Totally embarrasing!! Who's first to go if things don't look up?

i said this in another thread

i gott believe this team is going to do better. they just have too many talented players to be doing THIS bad. they have all stars ( former/current), near all stars, defense league honors at all 5 starting spots. plus a former 6th man of the year coming off the bench. peja is too damn good to be shooting this poorly. webber is performing pretty good IMO considering the surgery he had has ended some players careers. bibby for the most part if doing his thang, miller is banging around, christie is slow to start becuase of his foot. jackson is being jackson, only difference is many of his crazy shots aren't falling like they tend to do.

the kings just need some sort of kick in the pants. or a spark. who's going to give it to them??? the team as a whole needs to step it up.

Bricklayer said:
The point would be that the Sonics are playing really well right now -- even a team that IS playing reasonably well can go in there and get blown out.

Put another way, here are the records of the teams we have played so far this year:

Dallas 4-1
San Antonio 3-1
Houston 3-2
Toronto 4-1
Seattle 4-1
Total: 18-6

Now I'd hazard a guess that that is the toughest (by record/how hot teams are) openign schedule of any team in the league. Hard to imagine anybody else with a tougher start.
Not to mention opening with the Triangle...

Evenstar said:
i said this in another thread

i gott believe this team is going to do better. they just have too many talented players to be doing THIS bad. they have all stars ( former/current), near all stars, defense league honors at all 5 starting spots. plus a former 6th man of the year coming off the bench. peja is too damn good to be shooting this poorly. webber is performing pretty good IMO considering the surgery he had has ended some players careers. bibby for the most part if doing his thang, miller is banging around, christie is slow to start becuase of his foot. jackson is being jackson, only difference is many of his crazy shots aren't falling like they tend to do.

the kings just need some sort of kick in the pants. or a spark. who's going to give it to them??? the team as a whole needs to step it up.
It can't get worse, huh? Other than Vlade being missed, the Ostertag not panning out, there are malcontents in this team. Peja, Jackson lead the crew. Couple that with a weak bench and you've got a hurdle to overcome. It's a long season, there should be hope for the Kings still.

M

Mike B

The team is imploding.

The Kings will not win 50. (We may not make the playoffs. We have gotten substantially worse and most everyone else - except to Lakers - have improved.)

Adelman will get fired this year.

The team has stopped listening.

We play NO DEFENSE AT ALL.

Chris Webber takes more shots than anyone on the team. (This kills us - shoot from perimeter, remove yourself from rebounding position, shoot a poor percentage, opponent runs out, Webber can't get back on D. Webber is a one man fast break for the other team.)

Peja is truly spineless.

If Mike Bibby will not take over the team this will be an excruciating year.

I'm sure that this is just my imagination and the Kings will go on to win their next ten games........

Time to face facts - this team just isn't very good. It shouldn't be Peja OR Webber - it should be ship BOTH of them out and build around Miller, Bibby and Jackson. Time to rebuild.

Right now optimism is misplaced.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Actually, Pedja took AND MISSED more shots than Webber last night.

Optimism is no more misplaced than premature defeatism.

Both have their place and both are allowed.

Huh ?!?!?

Peja took 15 shots and made 6.

That's a total of 9 shots missed.

Webb took 13 , and made 2 ! That's 11 shots missed, and it's also a whooping 15% from the field, while Peja shot 40% (which is still miserable). Webber would have to make 4 of his next 2 shots (which I'm sure some people will try & prove possible) in order to match Peja's shooting.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Oops.

My bad.

I thought all this time that the two stats were separate. You know, FG meant 2-point shots, and 3 pt. meant 3-point shots...

So, by MY calculation, Webber made 2 of 13 and Peja made a total of 7 of 22 (6 of 15 PLUS 1 of 7).

Mea culpa.

I should have taken more time on my comment. I saw Webber being singled out (as usual) for most of the blame, and I reacted accordingly.

There is more than enough blame to go around for the entire team, even Miller, if one is so inclined. I look at it as one bad game and look forward to the next, but that's me.

I should have read further because the next comment was a dig about Pedja. Oh, well.

Some see the glass as half-full. Others see it half-empty. Still others see it as chipped and cutting their lip, which will lead to blood poisoning and slow death. I guess it's all just perception.

Sorry again about the misquote on the stats.

piksi

Hall of Famer
Mike B said:
The team is imploding.

The Kings will not win 50. (We may not make the playoffs. We have gotten substantially worse and most everyone else - except to Lakers - have improved.)

Adelman will get fired this year.

The team has stopped listening.

We play NO DEFENSE AT ALL.

