class as Nash and CP3, but insists the Kings should build around Fox, who is a dime a dozen. Like, umm, you build around the dude, who is in the same class as Nash and CP3.

LOL Portland.

They've now traded 3 starters and a fringe all star for Cap space, Keon Johnson, Nickiel Alexander-Walker one protected FRP and 3 Second-round picks. Can't undersell Larry Nance being included either, who is a quality player. They're making Vlade look like a trade genius, holy.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
LOL Portland.

They've now traded 3 starters and a fringe all star for Cap space, Keon Johnson, Nickiel Alexander-Walker one protected FRP and 3 Second-round picks. Can't undersell Larry Nance being included either, who is a quality player. They're making Vlade look like a trade genius, holy.
And they traded a first to get Nance a few months back too

LOL Portland.

Still can't beat the Philly trade, far from it

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Gonna be honest, this is pretty close if you consider Portland gave up 2 FRP for Covington, Gary Trent for Powell, and a protected FRP (and Derick Jones Jr.) for Larry Nance. So they haven't even come close to recouping that value AND now you add CJ on top of it.
The chain of sequence is atrocious but they are done by 2 GM though. Like if we trade away Bagley, I can't blame Monte for dumbing a guy we drafted before Luka.
Trade unprotected first for cap space is another universe.
Anyway this is still pretty bad for Portland. At this rate I just hope Monte don't do anything stupid.