Chris Webber takes more shots than anyone on the team. (This kills us - shoot from perimeter, remove yourself from rebounding position, shoot a poor percentage, opponent runs out, Webber can't get back on D. Webber is a one man fast break for the other team.)

Peja is truly spineless.

If Mike Bibby will not take over the team this will be an excruciating year.

I'm sure that this is just my imagination and the Kings will go on to win their next ten games........

Time to face facts - this team just isn't very good. It shouldn't be Peja OR Webber - it should be ship BOTH of them out and build around Miller, Bibby and Jackson. Time to rebuild.

Right now optimism is misplaced.

all of this sounds just like the end of the last regular season.

Bottomline we are just not so good anymore.

I do not see us winning 50 either. Losing is one thing. Losing like they did last night is something else.

My position about RA is clear sinnce WCF 2002.
He might not get fired but it is his last season as a Kings coach

funny,...just 2 nights ago everyone was praising webb for his stellar play,... one man out of 12 is not the reason for a collapse.
i love millers hustle but i swear the guy has size 5 feet...cuz they cant seem to support his 7 foot okie frame. if he didnt fall down every 1.7 minutes the opposition wouldnt have so many fast breaks......and another thing!!!!....quit giving bobby (i think im Iverson)Jackson the ball cuz hes gonna try to take on the entire team by himself.....used to work but it isnt anymore....
ive been playin ball for 15 years and if i miss 2 straight shots....I STOP SHOOTING....pass the damn ball and move without it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAGHGHGHGHGH im so F#$$^#@$^ing frustrated!!!!

i was watching the game with a non-kings-fan

the whole time i was trying to say something in their defense.

i had nothing.
it was a big fat loss, one of the most ugly game.
we did come within single digits couple of times, but lost focus immediately after that.
hope things change soon in the near future,.

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just for the record, does anyone know how many times the Kings have actually gone to Seattle and beaten the Sonics on their home turf in the last 20 years?

Look it up. I think the answer might surprise you.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think we've been able to beat them either 6 or 7 times in Seattle in the last 20 years...

So, actually, last night was the rule and NOT the exception.

;)

VF21 said:
I think we've been able to beat them either 6 or 7 times in Seattle in the last 20 years...

So, actually, last night was the rule and NOT the exception.

;)
Without looking it up, my guess would be that "losing" in Seattle might be the rule, but getting completely annihilated would not be...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It's still just one L...and their W is just one W.

A game with no-one able to hit a shot SHOULD result in a blowout. If it doesn't, there's something terribly wrong with the other team.

Blowouts like last night don't bother me. The sky is NOT falling. It is NOT the end of the world. I've been a Kings fan for far too long to let something like that really bother me...

GO KINGS!!!

VF21 said:
It's still just one L...and their W is just one W.

A game with no-one able to hit a shot SHOULD result in a blowout. If it doesn't, there's something terribly wrong with the other team.

Blowouts like last night don't bother me. The sky is NOT falling. It is NOT the end of the world. I've been a Kings fan for far too long to let something like that really bother me...

GO KINGS!!!
I can understand where you are coming from, however, being blown out so early in the season....I really feel there needs to be a change. I don't know what kind of a change, whether it be a coaching change or player change, but there needs to be one.

There is a little hope. The next 5 games, the Kings play 4 at home. Being that they have had one of the best home records the last several years, I'm hoping the Kings can win all 4.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I'm not ready to call for a change quite yet. Catalyst asked in another thread how long people would wait before thinking something really needed to be done...

But I'm always very resistant to change, so who knows? All I know is I think there's a lot of potential there and I'm willing to give them a chance to get it together.

VF21 said:
Just for the record, does anyone know how many times the Kings have actually gone to Seattle and beaten the Sonics on their home turf in the last 20 years?

Look it up. I think the answer might surprise you.
Speaking of last night's game, the Kings didn't have the fight in them that was very characteristic of them in the past. Before, they were never out of the game. Teams and fans always had this feeling that the Kings could blast a 15-0 run in a few minutes to rally from a huge deficit. They fought until the end. Last night, I didn't see much of that. It seemed like when they got down, it just snow balled and eventually became a 30-point loss. It looked like they gave up.

There are issues that might be underlying the type of game the Kings are playing right now. Peja wanted to get traded earlier this year. Jackson is malcontent. Webber made some controversial comments that might have hurt their chemistry. Injuries to Christie and Ostertag could linger all season. The bench is paper thin.

Do the Kings have enough trust in themselves as a team to pull it together? Is Adelman a lame duck coach this year? Are the players still listening to him? What will it take for them to get back on the right path?

From this side of the state, the Kings are very intriguing this year, not to mention, "entertaining." We're definitely watching. Fortunately for the Kings, the season is young! ;)

6th

Homer Fan Since 1985
Okay, the sky is falling and our only recourse is to start firing people.

1st - get rid of Webber...he is a cancer

2nd - trade Peja...he's too soft and chokes when it counts...as in playoffs

3rd - Fire Adelman now...he can't take any team to a championship

4th - Get rid of Petrie...he's the idiot that hired Adelman (and all those worthless players)

5th - Get rid of the Maloofs...if they weren't so cheap, we could get any player we wanted....why don't they just buy a championship....after all, that's working in Dallas

Ack!!!!!!!!!!!

6th said:
Okay, the sky is falling and our only recourse is to start firing people.

1st - get rid of Webber...he is a cancer

2nd - trade Peja...he's too soft and chokes when it counts...as in playoffs

3rd - Fire Adelman now...he can't take any team to a championship

4th - Get rid of Petrie...he's the idiot that hired Adelman (and all those worthless players)

5th - Get rid of the Maloofs...if they weren't so cheap, we could get any player we wanted....why don't they just buy a championship....after all, that's working in Dallas

Ack!!!!!!!!!!!
Burn it all down! I've got the matches, who's with me?

Heres the plan: We meet at the West steps of the capital and then we march to Arco, torches in hand!

ReinadelosReys said:
Burn it all down! I've got the matches, who's with me?

Heres the plan: We meet at the West steps of the capital and then we march to Arco, torches in hand!
Too funny! If a person just read some of the doomsday posts and did not check dates you would think we just got eliminated from the playoffs when in reality the season has barely started.

A

AriesMar27

you are all just over reacting.... if you are stressed out by our record keep in mind that, the CLIPPERS are 2nd in the pacific division right now. phoenix is 1st and both of those teams missed the playoffs last year... Nuff Said!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Lamar_Odom said:
Speaking of last night's game, the Kings didn't have the fight in them that was very characteristic of them in the past. Before, they were never out of the game. Teams and fans always had this feeling that the Kings could blast a 15-0 run in a few minutes to rally from a huge deficit. They fought until the end. Last night, I didn't see much of that. It seemed like when they got down, it just snow balled and eventually became a 30-point loss. It looked like they gave up.

There are issues that might be underlying the type of game the Kings are playing right now. Peja wanted to get traded earlier this year. Jackson is malcontent. Webber made some controversial comments that might have hurt their chemistry. Injuries to Christie and Ostertag could linger all season. The bench is paper thin.

Do the Kings have enough trust in themselves as a team to pull it together? Is Adelman a lame duck coach this year? Are the players still listening to him? What will it take for them to get back on the right path?

From this side of the state, the Kings are very intriguing this year, not to mention, "entertaining." We're definitely watching. Fortunately for the Kings, the season is young! ;)
Now might be a good time to put down the pointy stick for a little while, Laker fan. I think those of us loyal to our team have enough doubts without Laker fans pouring salt into the wounds...

Your comment about the Kings being "entertaining" right now was uncalled for. Let's give it a rest...

VF21 (the moderator, not the fan)

jahhluv said:
thats the only real variable from last year isnt it?Chemistry is EVERYTHING ask the Pistons and ask the Lakers who had the MDE and still got their skulls beat into an unrecognizable pulp.
LA got past SA with the same chemistry. I'd say their problem in the Finals was definitely more to do with Malone's injury and chronic foul trouble.

Maybe this is what the Kings need. In past years, they have cruised through the regular season only to get ousted in the Playoffs. In recent years they have had decent to really good starts to the season. Now we will see how they play in the regular season when faced with adversity. Also, I don't think it will be any surpirise if the Kings lose to the Suns tomorrow and probably big. However, we then have a 5 game home stand. I would not be surprised to see the Kings at 6-5 at the end of the stand. Hopefully this will give them some time to get some consistantcy in their play and a good opportunity to remember what it is like to be on a winning streak.

Last edited:
atillery said:
......and another thing!!!!....quit giving bobby (i think im Iverson)Jackson the ball cuz hes gonna try to take on the entire team by himself.....used to work but it isnt anymore....
ive been playin ball for 15 years and if i miss 2 straight shots....I STOP SHOOTING....pass the damn ball and move without it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAGHGHGHGHGH im so F#$$^#@$^ing frustrated!!!!
I have been screaming that the whole time. I love Bobby when he does what he does and the shots are falling but, right now Bobby is nothing more than a gunner and a ball hog with no shot.